Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months
I have taken the plunge and I am cleared to start November 1.

Has anyone completed the WGU MBA or most of it so I can ask a few questions?
[-] The following 2 users Like Johmford's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Kima
Here is an update:

I wanted my mentor to take me seriously about finishing in one term and not slow me down, so I made sure to have both papers for the first class done before our first meeting. He was impressed and has been great to work with. For our second meeting, he was supposed to go through the first class with me. Instead, since I had completed it, we went through the entire program and looked at every class. It was really helpful. He also has several emails he is supposed to send for each class, and I had him just send them all first thing so I will have the information when I need it.

Here is how each class has gone:

C200 Managing Organizations & Leading People- This took about 18 hours over 4 days and consisted of 2 papers. It was done before the term began Nov 1.

C202 Managing Human Capital- I took the pre-assessment cold on the recommendation of my mentor and easily passed. I had to wait until Nov 1 to take the final and studied for about an hour before it because I had the time. Passed easily.

C204 Management Communication- This took about 9 hours over 3 days. There was one "paper" that was actually a bunch of small communications and a recorded presentation. I had to wait until Nov 1 to do the recording, but had everything else completed before that, including the outline for my presentation.

C212 Marketing- This took about 6 hours over 2 days and I had it done before the term started Nov 1. I had to wait for my mentor to give me access to the class (you only start with the first 3 classes). My first submission was returned so I could elaborate on one small part, so I am currently waiting to hear back on it.

C213 Accounting for Decision Makers- I took the pre-assessment cold and passed, though not by enough margin to make me comfortable. I studied for about 5 hours yesterday and then took the final and aced it.

C206 Ethical Leadership- I have the first of three papers written (took about 5 hours) and am completely uninspired by this class. I guess that's why I'm posting here instead of working on it.

I'm having a lot of fun and can't wait to move beyond Ethical Leadership. Well, I'd better get back to work now.
[-] The following 5 users Like amilitab4k9's post:
  • allvia, GoodYellowDogs, Life_One, quigongene, Sapientes
(11-06-2018, 01:49 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: Here is an update:

I wanted my mentor to take me seriously about finishing in one term and not slow me down, so I made sure to have both papers for the first class done before our first meeting. He was impressed and has been great to work with. For our second meeting, he was supposed to go through the first class with me. Instead, since I had completed it, we went through the entire program and looked at every class. It was really helpful. He also has several emails he is supposed to send for each class, and I had him just send them all first thing so I will have the information when I need it.

Here is how each class has gone:

C200 Managing Organizations & Leading People- This took about 18 hours over 4 days and consisted of 2 papers. It was done before the term began Nov 1.

C202 Managing Human Capital- I took the pre-assessment cold on the recommendation of my mentor and easily passed. I had to wait until Nov 1 to take the final and studied for about an hour before it because I had the time. Passed easily.

C204 Management Communication- This took about 9 hours over 3 days. There was one "paper" that was actually a bunch of small communications and a recorded presentation. I had to wait until Nov 1 to do the recording, but had everything else completed before that, including the outline for my presentation.

C212 Marketing- This took about 6 hours over 2 days and I had it done before the term started Nov 1. I had to wait for my mentor to give me access to the class (you only start with the first 3 classes). My first submission was returned so I could elaborate on one small part, so I am currently waiting to hear back on it.

C213 Accounting for Decision Makers- I took the pre-assessment cold and passed, though not by enough margin to make me comfortable. I studied for about 5 hours yesterday and then took the final and aced it.

C206 Ethical Leadership- I have the first of three papers written (took about 5 hours) and am completely uninspired by this class. I guess that's why I'm posting here instead of working on it.

I'm having a lot of fun and can't wait to move beyond Ethical Leadership. Well, I'd better get back to work now.

How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?
Denise

MS - Management and Leadership, WGU 2022
BS - Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
Certificate - Workers Comp Admin, UC Davis Extension, 1995
AA - Licensed Vocational Nursing and Selected Studies, Mesa College 1989
Certificate - Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

Also, someday maybe a MS in Forensic Psychology, just for fun.   Oh, and a BS in Animal Behavior.  And, maybe when I'm 85 a PhD in something fun.

(11-06-2018, 03:27 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?

You have access to almost everything (including course instructors, but not including final exams) right after orientation, which is usually 2 weeks prior to your start date.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, jsd, Life_One
Following this thread... This thread has great info! I hope to complete both MSML and MBA ITM at WGU.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
(11-06-2018, 03:39 PM)quigongene Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 03:27 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?

You have access to almost everything (including course instructors, but not including final exams) right after orientation, which is usually 2 weeks prior to your start date.

On the 15th before your start date (for me, October 15), you get access to all of the material and assignments. Basically all you can't do is take tests, record videos, or submit papers. So, when I finally got access, I had several papers to submit, a video to record, and a test that I was ready to take.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheapest online masters degree under 12 months Sdmj33 30 9,019 12-02-2023, 05:00 PM
Last Post: ecdw94
Question Saylor starting an MBA program?! jch 40 4,358 09-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Last Post: SweetSecret
  Starting my WGU MSML Oct 1st mohelena02 33 4,940 04-06-2023, 07:30 AM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  Online JD Starting Fall 2023 - 1-week residency sanantone 2 822 12-11-2022, 01:00 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Upgrad/SSBM Geneva - Global DBA - 36 months, $11K USD bjcheung77 10 3,037 04-03-2022, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Harry101
  Marian U Wisc MPath Flex: 4-Wk Term Competency Masters, Pay By Sem Hr Jonathan Whatley 5 1,128 03-05-2022, 04:47 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Walden Tempo Learning - June 7, 2021 Start - MBA FREE Term bjcheung77 17 2,777 07-15-2021, 10:09 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Finishing my Bachelors- I have 16 months of my GI Bill Left for a Masters Kerrihoran 2 964 12-09-2019, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Kerrihoran
  Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete eriehiker 8 2,112 05-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Goal Achieved: 18 Graduate Credits/Economics eriehiker 11 3,284 05-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: eriehiker