Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stockholm U of the Arts: Creating Future Black Spaces: Free
The Stockholm University of the Arts is offering a free course in creating future black spaces.  The course is open to BIPOC students (black, indigenous, people of color).

https://twitter.com/EnPiste1/status/1377682452823617536
[-] The following 2 users Like eriehiker's post:
  • harrypotter, nomaduser
Indigenous? To what country? Sweden?
"FutureBlackSpace is a creative space of recovery, discovery and project/artist development, free from the white gaze. It is designed for POC who operate within largely white fields/institutions and offers them a chance, through creative writing practices to reflect upon how this affects or troubles their work/study through a combination of seminar, writing exercises, dialogues in group and 1-1, and mapping exercises, somatic/movement practice.

It is meant as a supportive space that offers tools to generate authentic work from the specific experience of POC... The course is open specifically to BIPOC located in North America, and space is limited to 20 participants."

If this applies to you, you qualify to register.
Oh good to know. I know some people who may be interested in this program
(04-03-2021, 08:40 AM)Seagull Wrote: Free from the white gaze???
Wow. What a divisive and racist description and by a Swedish institution of all places.

I might be eligible but I'll pass.

We must be united in this country, there is too much division and  it is too blatant.

I knew you'd start this again. Not everything is meant for you, nor is it required to be. It's allowed to have classes, events or facilities that are meant for certain disadvantaged groups. You are not automatically entitled to everything.
[-] The following 2 users Like monchevy's post:
  • bettyboopjkt, TINASAM
I asked what indigenous meant in reference to the fact it is a Swedish program?
(04-03-2021, 09:22 AM)Seagull Wrote: I asked what indigenous meant in reference to the fact it is a Swedish program?

Me again? What is that supposed to mean? Some programs are vague in their description and people are expected to automatically know if they fit the category or not.

I do not need these programs I am about to start graduate degree all out of pocket, so no. Don't skirt the issue, the phrase "free from the white gaze" has a very racist undertone, and no, one doesn't have to be white to catch the racist undertone. And so now disadvantaged also means not white? Gee thanks, sounds like Biden, poor kids are just as smart as white kids. That is one big assumption.

"The course is open specifically to BIPOC [Black, Indigenous, People of Color] located in North America."

What is "vague" about that? That's about as specific a description as it gets. Don't YOU skirt the issue. Every time a program is mentioned that is geared to a specific racial demographic, you start in with the "Oh how racist, so terribly unfair!" dogwhistle. You know perfectly well what you're doing and why, so stop playing the innocent. You're concern trolling and you know it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes monchevy's post:
  • bettyboopjkt
The OP didn't specify it was in North America.

I only asked what indigenous meant in regards to Sweden.
so glad the posts were quoted before he changed them to be all innocent and good.
Current Degree Programs:
MA in Social Science (conc. Sociology) - GSU - April 2025
M.Ed in Elementary Education - UoPeople - December 2026
Up Next 
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion (Higher Education) - UCA
Finished Degrees and Certificates: 
AAS Board of Governors - Pierpont Community & Technical College  8/2021
AS Business Administration (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
Grant Writing Certificate- Fort Hays State University - 11/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

(04-03-2021, 12:18 PM)TINASAM Wrote: so glad the posts were quoted before he changed them to be all innocent and good.

Yeah right?

What a joke.

I was speaking against racism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Free Coursera for Californians ashkir 8 2,912 04-17-2024, 09:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free cybersecurity training course, entry level cert, and candidate status through is MNomadic 18 4,018 04-13-2024, 03:50 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Free CUNY 1-credit course - “Bridges to Health Careers/Emerging Trend in Healthcare” ctcarl 9 2,204 02-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Last Post: jch
  University of South Carolina - Free Certificates in Hospitality Management Maniac Craniac 5 1,534 02-15-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  Resource: spreadsheet of free courses from Ivy League universities NatsNerd 3 660 02-09-2024, 06:05 PM
Last Post: NatsNerd
  Rutgers - Free Certificate in Leadership & No-Blame Problem Solving Maniac Craniac 5 1,796 02-05-2024, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Ares
  Free Community Health Worker certificate at Berkeley City College staceydiane 12 2,099 02-01-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  Free Certificate in Public Health Practice (w/6 course completion certs) Maniac Craniac 10 1,821 01-30-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: MFG
  HP & EdX - FREE Professional Certificate in Esports Mgmt, Game Design & Programming Maniac Craniac 11 1,222 01-22-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free Coding Certificate + Stipend TINASAM 0 584 01-14-2024, 09:05 AM
Last Post: TINASAM