Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Business Statistics
cookderosa Wrote:Keep me posted, I'm not crossing that bridge just yet - maybe ALEKS will renew.... one can hope.

I thought I saw a post that they had renewed. My son did algebra with ALEKS and then sat on statistics for 3 months, never making it past 40%. He hit a wall and just couldn't get past it. He said he'd rather start over via SL or Study.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
rowan555 Wrote:I thought I saw a post that they had renewed. My son did algebra with ALEKS and then sat on statistics for 3 months, never making it past 40%. He hit a wall and just couldn't get past it. He said he'd rather start over via SL or Study.

I would say to do it, I found that ALEKS stats was way more exhaustive than it needed to be. Seriously way more, and I went to a good school back in the day the first time I took it
AJ_Atlanta Wrote:I would say to do it, I found that ALEKS stats was way more exhaustive than it needed to be. Seriously way more, and I went to a good school back in the day the first time I took it

I took stats in college and in two different grad programs, and ALEKS gave me a headache when I looked at it. I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Is the SL course multiple answer as their other courses or does it require an exact input style similar to Aleks?
AAS WVNCC, completed 6/17. BS plan through TESU
Straighterline
Business Ethics 3 | Western Civilization 3 |Business Accounting 3 | Org Behavior 3| Intro to Nutrition 3 |Intro to Sociology 3 |US Hist I 3 |Intro to religion 3 |Anatomy & Physiology 3 |Intro to Communication 3| Macroeconomics 3| Microeconomics 3 |Business Law 3|English Comp 1| American History II 3 | Intro to Crim Just 3| American Gov 3|Accounting I 3|Business Principles 3| Business Stats|Cultural Anthropology|American History II| Account II|
Aleks College Algebra 3
TEEX CYBER102,201,301 6
JST 6
-------------------------------------------------------
84/120 Credits

In progress
English II |Financial Accounting|Intro to Envir Science
Multiple Choice
I signed up for the professor led course. It is 10X better than Aleks. Well worth the additional $60. You also get PDF's of the type and # of questions you will get on the quizzes (ie: 2 addition rule probability questions, 1 multiplication rule probability question, etc.) and can email the professor anytime you need help with anything.
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 79 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 531 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 186 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,306 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 438 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 345 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,917 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 725 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 441 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir