Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Starting WGU MBA November Term, Goal: 6 months
I have taken the plunge and I am cleared to start November 1.

Has anyone completed the WGU MBA or most of it so I can ask a few questions?
[-] The following 2 users Like Johmford's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, Kima
Here is an update:

I wanted my mentor to take me seriously about finishing in one term and not slow me down, so I made sure to have both papers for the first class done before our first meeting. He was impressed and has been great to work with. For our second meeting, he was supposed to go through the first class with me. Instead, since I had completed it, we went through the entire program and looked at every class. It was really helpful. He also has several emails he is supposed to send for each class, and I had him just send them all first thing so I will have the information when I need it.

Here is how each class has gone:

C200 Managing Organizations & Leading People- This took about 18 hours over 4 days and consisted of 2 papers. It was done before the term began Nov 1.

C202 Managing Human Capital- I took the pre-assessment cold on the recommendation of my mentor and easily passed. I had to wait until Nov 1 to take the final and studied for about an hour before it because I had the time. Passed easily.

C204 Management Communication- This took about 9 hours over 3 days. There was one "paper" that was actually a bunch of small communications and a recorded presentation. I had to wait until Nov 1 to do the recording, but had everything else completed before that, including the outline for my presentation.

C212 Marketing- This took about 6 hours over 2 days and I had it done before the term started Nov 1. I had to wait for my mentor to give me access to the class (you only start with the first 3 classes). My first submission was returned so I could elaborate on one small part, so I am currently waiting to hear back on it.

C213 Accounting for Decision Makers- I took the pre-assessment cold and passed, though not by enough margin to make me comfortable. I studied for about 5 hours yesterday and then took the final and aced it.

C206 Ethical Leadership- I have the first of three papers written (took about 5 hours) and am completely uninspired by this class. I guess that's why I'm posting here instead of working on it.

I'm having a lot of fun and can't wait to move beyond Ethical Leadership. Well, I'd better get back to work now.
[-] The following 5 users Like amilitab4k9's post:
  • allvia, GoodYellowDogs, Life_One, quigongene, Sapientes
(11-06-2018, 01:49 PM)amilitab4k9 Wrote: Here is an update:

I wanted my mentor to take me seriously about finishing in one term and not slow me down, so I made sure to have both papers for the first class done before our first meeting. He was impressed and has been great to work with. For our second meeting, he was supposed to go through the first class with me. Instead, since I had completed it, we went through the entire program and looked at every class. It was really helpful. He also has several emails he is supposed to send for each class, and I had him just send them all first thing so I will have the information when I need it.

Here is how each class has gone:

C200 Managing Organizations & Leading People- This took about 18 hours over 4 days and consisted of 2 papers. It was done before the term began Nov 1.

C202 Managing Human Capital- I took the pre-assessment cold on the recommendation of my mentor and easily passed. I had to wait until Nov 1 to take the final and studied for about an hour before it because I had the time. Passed easily.

C204 Management Communication- This took about 9 hours over 3 days. There was one "paper" that was actually a bunch of small communications and a recorded presentation. I had to wait until Nov 1 to do the recording, but had everything else completed before that, including the outline for my presentation.

C212 Marketing- This took about 6 hours over 2 days and I had it done before the term started Nov 1. I had to wait for my mentor to give me access to the class (you only start with the first 3 classes). My first submission was returned so I could elaborate on one small part, so I am currently waiting to hear back on it.

C213 Accounting for Decision Makers- I took the pre-assessment cold and passed, though not by enough margin to make me comfortable. I studied for about 5 hours yesterday and then took the final and aced it.

C206 Ethical Leadership- I have the first of three papers written (took about 5 hours) and am completely uninspired by this class. I guess that's why I'm posting here instead of working on it.

I'm having a lot of fun and can't wait to move beyond Ethical Leadership. Well, I'd better get back to work now.

How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?
Denise

MHA - Walden University - Started 12/3/18 - Plan to finish in two terms Idea  I think I can, I think I can...
BS Liberal Arts - Depths in Healthcare and Psychology, Excelsior College 2014
AS Licensed Vocational Nursing, Mesa College 1989
Certificate Licensed Vocational Nursing (LVN), Mesa College 1977

And, a MBA after the MHA, thenwhen I'm 70 years old, I will finish my RN, just to say I did it!
(11-06-2018, 03:27 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?

You have access to almost everything (including course instructors, but not including final exams) right after orientation, which is usually 2 weeks prior to your start date.
Working On:  WGU MS-ITM (start early 2020), GA Tech OMSC (start early 2021?)
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019)
Journey Thread:  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity

[-] The following 3 users Like quigongene's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs, jsd, Life_One
Following this thread... This thread has great info! I hope to complete both MSML and MBA ITM at WGU.
2019 Goal: TESU BSBA CIS & GM and BA Computer Science
BSBA CIS & GM - Journey & Progress (GM & CIS complete)
BACS & Planning for Masters (BACS instead of BALS CS/CIS)

Cert Accounting: Complete 
ASNSM Comp Sci: Complete 
ASNSM Math: Remaining - Study.com Calculus

Updating courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki. 
Taking a majority of credits at StraighterLine and Study.com to finish these degrees
(11-06-2018, 03:39 PM)quigongene Wrote:
(11-06-2018, 03:27 PM)GoodYellowDogs Wrote: How did you know what to do before the term started?  Do you have access before?

You have access to almost everything (including course instructors, but not including final exams) right after orientation, which is usually 2 weeks prior to your start date.

On the 15th before your start date (for me, October 15), you get access to all of the material and assignments. Basically all you can't do is take tests, record videos, or submit papers. So, when I finally got access, I had several papers to submit, a video to record, and a test that I was ready to take.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goal Achieved: 20 Grad. English Credits/Harvard Poetry Series Complete eriehiker 8 594 05-30-2019, 10:34 AM
Last Post: ChilliDawg
  Goal Achieved: 18 Graduate Credits/Economics eriehiker 11 934 05-01-2019, 12:55 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  11-yr-old’s Ultimate Goal: phd Theoretical Mathematics TorsMama 32 1,759 04-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Last Post: TorsMama
  Studying before starting WGU MBA kalishakti 11 3,291 03-12-2019, 08:41 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  First Term Free at Walden! sanantone 197 8,815 02-06-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Master in Computer Information Technology at NAU (Competency based, 3k per 6 months) posabsolute 7 1,208 06-22-2018, 08:57 AM
Last Post: mednat
  WGU MBA in one term kalishakti 8 3,649 10-08-2017, 10:56 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  WGU MBA started November 2016 Al2010x 20 5,387 06-26-2017, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Flying-Ace
  Starting At Capella On Monday mog538 18 1,256 07-13-2016, 08:50 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Patten MBA in 4 months??? iwant2stalku 44 3,031 02-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Last Post: Yenisei