Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Straighterline Dissection
bjcheung77 Wrote:LOL, I was thinking along the same lines... kind of... but I did read her blog on this before, so I knew what was up.

I love reading her blogs, and getting some SL coupons I didn't use before...

thank you Wink Very sweet of you to say.
This is phenomenal. Thank you, Jennifer!! I'm just wishing you every conceivable success with your website. Talk about adding value to the Web... whew!
---------------
Next Goal: TESU BA in Psychology & Computer Science

[-] The following 1 user Likes studiousimp's post:
  • cookderosa
I'm taking 6 courses through SL right now. There are changes to the midterm and final points on 4 of them.

American Government 4 exams @ 125 / midterm 200 700 Final exam 300
Introduction to Religion 4 exams @ 125 / midterm 200 700 Final exam 300
United States History 1 4 exams @ 125 / midterm 200 700 Final exam 300
Introduction to Communication 4 exams @ 100 / midterm 100 1 introduction for 10 points 2 speeches totaling 300 (100 & 200) 810 Final exam 200
Western Civ hasn’t changed
English Comp1 hasn’t changed
[-] The following 1 user Likes clep4gainut's post:
  • cookderosa
UPDATE: IT Fundamentals is currently 7 exams (presumably 100 pts each) plus the final.

(I think the Intro to Communications says the Introduction presentation is required but ungraded.)
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • cookderosa
thank you, this is awesome and will be very useful. Although just to clarify, if i take a final and my grade is less than 70%, more like 30% lets say, it means that i will pass anyway? I am currently taking Accounting 1 and so far it's a little bit hard to remember everything so I'm worried how im gonna do when i am proctored which i have never done before.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Meika's post:
  • a2jc4life
(10-10-2017, 03:26 PM)Meika Wrote: thank you, this is awesome and will be very useful. Although just to clarify, if i take a final and my grade is less than 70%, more like 30% lets say, it means that i will pass anyway? I am currently taking Accounting 1 and so far it's a little bit hard to remember everything so I'm worried how im gonna do when i am proctored which i have never done before.

Depends on what your current percentage is in the course.  The final is only 200 points or 20% of the grade.
For example, you have 80% in the course leading to the final.  That would mean you have 64% of the total grade.
Essentially, you have 640 out of 1000, you just need 60 points more to pass out of 200 for the final exam. 
In other words, you just need 6% out of 20% to pass which is exactly 30% on the final for a passing grade.

Another example, you have 90% in the course leading to the final, that means you have 72% of the total grade.
Essentially, you already passed the course as you have 720 out of 1000.  A 70% will net you 3 credits already.
So, that would mean, even if you get a 0% on the final, you will already have 3 credits to use from Straighterline.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(10-10-2017, 03:26 PM)Meika Wrote: thank you, this is awesome and will be very useful. Although just to clarify, if i take a final and my grade is less than 70%, more like 30% lets say, it means that i will pass anyway? I am currently taking Accounting 1 and so far it's a little bit hard to remember everything so I'm worried how im gonna do when i am proctored which i have never done before.

If you have enough points already accumulated from the rest of the course then yes, that's correct.  There isn't a specific minimum grade that's required on SL's finals -- just however much you need in order to get the remaining necessary points.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

Thank you so much guys! Im just an overachiever, I took Eng 101 with SL and I got 95% total, that means I was spending hours and hours on polishing my essays when in reality I literally just needed to do a bare minimum. It's a new experience for me not to worry about the grades at all.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Meika's post:
  • a2jc4life
(10-10-2017, 05:02 PM)Meika Wrote: Thank you so much guys! Im just an overachiever, I took Eng 101 with SL and I got 95% total, that means I was spending hours and hours on polishing my essays when in reality I literally just needed to do a bare minimum. It's a new experience for me not to worry about the grades at all.

I understand.  I'm the same way.  And I'm nervous about taking my upcoming SL exam that's closed-book. :/  So I'm glad I don't have to get a really good grade on it.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

Currently doing intro to nutrition

FYI it is now
15 exams @ 40 / midterm 100 Final exam 300
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
[-] The following 1 user Likes zzzz24's post:
  • cookderosa

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 79 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 531 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 186 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,310 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 344 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 345 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 725 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 441 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 649 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,187 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore