Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
StraighterLine - My costs so far
superzim Wrote:That's quite a deal considering getting even that much credit at a discounted ace/na accredited school is 237/3 credits and that you paid for the equivalent of like 3-4 classes that way and that almost gave you enough credits for an aa degree or a good chunk of credits for the bachelor reqs.

A quick question relating to straighterline. Do you happen to have any buy one get one free classes coupons that work for current members or even the 49 off coupons that don't require you to end membership then renew.

Congrats on the achievement!

Here is a link to SL coupon codes

StraighterLine coupons, discounts and promotion codes | StraighterLine
TESU BSBA General Mgmt 6/10/16 Wink
TESU: TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice - 82
Penn Foster: Financial Mgmt 94, International Business 97, Strategic Mgmt 98, Corporate Finance 99, Consumer Behavior 95, Human Resource Mgmt 99
Saylor: Business Law & Ethics 82, Corporate Communication 76, Principles of Marketing 72
Sophia: Intro to Sociology 90, Conflict Resolution 87, Project Mgmt 88
Straighterline: Principles of Mgmt 94, Organizational Behavior 88, American Government 92
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPU Code of Professional Conduct (free 2 CR)

COSC - Associate of Science Honors General Studies 2014
COSC - Cornerstone - A
Straighterline: Into to Religions A, Business Ethics B, West. Civ. I B, Intro to Env. Science B
CLEP: A&I Literature - 69
dfrecore Wrote:To get a second degree, you don't normally transfer individual credits into the new program - they normally accept your first degree as a whole, and then make sure that you have all of your pre-reqs done. So, you just need to go to the school where you want to go and see their requirements to get accepted into the program you want.

And like was said previously, they probably won't accept anything other than butt-in-seat sciences with labs.

The good news about taking them through SL first though (besides counting toward your BSBA): you will go into the courses with a lot of knowledge, and probably have a lot easier time of it and get great grades.

Not sure if that helps much, but if you have lemons, best to make lemonade from them.

Sorry you didn't know about this ahead of time - if you would have said that you were planning on getting your BSN after a BSBA at TESU, and planning on taking all your sciences from SL, people on here would have told you that and saved you some money. But certainly not time...

I am planning on getting the BSN after TESU BSBA. I took the science classes to see how i will fair. I did enroll at a community college for A&P I,II, Microbiology, Dosage Calculations. I wanted to know if after graduating with BSBA from TESU it will be okey to take BSN as a second degree with the prerequisites done without problems or having to repeat the General Education classes again. Thanks for your reply
TESU BSBA GENERAL MANAGEMENT

Completed :

ALEKS
Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus

Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, American Government, Introdution to Sociology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Medical Terminology, Principles of Management, United States History I, Western Civilization I, Cultural Anthropology, Business Law,
Business Statistics, Accounting I

Tennessee College of Applied Technology
Dosage Calculations for Nurses- 4 Credits

61/120 Credits Smile

..........more to be addedSmile we are getting somewhere Big Grin
TrailRunr Wrote:[quote=nurselu]

If you complete your degree at one of the big 3, then you will be get an RA degree. That will be fine for all grad programs and 2nd bachelor's for basic checkbox requirements. If you fail to complete your degree at the big 3, then those SL credits will likely not count unless your new school happens to be a SL partner school. Always choose CLEP over SL if both require equal amount of effort. I know SL is easier because of open book exams.

Moving on to the nursing prerequisites. I don't know who told you SL would be OK for nursing prerequisites. But I think it's going to be a problem. The main issue is that you don't have a letter grade for the SL courses that count as nursing prereq. Most programs want to see letter grades. And how many nursing admissions committees are going to understand your SL credits? It'll be easier to tell you that your ACE credits don't count because they don't look like typical RA credits. I would take the prereq classes at a RA school. A&P 1+2 (or A&P 1-3 at a quarter school) I would take at the same school. It can be online lab science if none of the programs you're looking has a no-online lab course restriction. You'll have to retake microbio and any other required courses as well. Sometimes non-science classes are prereqs like English comp. If you need a letter grade, you need to take it at a RA school.

Don't forget all of the other myriad of requirements like never, ever using illegal drugs (including medicinal purpose) again due to the multiple drug screens with their zero tolerance policies and passing the criminal background check with a 100% clean record.

I took the science classes to see how i will fair and it was not bad, so i know what to expect, i have already enrolled at a community college for some of the classes. Once i complete my BSBA and graduate, it will be okey to take BSN as a second degree with the prereqs completed.

My criminal background is 100% clean Smile Have never taken illegal drugs, not on any prescription drugs....very clean Wink I have passed the drug test several times so that will not be an issue for me

Completed :

ALEKS

Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, American Government, Introdution to Sociology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Medical Terminology, Principles of Management, United States History I, Western Civilization I, Cultural Anthropology, Business Law,

61/120 Credits Smile

Thanks. I am talking to my Enrollment Counselor in Indiana and she has been very helpful. They do accept the SL science courses with lab and other General Education courses without any issues.

Completed :

ALEKS

Straighterline

61/120 Credits Smile

nurselu Wrote:Thanks. I am talking to my Enrollment Counselor in Indiana and she has been very helpful. They do accept the SL science courses with lab and other General Education courses without any issues.

Personally I wouldn't trust admissions counselors anywhere (they give incorrect information, make up stuff, etc.), but you say she has been helpful. At least do the Reagan thing: "trust, but verify."

That being said, I think you are in good shape with your prereq courses at the CC. I'm taking calc1 and calc2 at SL as a refresher, but I have the same RA courses from decades ago to back it up. So I'm kinda doing the same thing, but backwards. In my situation, math is not just GE so I would rather have RA credits than ACE credits. It doesn't matter how old the RA credits are, as long as my knowledge is current.
TESU BA CS and Math (graduated December 2016)
Hi!
I have some peripheral knowledge of this topic.

If you were just getting a degree, and checking off course boxes, then online science should be fine.

Since you are planning on putting allied health science information you learned to practical use in a high risk / high consequence environment (like on people), you really should have taken them from a place such as a brick and mortar school.

The pace is slower and more regimented, and you can potentially receive a ton of feedback.

Some will take me to task and say, if you can learn it online, it's fine.

I agree with that.

However, if I were learning a trade, like you are, I'd want to do it with someone standing over me, and not necessarily where I buzz through some online materials and pop a few tests.

Especially dosage calcs and some A&P. I see people enrolled in those classes every day, and, they can be hard. Getting to look at a pair of lungs and trachea on a monitor doesn't really gel with them as well as when it's on a table in front of them, they tell me.

But I am sorry about the confusion as to whom will accept SL credits. It was enlightening for me, especially with current information.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

And don't take the news that they are less transferable as a guarantee that they WON'T transfer to your school of choice. It's up to any given school whether they'll consider ACE-recommended credits. A lot of mainstream schools don't, but that doesn't necessarily mean yours isn't an exception. I wouldn't count on it, but I wouldn't assume credits you have already accrued are useless until you find that out for sure.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  5 institutions paying fine plus how much college costs in every state bjcheung77 1 188 01-25-2024, 01:55 PM
Last Post: inor
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 811 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 606 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Rising student housing costs... bjcheung77 0 366 08-04-2022, 12:39 AM
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,053 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 864 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,614 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner
  UExcel exam costs $220 nomaduser 5 1,469 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Is the Straighterline Biology Lab Kit Reusalble or Consumable? JaronB34 1 1,267 10-25-2020, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Lydclrk
Exclamation BS/BA Degree plan using ACE/Straighterline Credits breezy55 1 1,465 11-13-2019, 02:13 PM
Last Post: dfrecore