Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline English Composition I : Special Course Launch - 8 Week Program
Received email advertisement this afternoon, wanted to pass along in case anyone is interested.

Quote:Special Course Launch - 8 Week Program

At StraighterLine, we're always seeking to expand affordable learning options for students. Our existing convenient and affordable online courses have received national attention. At the suggestion of many of our students, we will offer group courses on a very limited basis. To start, we will be offering a credit-bearing English Composition I course for 8 weeks from June 27th - August 19th. Because students will be progressing through the course together instead of on their own, this course will include:
  • Weekly discussions with classmates in an online forum
  • Peer evaluation of selected written assignments
  • Peer proofing and critiquing of written assignments
  • A small class size
  • Moderated discussions and class management by an experienced Composition professor
  • All quizzes and written assignments will receive grades in the same manner as StraighterLine's current English Composition course
The introductory cost of $299 is available to any new student or any student that has recently started an English Composition I class and would prefer this environment.

If you are interested in this course you must enroll before 6/27. Please visit the product page for more information or to enroll.

The StraighterLineTeam
www.StraighterLine.com

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Why would you want to do it that way??? It would take way longer than just doing it yourself!
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei
Ubuntu_user Wrote:Why would you want to do it that way??? It would take way longer than just doing it yourself!

I think it sounds like a cheap option for someone that wants actual online class experience. If you test out of all of your bachelor's, or do a combination of testing and B&M, and then enter an online graduate program, you are in for a shock.

My capstone class was the second online class I had ever taken and I had more trouble adjusting to the format than I did learning the material. I was very grateful that I had done an online class back in 2007 with forum posts and multiple ongoing assignments or I may have struggled more to get an A in the capstone. I would HIGHLY recommend practice with an online class to anyone that has never done it if they plan to ever go into graduate school. SL would be a lot less than the 800 bucks I paid to COSC.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,731 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 29,945 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Need school like ASU Universal Learner Program aetosdios 8 1,354 08-08-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  77 Online credit courses in English from Germany - from €16/ECTS FrHaseKopf 19 6,747 04-22-2023, 01:27 AM
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 664 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
  ASU's new online BS in Computer Science program nomaduser 8 2,199 03-02-2023, 06:29 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Where can I find a cheap college-level writing/composition course ftlclam 4 804 02-27-2023, 11:28 PM
Last Post: ftlclam
  Am I insane for wanting to try a competency based program? Schlafen 13 1,671 01-31-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  ASU AZNext Program origamishuttle 2 1,156 01-15-2023, 01:48 PM
Last Post: doom