Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Final Exam Biology
Has anyone taken this recently? I'm not asking for answers to questions, more so, how was it compared to the rest of the exams and the course in general? Was it terribly difficult? I got 622 points out of a possible 650 on the exams up to this point so I only need about 13/60 questions on the exam, but still am feeling nervous about it. I have my exam scheduled for Friday evening and am hoping that I'll be able to get through it.
It's not that hard of a course since you've gone that far and doing so well...
I have taken the Microbiology course as well and ended with an 82 overall.

Medical Terminology was an easy one too, I had a 99... Keep up the good work.
You're doing great, it's not going to be a cake walk as it's closed book, but manageable.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I am hoping to get feedback on this one, too! I am currently taking this class and I'm finding it challenging. The open book quizzes vs. closed book final intimidates me a bit as well. Would you please post an update after you take the exam?
misterx020 Wrote:Has anyone taken this recently? I'm not asking for answers to questions, more so, how was it compared to the rest of the exams and the course in general? Was it terribly difficult? I got 622 points out of a possible 650 on the exams up to this point so I only need about 13/60 questions on the exam, but still am feeling nervous about it. I have my exam scheduled for Friday evening and am hoping that I'll be able to get through it.

I wouldn't worry. Just take you time, be confident. Probability is in your favor on this one. On a 60 question test you can probably randomly guess 13 right. That's without those question that will pop up and you will be like oh that one is easy. In my experience nervousness is what kill people on test. Was so nervous taking my first CLEP I got a 48/80... just missed it. I haven't failed a CLEP test since **knocks on wood**
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Just curious to hear how you ended up doing on the final exam. I am plugging away at biology now and it's challenging for me. Were many of the questions from the quizzes duplicated on the final?
Just finished it with a 39%, only needed about 12 questions so I didn't really study for more than 10 minutes before the exam. Overall passed the course with 76%, so that's good enough for me. There was about 7-8 questions I knew for sure and others were best guesses. I don't remember much overlap with practice exams and the final exam.
I just took the bio 101 final exam with straighterline. I downloaded the study guide, read all the chapters. I read on another forum that if you do the assessments at the end of each chapter, that would increase your chances. I did that, and when I took the final, I saw questions that were different from what I studied. I did not pass the class (64). Straighterline's response? We'll give you a promo code to take the class over again.
evie2017 Wrote:I just took the bio 101 final exam with straighterline. I downloaded the study guide, read all the chapters. I read on another forum that if you do the assessments at the end of each chapter, that would increase your chances. I did that, and when I took the final, I saw questions that were different from what I studied. I did not pass the class (64). Straighterline's response? We'll give you a promo code to take the class over again.

That's pretty great of them - retaking it free is sure better than having to pay all over again. The final is only worth 35%, it looks like, so focus on getting 100% on all the quizzes/tests, and you should be good.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
evie2017 Wrote:I just took the bio 101 final exam with straighterline. I downloaded the study guide, read all the chapters. I read on another forum that if you do the assessments at the end of each chapter, that would increase your chances. I did that, and when I took the final, I saw questions that were different from what I studied. I did not pass the class (64). Straighterline's response? We'll give you a promo code to take the class over again.

I'm not sure if you're complaining or not.

Were the questions so different that the answers were not in the book at all? Just reading the text does not guarantee that you will do well on the final exam.

Also, how did you do on the 13 tests? What was your course grade going into the final?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
evie2017 Wrote:when I took the final, I saw questions that were different from what I studied.

Well, yes of course. They're not going to give you the questions outright before you take the final.

That's awesome that they are allowing a free retake!
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 420 8 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 104 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,778 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 264 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 274 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 669 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 416 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 583 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Biology + Lab elenlushk 9 2,242 09-11-2023, 10:28 AM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,124 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore