Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Microeconomics , Options?
Hello All,

I would like to get some input on options for taking Microeconomics. I was contemplating taking it through Straighterline over a 2 month period with 4 other courses. But, after reading lots of feedback here, it appears SL is one of the longer methods to complete this course.

Has anyone completed this course in under 2 weeks?(and still have life and work happen)

What are the other options for getting this out of the way?

Would IC \CLEP be best option?

Anyone taken the CLEP that has any feedback?

Has anyone used IC to study for other tests?(Saylor/Study.com)
You can definitely complete the course in under two weeks. If this is a brand new subject and you are bringing in little knowledge, the course could take you longer. For someone who is comfortable with the material, you will enjoy the course. There are a decent amount of exams but they are not long and with strength in the material, you will be able to move swiftly through them.

If you are confident with the subject matter but still concerned with your time constraints, you could also test out through CLEP or Saylor with their Principles of Microeconomics. My concern with CLEP is the time spent and not passing with a one-shot option. For just $25/Saylor you can get your answer today and worst case if by chance you fall short, you can spend some quality time studying and retake in 14 days (could be off a day or two)
PhD, Leadership, University of the Cumberlands - What Have I Done!!?!!
MBA, Healthcare Management, Western Governors University - in progress
MS, Management and Leadership, Western Governors University - 2017
BS, Business Administration, Thomas Edison State University - 2016

RANSOMSOUL: Exchange Good For Great

The Ultimate Route to Earning a Bachelor's Degree in Business: A StraighterLine Success Story
I took the CLEP recently. I felt like it was kind of hard for someone new to microeconomics. If someone already has the concepts down, then they can walk in and take it without studying. But you really need to know how to apply the major concepts.

Kind of like algebra I guess. If you know the stuff, then it's easy. If you don't, it can be a while to learn.

I find microecon much harder than macroecon.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • ttower
ttower Wrote:So, I have gotten my Major changed and have the new evaluation. Though, I have not yet talked with an advisor. Here are the 2 evals and what it appears I need for both. I am in process of taking a look at which path is better/cheaper/easier to accomplish both degrees WITH ADDING the Math DM which if done right should only add Five 3 credit hour math classes.

CS EVAL needs
Info Lit 2 Credits - SL Intro to Religion (3 credits + free ethics is the best way to go)
Ethics 3 Credits - Free Ethics (2 credits) - Both courses added will give you the 5 credits required
Civic Engagement 3 Credits - SL American Government

Intro Computer 3 Credits - SL IT Fundamentals
Data Structures 3 Credits - Take at local Community College or APUS
Discrete/Linear 3 Credits - Take at local Community Colelge or APUS
Calc II 2 Credits - SL Calculus II (or at CC)
COMP SCI 3 C - Saylor Comp Science I
Comp Sci 3 C - Saylor Comp Science II
Comp Sci UL 3 C - Saylor MIS or SIT (should be usable for both degrees)
Comp Sci UL 3 C - TEEX Cybersecurity (should be usable for both degrees)
Comp Sci UL 3 C - Saylor Software Engineering (need to get pre-approval)
Comp Sci UL 3 C - APUS - See if the ENTD courses will fit here
Comp Sci UL 3 C - APUS - See if the ENTD courses will fit here
CAPSTONE 3 C - TESU Lib 495 - Liberal Arts Capstone

CIS EVAL NEEDS
Info Lit 2 Credits - SL Intro to Religion (3 credits + free ethics is the best way to go)
Ethics 3 Credits - Free Ethics (2 credits) - Both courses added will give you the 5 credits required
Civic Engagement 3 Credits - SL American Government

Business Law 3 C - SL
Intro Finance 3 C - Study.com
Intro Management 3 C - SL
Intro Marketing 3 C - Study.com
Business/Society 3 C - Study.com
MicroEcon 3 C - SL
Managerial Comm 3 C - SL+Saylor (Both courses for 6 credits/overlapping info)
Programming 3 C - SL C++
Sys Ana& Design 3 C - CSU Global
CIS UL 3 C - Saylor Computer Communications & Networks
CIS UL 3 C - Saylor (MIS or SIT, both should come in as CIS 301)
CIS UL 3 C - Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising
CIS UL 3 C - TEEX Cybersecurity Business & IT (4 credits)
CAPSTONE 3 C - TESU BUS 421 Business Capstone

APUS IT ENTD course list - https://catalog.apus.edu/undergraduate/a...ions/entd/
You may be able to complete the courses at APUS ENTD as there are programming courses if you get pre-approval.

And to answer your microeconomics question, I did 94 credits through Straighterline and did that relatively quickly. There were a few people who did finish a course in one-three days, and that include the longer/harder courses as well. I don't think you need 2 weeks, I finished in 3 days. If you need assistance or further help on how to get these done cheap/easy/fast, reply or PM me.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ttower
I did not do micro but I clepped out of macro this past summer. Mr. Clifford's ACDC videos and his study pdf for cheap is all you need.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 521 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 174 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,341 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 328 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 311 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 707 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 433 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 629 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,165 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Study.com vs. StraighterLine bjcheung77 2 1,086 03-23-2023, 08:45 PM
Last Post: jsh1138