Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting from scratch..
Here is what I got for WGU Elementary Education

Here the Gen Eds that I believe you could easily find via alternative credit:

(StraighterLine, WGU academy, CLEP, study.com, dsst, etc.)
English Composition I
Introduction to Humanities (can't find course with this exact title, but I'm guessing multiple courses could work)
English Composition II
Survey of World History
Introduction to Communication
Survey of United States History
Human Growth and Development Across the Lifespan
American Politics and the US Constitution
Health, Fitness, and Wellness

Other:
Educational Psychology: DSST and study.com offer this one
Introduction to Biology: WGU Academy would probably be the best bet because it includes a lab
Mathematics: Not sure what counts, but I'd recommend CSM course. It transfers to WGU not sure what as, but if you need more math you'll be prepared.

Education Courses

Study.com offers:
Intro to Education
Classroom Management
Special Education History and Law
Differentiated Education
Technology in the Classroom
Early Childhood Education
Teaching Elementary Math
If you have the time take all seven of these. Some of them are among the shortest courses study.com offers and probably easiest especially if you do them all they'll overlap. Even if WGU doesn't take them you'd be prepared for their course work.

If you did all or most of the courses I mentioned you could do the following:

Term 1: WGU online courses (which wouldn't be too many with all you'd have transferred in)
Term 2: WGU pre-clinical teaching
Term 3: Student teaching

Realistically you could graduate in 2.5 years or sooner and that factors time to take all the alt credits and the fact you can't do pre clinical or student teaching during the summer. This is much faster than the 4 years (usually longer) to earn a teaching degree. Most of the people I know it takes 5 or more because of the student teaching and availability of courses.
It depends on which state you live in as to the best way to do this. If you live in a state where the WGU degree can let you become a credentialed teacher, then I think this will be the easiest, and fastest (and cheapest) option.

If you live in a state where WGU won't work as well, then you might be better off getting a BALS at COSC and then getting your credential somewhere else. But, this is normally the way someone would do it if 1) they either already had a lot of credits that wouldn't apply to WGU, making it faster to get a degree at COSC/TESU; or 2) they already had a BA degree and just needed the credential.

I'm going to guess that WGU will be the best option for you, skipping the AA and just getting as much credit as possible before enrolling.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I know people don't like the Saylor courses much, but here are the transfer recommendations for WGU https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer.aspx?iid=253
You just need to pay $25 for the proctor fee.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
(07-29-2019, 03:35 PM)udi Wrote: I know people don't like the Saylor courses much, but here are the transfer recommendations for WGU https://partners.wgu.edu/Pages/Transfer.aspx?iid=253
You just need to pay $25 for the proctor fee.

Or arrange a local proctor.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College grads overestimating starting salaries... bjcheung77 7 662 05-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  Superstars get educated too! 13 years after starting... bjcheung77 2 597 05-16-2022, 01:02 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,160 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,515 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Special Education/ECE- starting from scratch amomwholearns 3 939 08-11-2020, 04:11 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Starting from scratch, where to begin? SweetsugarNL 87 11,498 12-30-2019, 06:42 PM
Last Post: SweetsugarNL
  Any "Start From Scratch" members willing to share their journey? Idreamofadegree 23 4,812 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Crippling self doubt! (aka starting college at 40!) Mil0 127 17,297 06-24-2019, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Life Long Learning
  Cheapest current BSBA from scratch? HAVEaSigAR 5 1,583 02-22-2019, 06:16 PM
Last Post: HAVEaSigAR
  Soon to be 47 yr old starting from scratch! jadebos 9 2,136 01-26-2019, 08:15 AM
Last Post: jadebos