Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Criminal Justice
Has anyone taken the Straighterline Criminal Justice course? There's a discrepancy with the "Grading Criteria" and the course syllabus. The grading criteria shows 12 quizzes (50 points each), a midterm (100 points) and a final (300 points). However, the course syllabus shows the standard 4 graded exams (125 points), midterm (200 points), and final (300 points). Does anyone know which of these is accurate? I would prefer not to take a course with 12 graded quizzes.
Working on: TESU BA Psychology & Criminal Justice

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
 Behavior, Cultural Anthropology, Business Ethics,
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
TEEX: Death Investigation
Coopersmith: Abnormal Psychology
Study.com: The Juvenile Justice System
(06-07-2020, 06:35 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Has anyone taken the Straighterline Criminal Justice course? There's a discrepancy with the "Grading Criteria" and the course syllabus. The grading criteria shows 12 quizzes (50 points each), a midterm (100 points) and a final (300 points). However, the course syllabus shows the standard 4 graded exams (125 points), midterm (200 points), and final (300 points). Does anyone know which of these is accurate? I would prefer not to take a course with 12 graded quizzes.

I'd go straight to SL to ask - they could have recently changed the course and not updated one or the other (Grading Criteria or Syllabus).

Even if someone on here took it, it may have been different when they did.

Ask SL.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • ab10365
(06-07-2020, 11:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 06:35 PM)ab10365 Wrote: Has anyone taken the Straighterline Criminal Justice course? There's a discrepancy with the "Grading Criteria" and the course syllabus. The grading criteria shows 12 quizzes (50 points each), a midterm (100 points) and a final (300 points). However, the course syllabus shows the standard 4 graded exams (125 points), midterm (200 points), and final (300 points). Does anyone know which of these is accurate? I would prefer not to take a course with 12 graded quizzes.

I'd go straight to SL to ask - they could have recently changed the course and not updated one or the other (Grading Criteria or Syllabus).

Ask SL.
Wow I thought no one responded hahah thank you for your input I'll definitely contact Straighterline! Smile

Completed:
Straighterline: Intro to Criminal Justice, Intro to Communications, Intro to Religion, Western Civilization I, Organizational 
Sophia: Ancient Greek Philosophers, Art History I, Introduction to Sociology, Project Management, Intro to Statistics
(06-15-2020, 10:01 AM)ab10365 Wrote:
(06-07-2020, 11:59 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

Ask SL.
Wow I thought no one responded hahah thank you for your input I'll definitely contact Straighterline! Smile

You may already have your answer, but I just finished the courses and it's definitely the standard 4 exams with the midterm and final.
"Step forward into your life as you did when you were a child, when you believed anything was possible." 
- Vince Gowmon

TESU BALS...in process...Dec 2020 graduation...woohoo!

Completed:
TEEX (3 credits): Death Investigation Online
Sophia (29 credits): Psych, Sociology, Ancient Greek, Visual Comm, Project Mgmt, Essentials of Conflict, Developing Effective Teams, Art History I, Art History II, Conflict Resolution, Approaches to Studying Religions
Straighterline (15 Credits): Cultural Anthropology, Intro to Criminal Justice, Business Stats, Western Civ I, American Gov't
SDC (6 credits): Oral Communication and Information Literacy
CLEP (15 credits): A&I Literature, College Composition, Principles of Marketing             
DSST (18 credits): Here's to Your Health, Substance Abuse, Intro to World Religions, Environment & Humanity, Business Ethics & Society, HR Management
WGU (36 credits)
FEMA (38 credits)
NA credits (140 qtr hrs)
Yes I completed the course. I actually really enjoyed it & thank you for providing the info.

Completed:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 524 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 175 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,460 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 333 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 323 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 711 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 437 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 635 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,169 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,090 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138