Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting school and looking for advice
Are you (or is your employer) a member of the American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute? They offer a LOT of courses that are eligible for credit.
https://www.ahlei.org/
ACE CREDIT | The National Guide to College Credit for Workforce Training

Have you taken any of those?
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Here's the TESU BSBA in Marketing. It's able to be tested out of completely.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BSBA MAR.xlsx (Size: 47.29 KB / Downloads: 0)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Wow that degree plan is impressive.

Question, for the sections that state any elective is there a list of acceptable transfer electives?

As for the AHLEI we are just becoming a new member in the new year.

.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">1TESU 2016 BSBA MAR copy.pdf (Size: 34.84 KB / Downloads: 0)

Could I ask you for help one last time.

I think I have filled everything out correctly with my transferred credits. Have I done everything correctly and cost effectively (with the free and general electives)

I also am having trouble finding the MAR-411 credit by examination site.

Thank you once again for the help.
MrWileyCoyote Wrote:1TESU 2016 BSBA MAR copy.pdf

Could I ask you for help one last time.

I think I have filled everything out correctly with my transferred credits. Have I done everything correctly and cost effectively (with the free and general electives)

I also am having trouble finding the MAR-411 credit by examination site.

Thank you once again for the help.

Sign up for ALEKS and you have until January 31st to finish their math courses. You can knock out College Algebra, Intro to Statistics, PreCalc, and Intermediate Algebra for $20 TOTAL.
You can use PreCalc and Int. Algebra as General Ed electives and clear out the SL course you have in there plus a Saylor course.

Also, since you will need to sign up for a month of Study.com anyway, you can purchase a third exam for $70. You could swap out Business in Society TECEP for Study.com International Management and save yourself $86. You will need to work quickly to finish 3 courses in one month but it is easily doable. You would get 9 credits for $270 instead of 9 credits for $356.
The SL Intro to Comm course counts as meeting the Public Speaking requirement, I'm thinking it will be a duplicate of the course you've already taken.

The Writing about Lit course you took may not count as English Comp II, TESU is very picky about that one. You may have to show that it is the next course in the sequence for your school, meeting their requirement for English Comp II there, if that is the case.

I'm not sure your Intro to Politics course will count as your Civics requirement. They are picky on this too. You would have to show that the course covers American Govt in enough detail to satisfy them.

Saylor's Intro to Business will probably not count as a GE Elective (but since they've changed some things in the BALS with their concentrations, I'm not certain anymore on that). But since this is a marketing degree, I'm pretty sure it won't count there, and will go down to Free Electives.

I agree, switch out Business in Society TECEP for the Global Management Study.com course.

And sign up and start working through ALEKS for Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, and Stats immediately. Precalc if you can fit it in as well, but that's less important.

Market Research can be had through CSU-Global CBE ($250) or Penn Foster ($329)
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Awesome thank you everyone!

Would the ALEKS course for Statistics qualify for credit on TESU's STA-211?

Lastly not that I am being ungrateful for being able to take these courses at a steep discount (compared to B&M) would I be able to claim these expenses I paid for exams on my income tax?
MrWileyCoyote Wrote:Awesome thank you everyone!

Would the ALEKS course for Statistics qualify for credit on TESU's STA-211?

Lastly not that I am being ungrateful for being able to take these courses at a steep discount (compared to B&M) would I be able to claim these expenses I paid for exams on my income tax?

Yes, ALEKS Stats counts.

No idea on taxes, best to check with a professional. But I will say that most of the ACE-recommended course providers we discuss here are not accredited schools (either RA or NA), and so if you are looking at the tax code, if it says something about that, then no.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help - Math Degree for Grad School Frederico.Sandoval 9 584 04-03-2024, 12:21 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,717 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  101yr Old Woman Returned To School And Will Graduate College With Her Granddaughter LevelUP 0 245 01-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Advice Needed for School & Degree Plan diablo 8 666 01-04-2024, 04:58 PM
Last Post: allvia
  Burnout advice anewmanx 13 2,630 11-18-2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: anewmanx
  Canada's Newest Medical School - Opening 2026 at SFU bjcheung77 1 339 11-01-2023, 05:41 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Brown Medical School withdraws from U.S. News rankings allvia 2 457 10-30-2023, 09:51 PM
  How Technology Shapes Ideas - University of Chicago Graham School Charles Fout 0 268 09-15-2023, 09:38 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  ACSOM - Caribbean Medical School (New!) bjcheung77 9 1,148 09-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UK equivalent of high school diploma axa 8 4,576 09-01-2023, 08:13 PM