Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Microbiology w/ Lab
I have signed up for Microbiology w/ Lab through Straighterline. I decided to buy the textbook from Amazon cause I like books better than ebooks. I am waiting to get it; it should be a few more days. I was wondering if I could go ahead and start the lab part and do some of the experiments before I get the book for the class or do I need the book to do the lab part too?

I thought maybe someone here would have taken a lab from Straighterline before and would know. I would love to go ahead and get started.

Thank you.
I need to take a lab with them as well. I would love some feedback on what to expect. Mine will be for A&P but just wondering what the structure is and what to expect.
CLEP: US History 1
DSST: Intro to Computing, Intro to World Religions
ALEKS: Basic Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra
Sophia: Art History
Straighterline: Intro to Environmental Science, US History 2, Western Civ 1, American Gov, Anthropology, West Civ 2, A&P 1, Medical Terminology
The Institutes: Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct
Kaplan PLA

In Progress - English 101, Intro to Comm
I am in the same boat. I really wish the lab kits were cheaper. I have to redo Mico, A&P I/II because they are so old.....sucks sometimes to go back to school after being out for so long.
Suz

B.S. Health Science - Public Health (Expected December 2017) - University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL :hurray:
A.A. (May 2011) Gulf Coast Community College, Panama City, FL

~ Seminole Community College
~ Valencia Community College
~ Florida Hospital College of Health Sciences
I know this thread is a couple months old, but 2 of my sons just started Micro w/lab. They are actually not using the Saylor content, instead they are using a video course called Mysteries of the Microscopic World by Great Courses. I did buy the textbook and ebook. They finished their first week today. At the completion of next week, I'm ordering the lab kit, and they'll do labs as they go. I expect, though I am not sure, that the labs will take some time - cultures simply don't grow fast enough to do a lab course in a week. So, I'll post feedback as they do it.
cookderosa Wrote:I know this thread is a couple months old, but 2 of my sons just started Micro w/lab. They are actually not using the Saylor content, instead they are using a video course called Mysteries of the Microscopic World by Great Courses. I did buy the textbook and ebook. They finished their first week today. At the completion of next week, I'm ordering the lab kit, and they'll do labs as they go. I expect, though I am not sure, that the labs will take some time - cultures simply don't grow fast enough to do a lab course in a week. So, I'll post feedback as they do it.

Ehhhh I have to change our plan. We have decided to skip the micro lab and choose something else later. This is a pretty hard class. They are going to finish the class part, but when they are done with that, they'll move on to the next class. Possibly a bio or chem lab instead.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,574 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 663 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,053 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138