Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Lab Kit Contents
I am FINALLY getting back to school now that the kids are older. I am about to sign up for a series of Straighterline science courses over the summer and was wondering if anyone had updated information on the lab kits for any of the sciences.

I know there are older threads regarding piecing things together and comparing the price to eScience labs but I am also a homeschooling parent and may already have a number of things on hand. I'd like to save money (as we all are trying to do) if possible.

***I need to take the classes via Straighterline in order for them to transfer to Goodwin College.
If you wanted to look at other options:

Study.com has Intro to Bio + Lab, only counts as a single course (so you get another course while you're at it). There is an additional price of $40 for a subscription to Labster for the online virtual lab. So Bio + lab would cost $140.

Ed4Credit has Gen Bio and Gen Chem labs (1cr each) for $65 each, and you get 4 months to complete each one. Additional price of $98 for lab kits, but they have a $30 off per course price right now, meaning each lab course would be $133.

I think SL's lab course price is $99 for membership, $49 for the lab course, and $79 for the lab kit, for a total of $227 each. Obviously, if you're already taking courses there, then the membership price is covered, so it would bring the price down to $127 + the portion of the membership price.

I like Ed4Credit's ability to take 4 months for their courses. For some people, doing it all in a month is hard.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I should have clarified - I need to take these courses via Straighterline for transfer. There is an agreement with Goodwin College in place and I am planning to go back for Nursing.
You'll still need to purchase the lab kit from eScience. A kit-code is needed to access the lab course. Here's a screenshot for the biology lab but it's the same for chemistry and physics labs too.

[Image: eAe6QUXEL8yzm-WjK3EZ7WcbWvSHrqXXSA75xCs2...mAvLObwbxQ]
They must have changed things. I suppose they need to make money where they can. Thank you for clarifying!
I do know another homeschool parent selling their new in box SL Bio Lab kit- not 100% sure if she still has it, however, happy to connect you with her. PM me if you want me to do that for you.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
Cookderosa & Dfrecore's Degree Planning Masterclass
That sounds great! I'll message you now.
I did not buy a SL bio kit. I passed.

Having said that, I do not know what they currently require, either.
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

(05-24-2018, 01:17 AM)High_Order1 Wrote: I did not buy a SL bio kit. I passed.

Hey I know this is old but don't you need to lab kit or are there things you can substitute?
(10-17-2019, 01:08 PM)Clepper43 Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 01:17 AM)High_Order1 Wrote: I did not buy a SL bio kit. I passed.

Hey I know this is old but don't you need to lab kit or are there things you can substitute?

I don't see how that's possible. The first assignment is to submit a picture of the code inside your box.
Jennifer
10-year member

MS Applied Nutrition, 2014 Canisius College, NY
Premed/Prenursing Sciences, 2011 Ocean County College, NJ
BA Social Science, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AA General Studies, 2008 Thomas Edison State University, NJ
AOS Culinary Arts,1990 Culinary Institute of America, NY

Homeschooling for College Credit
Cookderosa & Dfrecore's Degree Planning Masterclass
[-] The following 1 user Likes cookderosa's post:
  • Clepper43

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 194 97,899 Yesterday, 01:45 PM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  MAT150 Business Statistics at Straighterline nosideedison 2 152 11-22-2019, 07:10 AM
Last Post: nosideedison
  No Straighterline Upper Level for Charter Oak? Clepper43 7 505 11-04-2019, 11:51 AM
Last Post: CatsDomino
  "Easier" classes on Straighterline? Clepper43 5 488 10-28-2019, 08:12 AM
Last Post: BrighterFuture88
  Straighterline CHEM 101 - General Chemistry lem5283 1 270 09-19-2019, 02:45 PM
Last Post: lacussucceed
  is anyone take a&p 1,2 and/or microbiology from straighterline recently? juliak 1 341 08-25-2019, 02:38 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
Sad Of these courses which can I complete from Straighterline/Saylor for WGU before July? jonahh 11 1,395 08-20-2019, 09:04 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Straighterline - COM101 Intro to Communications ChilliDawg 22 4,429 07-30-2019, 02:43 PM
Last Post: badooble
  Straighterline & AMCAS dustywayfarer 1 252 07-29-2019, 06:45 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Straighterline question: sorry if it's been answered before MNomadic 1 303 07-16-2019, 01:05 PM
Last Post: cookderosa