Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Intro to Spanish who has taken it?
I have to get 4 more credits to finish my associates requirements. Has anyone that has no prior Spanish speaking experience taken the Spanish 1 course?
Was it really hard or did they break it down to be manageable for someone with no prior experience?
I bet that is not a popular SL course since it is so expensive. You could probably take 4 credits at a community college for less than the membership +book + course price at SL. You could look for something like Elementary Spanish. But, if the cost is no problem, then I bet the class is a good choice for beginners since they use Rosetta Stone.
Credit Sources:
Guilford Technical Community College (59)
U.S Army Training
ALEKS
Study.com
Straighterline
Shmoop
DSST
UExcel
Whoa, that's quite the price tag on SL Spanish! $226 (+membership) if I'm reading correctly?

Do you need 4cr specifically in foreign language credits? Or just 4 cr in general? Depending on what school you're going to, what you need, and what kind of ACE credits your school accepts, there would be much cheaper ways to earn 4cr. Cheaper as in free or nearly free depending on if you have more freedom in what those credits can be in.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I just need 4 credits off electives list it does not have to be a language at all. I like free or almost free is there a better place to look for credits for college or just the cheaper courses?
What school are you transferring the credits to? Do you know how generous their ACE policy is?

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

I am transferring the credits to College of Western Idaho. I am not sure how generous they are all I know is that I have send them the course to them for approval before taking it to make sure it will transfer. I have gotten one course from Straighterline transferred already.
I would use spanishhour.com and free clep prep to prepare for the Spanish CLEP.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
I don't know anything about this college, and an (admittedly brief) search through their website didn't pull up anything interesting on ACE.

It's not very likely they'll accept these free sources, but here are some options for up to 10cr for free. It's worth a shot. http://degreeforum.wikia.com/wiki/Free_S..._of_Credit

You *may* have more luck with Saylor, since they are proctored and somewhat more known like Straighterline. All of these courses are $25 (you only pay for proctoring), and there are a lot of options

https://www.saylor.org/credit/#available-courses

(there are 3 that have NCCRS recommendation but not ACE. I'd stick with the ACE (or ACE + NCCRS) courses, they're more likely to be approved).

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Thank you for the information on the sites for the credits JSD.

KayV thank you for the study guides on Spanish.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 79 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,611 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 366 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  Sophia Spanish I - I just got a zero for a touchstone! FM1 9 1,421 01-04-2024, 07:38 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 665 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 580 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore