Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Course Questions (Accounting and Into to Comm/English II)
Hello All,

I was wondering if someone knows of a post on here with an overview and review of the following three courses.

Financial Accounting (Xfers to TESU as Intermediate Accounting I)
Managerial Accounting (Xfers to TESU as Cost Accounting)
Intro To Communications
English II

I feel like the Financial Accounting Class for me I can fly through that one. I am taking Financial Accounting in school right now but I am guess this win xfer into TESU as the Core Financial Accounting. So I need to take at least these 4 courses through SLer. I want to be able to complete all 4 of these in a 1 month sub and wonder how doable that could be if I put most of my time into them. I feel like Financial Accounting will take me the least amount of time to complete because I will know prob 80% of the material going in. However the remaining three I am unsure of. I feel I can definitely get the two accounting courses down in a month but not sure how much is involved with all of them and if its reasonable to complete all of them in 1 month.

I am trying to fill my down time between semester with the max amount of credit I can do from a source while in between Fall and Spring semesters. If this rolls into a second month I will probably pick up a class that will fill in either a Gen Ed or Knowledge of Human Cultures spot. Because at that point it will be cheaper then taking a CLEP.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
My teenage son just did one month at SL - unfortunately, the 4 courses you list are the same 4 he still needs to take there. He's also planning to complete them all in one month. He just completed 7 courses in one month at SL, and the biggest thing which helped him was to pre-read most of the texts. If you can go ahead and order the books and do all or most of your reading, completing those courses in 4 weeks should be a snap. He was finishing courses in about 3 days each - had he not read the texts ahead of time, this would have been extremely difficult. The only thing I'm not certain about is the grading process for the assignments in Communications and English - you may want to do those first, then blow through the two accounting courses- that way by the end of the month you should have all of your courses showing as graded and complete in their system. Good luck!

Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

I was wondering if someone knows of a post on here with an overview and review of the following three courses.

Intro To Communications
English II

I am trying to fill my down time between semester with the max amount of credit I can do from a source while in between Fall and Spring semesters. If this rolls into a second month I will probably pick up a class that will fill in either a Gen Ed or Knowledge of Human Cultures spot. Because at that point it will be cheaper then taking a CLEP.
Yeah I was thinking the same way in regards to starting with doing the assignments in the Comm and English classes then doing the other two while waiting for the grades to come back. The issue with getting the books first is the Financial/Managerial Accounting books are included with the 69$ price so I'd rather save the money. If I was able to pull off all 4 in this one month I would shorten my goal by a full month so It will def be worth trying. I am still waiting to see if I got credit for English I at my CC from the essay I did. If I did I will be taking English II at my CC and wont have to take it through SL and I will switch it for a GEN ED elective or something that may require less assignments.

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
I bought the Acct, Mang Acct, And Communications texts on Amazon for under $20 total for all three, shipped.

Synicaal Wrote:Yeah I was thinking the same way in regards to starting with doing the assignments in the Comm and English classes then doing the other two while waiting for the grades to come back. The issue with getting the books first is the Financial/Managerial Accounting books are included with the 69$ price so I'd rather save the money. If I was able to pull off all 4 in this one month I would shorten my goal by a full month so It will def be worth trying. I am still waiting to see if I got credit for English I at my CC from the essay I did. If I did I will be taking English II at my CC and wont have to take it through SL and I will switch it for a GEN ED elective or something that may require less assignments.
If you need a gen ed elective, my son found US History 2 and Environmental Science at SL to be easy and enjoyable. He finished both of those in one week. Also, the texts on Amazon were super cheap.
I did US History 1, US History 2, and Modern European History through Shmoop. Was a great value came out to around $10 per credit. I will look into the Environmental Science course though that one might work. I still have about a week until I find out about my English Comp I score. I passed the multiple choice part, just waiting on the essay :-(

Synicaal Wrote:I did US History 1, US History 2, and Modern European History through Shmoop. Was a great value came out to around $10 per credit. I will look into the Environmental Science course though that one might work. I still have about a week until I find out about my English Comp I score. I passed the multiple choice part, just waiting on the essay :-(

My son did US History at Shmoop, and WGU won't accept their credits - so he took it again at SL!
rowan555 Wrote:My son did US History at Shmoop, and WGU won't accept their credits - so he took it again at SL!

Well that's no good. Not sure why they won't take it. I found the Shmoop classes other then Modern European History to be somewhat challenging compared to some of the other stuff I have completed so far.

I just completed Intro to Communications. I completed it in a week. I thought it was pretty easy. There are 3 speeches that you have to record and upload to youtube. I didn't spend a lot of time prepping for them and I got 97-100 on all three. The rest of the grade is open book quizzes and final.

I am curious to hear about English Comp II. I need that class and I'm trying to decide between SL and TECEP.
Synicaal Wrote:Hello All,

Intro To Communications
English II

I am taking Financial Accounting in school right now but I am guess this win xfer into TESU as the Core Financial Accounting.

Why would you think that the Financial Accounting course you're currently taking wouldn't transfer to TESU? Most of them do, especially if it's from a CC. There shouldn't be a problem at all.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 73 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 531 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 184 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,279 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Sophia - Managerial Accounting and Lifespan chentastic 36 4,361 02-28-2024, 09:41 AM
Last Post: vaticidalprophet
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 344 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Sophia.org English Composition II -- Grader Experiences ashkir 67 10,678 02-09-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7
  Managerial Accounting Sophia faptaincrunch 2 431 02-03-2024, 10:55 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch