Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Straighterline New Proctor Policy Change
JasonBrown Wrote:Hello everyone,

I just got word that Straighterline will be changing their policy to require paying for ProctorU. This will go into effect for everyone! Even if you already signed up for an account and you were told you would only pay a monthly fee of $99 +$39 per class. Now everyone will have to pay more money to complete their class. This is the classic bait and switch technique! Please join me in sending an email to bsmith@straighterline.com and advisor@straighterline.com to protest this change.

jasonbrown, do you have the name of the attorney who was helping with this Straighterline lawsuit? Can you instant message it to me please? Or if anybody knows of an attorney, then message it to me. Thank you.
yelper Wrote:jasonbrown, do you have the name of the attorney who was helping with this Straighterline lawsuit? Can you instant message it to me please? Or if anybody knows of an attorney, then message it to me. Thank you.

He hasn't been active on the site since October 2012. Something tells me he probably won't be responding.
Goal: BA in American Studies - COSC (103/120)
In Progress: -
Completed - Straighterline: US History 2
CLEP - American Literature

Associate of Arts - COSC (August 31st, 2014)
Classes used to complete it:
Liberty University Classes: English 101, English 102, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Introduction to Probability & Statistics
Advanced Placement: Art History
Straighterline Classes: Introduction to Sociology, Introduction to Biology (w/ Lab), Personal Finance, Business Ethics, Introduction to Religion, American Government, Cultural Anthropology, Introduction to Nutrition, Introduction to Communications, U.S. History 1
CLEP: Analyzing & Interpreting Literature
COSC: Cornerstone
After Straighterline students complained of the new proctor policy, then Straighterline's Joseph Thibault, David Parento and Burck Smith forced several students into retaking completed exams on a proctored basis. Burck Smith then denied the students their appeal rights. It's been brought to my attention the Straighterline students are pending litigation involving a class action lawsuit. Contact me for more information.
yelper Wrote:It's been brought to my attention the Straighterline students are pending litigation involving a class action lawsuit.

With complainants probably in the mere dozens and the damages in the low hundreds, I can't see a lawyer spending many hours on this. A lawyer charges maybe $ 3,000 per day and I would doubt the total damages would be more than that. Most students would have simply done whatever was necessary to pass the course.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  College Algebra no Proctor smilingtimes 11 2,435 09-04-2023, 07:59 PM
Last Post: QuickDegree223
  Science pre-reqs with No Proctor MeangreenMBA 2 631 06-23-2023, 01:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Proctor U (Proctor FU) with Coopersmith... still just as bad studyingfortests 11 1,933 05-22-2023, 05:07 PM
Last Post: Pats20
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 828 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 666 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Lightbulb College classes in high school, Transfer Policy? pilot 3 672 02-02-2023, 01:18 AM
  Columbia College - Missouri, Second BA policy vintage_jacket 9 1,091 09-08-2022, 08:17 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,073 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  In ‘Historic’ Vote, UVA Students Vote to Change 180-Year-Old Honor Policy LevelUP 0 840 03-10-2022, 08:40 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 882 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM