Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting TESC
I agree with you both. My writing sucks and I hate English. I took it back in 2001/2002 at the University of Mississippi. C in Comp I and D in Comp II. Hopefully, my C is good for TESC and only will need Comp II as that will be the only English class I need.
tsimmns Wrote:I agree with you both. My writing sucks and I hate English. I took it back in 2001/2002 at the University of Mississippi. C in Comp I and D in Comp II. Hopefully, my C is good for TESC and only will need Comp II as that will be the only English class I need.

Good for you! Remember, practice makes perfect! The more you write the better you get and it becomes second nature. Yes, TESC will accept only a C or better for the Eng Comp courses. The same is true for all courses in the area of study/specialization.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Can you possibly expand on the difference between Free Elective and General Education Electives? I'm sure I have the Free Electives, from when I was in the Band at the University of Mississippi. I also took an Appreciation of Theatre class which I wonder what it falls under. Can't wait until after Christmas to speak to someone there.
tsimmns Wrote:Can you possibly expand on the difference between Free Elective and General Education Electives? I'm sure I have the Free Electives, from when I was in the Band at the University of Mississippi. I also took an Appreciation of Theatre class which I wonder what it falls under. Can't wait until after Christmas to speak to someone there.

This phenomenal post Alpha Numerics For Dummies was created by forum member Cookderosa and is basically the bible to understanding academic classifications.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
bricabrac Wrote:Just as an FYI, the English Composition II (ENC102) exam was revised in October 2014. The exam is not as easy as it once was (one research paper, 4hrs, vers 2005), but still less work and time when compared to a full semester.

I agree with Prloko, is you do not have good writing skills a course would be best.

Good info on the TECEP, my wife took it last year and she was allowed to bring a writing guide and a dictionary, which helped her immensly.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Hey tsimmns, is this degree, the degree you are looking to complete?
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
That is the degree Prloko. Like I said I know I have at least the English Comp I and College Algebra knocked out as I took them at the University of Mississippi in 2001 and got a C in both. I also took a Theatre class which I figure will fall in there somewhere for an elective. I was a business major, so most of my classes I actually passed where in that area. However, after joining the military and getting into NDI and then into Avionics, I am wanting to pursue something in Electronics. I figure TESC is a good place to start and maybe I can translate this into a job as an Electronic Technician working offshore or for Halliburton or something as it's a good paying career field even with just the Associates degree. I just hope I get max transfer for my military training in Avionics and I hopefully can complete this sometime soon.

Another question I have about TESC is they say they have semester that start each month. Say I register for English Comp II in the Feb semester, can I then take something else in the March semester? Although I plan to take more than one class each semester if possible. Just might be good if all the finals don't roll around at the same time.
I'm not sure if they still do it, but university of Phoenix has or had an associates through credit recognition, you could tranfers all but 3 credits for their EML 299 writing course.

http://ecatalog.phoenix.edu/31_ONLINE/20...ingle=true

Passing Phoenix's required EML299.1. Basically, EML 299.1 consists of writing two essays on why your military experience and education makes you more prepared for real world challenges.
tsimmns Wrote:That is the degree Prloko. Like I said I know I have at least the English Comp I and College Algebra knocked out as I took them at the University of Mississippi in 2001 and got a C in both. I also took a Theatre class which I figure will fall in there somewhere for an elective. I was a business major, so most of my classes I actually passed where in that area. However, after joining the military and getting into NDI and then into Avionics, I am wanting to pursue something in Electronics. I figure TESC is a good place to start and maybe I can translate this into a job as an Electronic Technician working offshore or for Halliburton or something as it's a good paying career field even with just the Associates degree. I just hope I get max transfer for my military training in Avionics and I hopefully can complete this sometime soon.

Another question I have about TESC is they say they have semester that start each month. Say I register for English Comp II in the Feb semester, can I then take something else in the March semester? Although I plan to take more than one class each semester if possible. Just might be good if all the finals don't roll around at the same time.

That's what I'm up to now (taking a class/TECEP every month); I've staggered it so that I'm not overloading myself, but at the same time I'm keeping busy every month. TESC has the schedules for class start and end dates; most instructors will want to finish classes ahead of the last day of class, to give them time to mark things. You can also check the syllabus for most classes, as a module opens up almost on a weekly basis (all three classes I've taken so far have been 12-weeks long, and I've only had an exam in one). It won't give you the due dates for when exams/midterms and other things are due, but it's almost weekly especially if there are 12 modules in a class.

My advice is to get ahead of class whenever possible; I managed to be 4 weeks ahead for one of my general elective classes, and I'm planning to do the same for my current English class this long weekend, so I only have to worry about my other TECEP exam and the weekly forum postings by January.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,589 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,161 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Just starting I need help tobyisking 19 3,341 01-07-2018, 10:37 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,956 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,293 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,700 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,150 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,776 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby