Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline & JCTC
Hello!

Has anyone taken a Straighterline course, and transferred the course to JCTC? Or know any type of information on JCTC? I'm new to this and would like any type insight, thanks! :-)
Whats JCTC?
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Jefferson Community and Technical College
Well they are a partner : Jefferson Community and Technical College - JCTC a Partner College - StraighterLine

But you probably knew that Smile

Why JCTC? If you live in Ky they might make sense, if not there might be better choices out there.....what are you trying to do?
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
Well I just competed a Precalculus course through straighterline, and I need a school that will except that course as a letter grade so I can have it transferred to my home school in VA. I see that Jefferson will accept the course transferred and give me a letter grade, but I don't know if I will need to enroll or not....
And I don't know of any of their partner schools that will accept my precalculus, and give me a letter grade I earned on my transcript.
I know Fort Hayes was working to "launder credit" but I think even they stopped. Someone will come along that actually knows the answer to this one...I am not sure.

Take a look here: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ighterline
AS in EMS August 2010

laci20 Wrote:Hello!

Has anyone taken a Straighterline course, and transferred the course to JCTC? Or know any type of information on JCTC? I'm new to this and would like any type insight, thanks! :-)

I've looked at JCTC & Straighterline some time ago. What I remember is that JCTC would accept almost all courses from SL directly with an equi. course similar to FortHayes.

JCTC is also Open Enrollment, however there is no transcript type of service like how Frederick CC provides with FEMA ISP.

I believe you would have to either Enroll and Transfer in your credits into JCTC.
Or, Enroll at JCTC with a letter from your current College giving you permission as a Visiting Student along with which courses you may take at JCTC.

I am interested to hear from someone that had definitive info or if they've enrolled with JCTC with SL courses could chime in also.

The above is what I remember from when I looked at them a few months back.
[SIZE="1"]
Goal: EC's BSLS
DSST: Intro Computing, MIS, Info Systems & Apps, Intro to Business, Technical Writing, Principals of Supervision
SL: Macroeconomics, College Alg.

[/SIZE]
rebel100 Wrote:I know Fort Hayes was working to "launder credit" but I think even they stopped. Someone will come along that actually knows the answer to this one...I am not sure.

Take a look here: http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...ighterline

I'm in the middle of getting SL to FHSU. To my understanding September 1st is the cut off date.
JCTC will not launder the credits.... I already checked. Right now there is NO college that will launder the credits... I am looking too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,554 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU not accepting straighterline email transcript dropout2PE2BSBA 2 1,302 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: dropout2PE2BSBA
  Are StraighterLine final exams made of questions asked in the previous exams? csyzarc 5 5,792 11-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Last Post: docmarvin
  Does StraighterLine credit transfer to TESU as Credit/No Credit or is it graded? csyzarc 2 2,563 11-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  StraighterLine Managerial or Financial Accounting? Gymfan15 17 6,300 10-04-2017, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Gymfan15
  ProctorU & Straighterline RRMIKE 6 1,961 07-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com vs STRAIGHTERLINE Clodyneseidel 11 5,647 05-11-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Straighterline at TESU sharkysmom 6 4,368 04-24-2017, 09:23 PM
Last Post: High_Order1
  Straighterline, Saylor, Study.com, CLEP - which are easier, quicker? (for TESU) sharkysmom 12 3,961 04-24-2017, 09:21 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  WARNING...Straighterline Ethics duplicates DSST Business Ethics & Society at TESU mlwilliamsiv 10 2,349 04-16-2017, 07:23 PM
Last Post: Jody7818