Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting This Journey
With so many variables in play, so less time to complete courses, you need to decide soon... For the hubby, I recommend just get the AAS in Military Technology Leadership instead of a Bachelors as there are too many courses to take, send in a JST for an academic evaluation. I think it's cheaper, easier, faster sticking to his original goals instead of going for MTL...

Stick with the BSBA CIS AOS, you can get the ASNSM Computer Science along with that, and the mentioned Google IT Cert. Again, for the both of you, if you have any other certs, associates, experience, whatever else you can think of that can grant credit, name them. You just need to take courses at Saylor.org/Study.com for the computer science or CIS offerings...

For OP, you need to decide for yourself as well. Depending on your answer to my question on post #7... If you're wanting to get into Nursing, I would just get the ASNSM Biology to cover all the requirements for WGU's entry RN-BSN, then if you need a Bachelors, work with the hubby in completing a BSBA, but I suggest a GM for you instead as it's easier with the non proctored DAU courses.

For the both of you, if you need to get second Bachelors at TESU for any reason, after you graduate the first degree, you can spend time on 1 extra capstone course and AOS electives through alternative credit options for whatever you're going for and your Hubby's BA Computer Science and the cost is nominal as it's only $750 for the capstone, plus costs to take the courses at Study.com

Last but not least, even though I would want to graduate them all at the same time for one grad fee, it may be more worth it to get what you can before he retires or gets out of active duty, you "save" so much on tuition by taking all the courses you need promptly, you can go for the second bachelors later, even if it costs you twice as much for that one final capstone course. The ROI/Value of graduating faster will outweigh saving on the graduation fees, as having a better paying job will pay for itself...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Note: if you get the Pierpont BOG AAS, you cannot also get both the AAS Military Technology AND the ASNSM Comp Sci from TESU. Pick one or the other. I would probably pick the AAS Military Tech because it shows a slightly wider field of experience than ASNSM Comp Sci + BA Comp Sci or ASNSM Comp Sci + BA CIS.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(01-13-2022, 07:44 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For Pierpont, you'd do the following:
This course at ASU: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/technical-sup...s-cis-194/
At Sophia, you'd do Communication at Work & Visual Communication for the English/Communication requirement. For Math/Science, do Algebra (it's literally the easiest Algebra course you can take) + either Environmental Science or Human Biology. For Social Sciences, do both US History courses. Then do Intro to Information Technology. This gets you to 21 credits + 1 credit at ASU. Now, take literally anything else to bring the total up to 60 credits.

This seems to imply that 1 graded RA credit + 59 Sophia credits (or 12 Google IT credits + 47 Sophia credits) is enough. Has the requirement for 12 total RA credits, with at least one graded, gone away? If so, and assuming all courses can be completed the first month, this is an entire associate's degree for just over $100!
Tongue 
(01-14-2022, 02:08 PM)origamishuttle Wrote:
(01-13-2022, 07:44 PM)rachel83az Wrote: For Pierpont, you'd do the following:
This course at ASU: https://ea.asu.edu/courses/technical-sup...s-cis-194/
At Sophia, you'd do Communication at Work & Visual Communication for the English/Communication requirement. For Math/Science, do Algebra (it's literally the easiest Algebra course you can take) + either Environmental Science or Human Biology. For Social Sciences, do both US History courses. Then do Intro to Information Technology. This gets you to 21 credits + 1 credit at ASU. Now, take literally anything else to bring the total up to 60 credits.

This seems to imply that 1 graded RA credit + 59 Sophia credits (or 12 Google IT credits + 47 Sophia credits) is enough. Has the requirement for 12 total RA credits, with at least one graded, gone away? If so, and assuming all courses can be completed the first month, this is an entire associate's degree for just over $100!

At this time, Pierpont is a bit... different when it comes to designating what does and does not qualify as "RA credit". Sophia is good enough, but doesn't count as graded credits. UExcel exams are graded credits but they don't count because they're a single exam. So the requirement for 12 RA credits hasn't entirely gone away... it's just interpreted differently. Yes, 59 or 60 Sophia credits + 1 graded non-exam RA credit from ASU, Clackamas, or anywhere else is currently sufficient to get the Pierpont Associate.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
rachel83az Wrote:
origamishuttle Wrote:This seems to imply that 1 graded RA credit + 59 Sophia credits (or 12 Google IT credits + 47 Sophia credits) is enough. Has the requirement for 12 total RA credits, with at least one graded, gone away? If so, and assuming all courses can be completed the first month, this is an entire associate's degree for just over $100!

At this time, Pierpont is a bit... different when it comes to designating what does and does not qualify as "RA credit". Sophia is good enough, but doesn't count as graded credits. UExcel exams are graded credits but they don't count because they're a single exam. So the requirement for 12 RA credits hasn't entirely gone away... it's just interpreted differently. Yes, 59 or 60 Sophia credits + 1 graded non-exam RA credit from ASU, Clackamas, or anywhere else is currently sufficient to get the Pierpont Associate.

Those looking to somewhat "skip" the 12 RA credits may want to think about doing so, the Pierpont BOG AAS is for adult learners who have been out of high school for at least 2 years or more and 20 years of age or older, they may already have credits and looking to finish an Associates for an inexpensive price.  Essentially, the degree is geared for a specific niche, not for "high schoolers" or individuals who already have an associates or higher...

I wouldn't bother with the degree unless it's a stepping stone for a harder to obtain Bachelors degree and you need it right away for a quick promotion or further education.  Basically, you can get a FREE associates en route to a Bachelors when you're going to a Big 3 school, even at CBE institutions such as UMPI, there really is no need for this BOG AAS if you're already going for the Bachelors and will get it in a short time, it'll be redundant, work on your courses for the Bachelors instead.

My response to the member who shared this requirement with Rachel83Az and I:   That's awesome and very interesting indeed.  If it was me, I would keep it for hidden for now, there really isn't a need to spill the beans for this gem.  And I do think if it is shared, potential changes will be made and the degree may not even be offered to individuals without the 12 RA credits.  Since there are numerous options for cheap/inexpensive RA credits, I think it'll be worth it to splurge on those "easy/fun courses for the 12 required credits".

I don't think it would make much difference in the real world, I would still recommend people to take at least 12 Regionally Accredited credits before transferring the remainder through ACE sources.  The reason to this is because of future studies, most if not all schools including COSC/TESU now require a 30 credit RA requirement.  Many schools require 30 credits residency, so having those new people taking 12 Credits RA and transferring to Pierpont would be the best preparation for getting their Bachelors degree.

Hello all!

I thank you all for your continued help! In the past day we have both applied for TESU, Arizona State University and the next stop is to apply for Pierpoint.

-TESU wants to have a counselor call me and set up a degree planning session. Do I tell them that I am taking courses on the outside and don't actually plan on doing the full degree from them?

-My major that I applied for was BSBA in Entrepreneurship (to help support my current business but am thinking about switching it to Marketing)

And my husband applied for BSBA in Computer Information Systems

Are these good options? If not we will happily switch them around.

-As far as Pierpont do you apply now or after everything is completed?

Thank you again so much for all of the help!
(01-14-2022, 07:46 PM)KristyAnn4793 Wrote: -TESU wants to have a counselor call me and set up a degree planning session. Do I tell them that I am taking courses on the outside and don't actually plan on doing the full degree from them?
I wouldn't tell them that. You can tell them that you're currently working through some courses at Sophia, though. Unless you talk to Don Stoltz or Sholtz (I am so bad with names!), TESU advisors are notorious for giving you contradictory information at best. Go ahead and listen to what they say, then immediately forget about most of it!  Wink

Quote:-My major that I applied for was BSBA in Entrepreneurship (to help support my current business but am thinking about switching it to Marketing)
If you really want, you can do both at the same time and it'll only count as a single degree. I think it would only require 5 or 6 extra courses, but the wiki is under scheduled maintenance at the moment and I can't double check.

Quote:And my husband applied for BSBA in Computer Information Systems
Awesome!

Quote:Are these good options? If not we will happily switch them around.
These are definitely good options, IMO. As long as you and your husband are both happy with the majors, that's good! Again, husband can totally get both Comp Sci and Computer Information Systems if he wants. It's a little more difficult, but doable.

Quote:-As far as Pierpont do you apply now or after everything is completed?
Apply now. They have to send you a paper letter with your information on it. This takes approximately forever right now, so the sooner you get this started, the better.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
I didn't see this second page of answers (still learning this forum)

We will definitely be adding the second majors. Mine in marketing and his in both Computer Science and CIS.

We will be applying for Pierpont.

In the meantime do you have any recommendations on which courses to take to map it out?

I'm starting to understand this process but it is still very overwhelming and I'm not sure how to figure out which courses correspond with which degrees.

Thank you so much!
First things first, start with Sophia and ASU so that you can get the Pierpont degree ASAP. That way, if something happens and you're not able to continue, you'll still have one degree. It doesn't overly matter which Sophia courses you choose for this, so long as you get the courses listed in the first paragraph of this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid354929

Second, I would recommend that you both sign up for the Medical Terminology TECEP and take the exam. This is a 1-credit exam for $50 and (at least for the degrees you're pursuing) it won't matter at all if you pass or fail. The reason for doing this is 2-fold: to get you fully enrolled as TESU students and also to get you acquainted with the TECEP process. The wiki is having server issues at the moment, but TECEP registration instructions will be at https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/TE...structions when the server migration is complete.

The wiki is also where the degree plans are held, so today is a bad day to map out the rest of your degrees. Oops! But the Pierpont requirements should keep you occupied for a bit; by the time you're done, the wiki should be stable again.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
KristyAnn4793 Wrote:I didn't see this second page of answers (still learning this forum)

In the meantime do you have any recommendations on which courses to take to map it out?

No worries, question - Are you a registered nurse? LPN? or something similar?

I suggest following the link Rachel83Az sent you in the previous post, it has a link to ASU and Sophia.org courses that will transfer over, complete them first.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI BABA Project Management with Zero Starting Credits ChickenEnjoyer 39 2,390 04-07-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: layermonkey
Sad 53 Starting Fresh laknight 13 684 02-29-2024, 06:02 AM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  Help me start my journey from Canada Futureproof60 10 1,151 01-22-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Starting from scratch. Fastest path to Associates on the way to BS? nyjosh 12 1,409 07-24-2022, 07:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
Big Grin I'm starting from bottom up! ... Journey to Bsc in Computer Science dinodev 5 795 07-07-2022, 12:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Health issues recently, trying to regroup and pivot in my HR journey newlion 5 621 05-30-2022, 09:46 AM
  Looking for help with getting WGU CS credit before starting muu9 27 2,706 04-02-2022, 08:07 PM
Last Post: muu9
  Starting out Lunita 15 1,432 02-23-2022, 07:35 PM
  Cheapest path, starting from scratch calliemay 22 2,999 04-27-2021, 02:46 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch - lost and need some pointers or guidance. DragonInstall 6 1,917 10-11-2020, 12:38 PM
Last Post: rachel83az