Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Straighterline & ProctorU. Is Examity an option?
:mad:

Is there another option apart from ProctorU to take SL Final Exams? I had scheduled six final exams but was not able to take them via ProctorU. They made changes to my PC and now it is super slow:mad: plus took more than two hours to set me up but in vain. It is very frustrating. I have used Examity to take exams without any problems. Wondering if i can use the same for SL final exams.
TESU BSBA GENERAL MANAGEMENT

Completed :

ALEKS
Beginning Algebra, Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Precalculus

Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, American Government, Introdution to Sociology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Medical Terminology, Principles of Management, United States History I, Western Civilization I, Cultural Anthropology, Business Law,
Business Statistics, Accounting I

Tennessee College of Applied Technology
Dosage Calculations for Nurses- 4 Credits

61/120 Credits Smile

..........more to be addedSmile we are getting somewhere Big Grin
Who is the "they" that made changes to your pc? I ask this because I started having problems with SL using Chrome out of the blue. I started using IE, and that, for some reason, worked just fine. In Chrome the SL page just sat there and wouldn't load.
WGU MSML complete 3/2018
TESU 2016 BSBA graduate
No, there is no option except ProctorU.

That said, I too have had a bunch of problems lately with StraighterLine (NOT proctorU) in Chrome thanks to all the JS bloat they've been adding recently. I've got around the issue by using FireFox w/ my normal script blocker (policeman) and only allowing googleapis.com, amazonaws.com, gstatic.com, and cloudfront.net from SL.

The bloat without this is so bad that in Chrome, I can't even click on any of my SL courses -- the browser just gets stuck trying to draw the % complete wheel while making hundreds of JS/AJAX calls to god knows where.

Screenshot to try and illustrate how I have it set.

[Image: lLdGG8u.jpg]
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:No, there is no option except ProctorU.

That said, I too have had a bunch of problems lately with StraighterLine (NOT proctorU) in Chrome thanks to all the JS bloat they've been adding recently. I've got around the issue by using FireFox w/ my normal script blocker (policeman) and only allowing googleapis.com, amazonaws.com, gstatic.com, and cloudfront.net from SL.

The bloat without this is so bad that in Chrome, I can't even click on any of my SL courses -- the browser just gets stuck trying to draw the % complete wheel while making hundreds of JS/AJAX calls to god knows where.

Screenshot to try and illustrate how I have it set.

Haven't used StraighterLine in a while, but I'll be resuming some courses there soon so thanks!
ftsfour1 Wrote:Who is the "they" that made changes to your pc? I ask this because I started having problems with SL using Chrome out of the blue. I started using IE, and that, for some reason, worked just fine. In Chrome the SL page just sat there and wouldn't load.

ProctorU, they said that my CPU was maxed out and they had to make some changes, so they did but it did not work. I have taken other SL exams via ProctorU and did not have any problems. It started recently.

I use Chrome and SL page loads just fine. IE just freezes everything up.

Completed :

ALEKS

Straighterline
Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, American Government, Introdution to Sociology, Microbiology, Organizational Behavior, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Medical Terminology, Principles of Management, United States History I, Western Civilization I, Cultural Anthropology, Business Law,

61/120 Credits Smile

I had to reschedule 2 of my recent TECEPS due to extensive issues with Proctoru not running properly -- after spending 2+ hrs working with their IT person who tried lots of options, including another browser. It was very frustrating to say the least.

We ended up completely wiping & resetting our modem and got our speed up enough to at least use Proctoru.
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
I'm having trouble with SL's Intro to IT (I know, right?)

When I take the exam, and then click (whatever the button is that tells it I'm done), a grey overlay appears, and then that's it. Can't do anything else.

I've talked to SL's help desk, and while they appear interested and concerned, they don't really seem capable of solving it. I am using an XP laptop, and so I am limited in what browser I can use. (shrugs)
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

High_Order1 Wrote:I'm having trouble with SL's Intro to IT (I know, right?)

When I take the exam, and then click (whatever the button is that tells it I'm done), a grey overlay appears, and then that's it. Can't do anything else.

I've talked to SL's help desk, and while they appear interested and concerned, they don't really seem capable of solving it. I am using an XP laptop, and so I am limited in what browser I can use. (shrugs)

I had the same problem with that (horrible, horrible) course. It is trying to open a jquery (or some JS UI library) modal window that's basically an ok/cancel thing. I think I had to use chrome for that one and so had to fight through getting chrome logged into SL and then opening that course every time.

Always put me in a great mood before starting more work on that terrible course.
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
I've recently completed SL courses and exams through ProctorU using Chrome. I haven't had any problems, but I'm on a fairly new computer with Windows 10.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
sanantone Wrote:I've recently completed SL courses and exams through ProctorU using Chrome. I haven't had any problems, but I'm on a fairly new computer with Windows 10.

I use Chrome for the graded exams, the SL pages load slowly. I have contacted SL about it several times and they say they are looking into it, sorting it out. Been two months now Rolleyes

I am so sick of Straighterline :mad:

Completed :

ALEKS

Straighterline

61/120 Credits Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ProctorU moving to new 'Guardian Browser' system jch 4 2,201 05-17-2023, 04:04 PM
Last Post: jch
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 826 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 661 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  RA math option? Insert Name 7 967 02-20-2023, 09:02 PM
Last Post: Insert Name
  Quick/cheap option for Ethics? Insert Name 4 747 07-22-2022, 02:44 AM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,070 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 875 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM
  IST - State Approved, freebie option? bjcheung77 0 692 10-10-2021, 03:52 PM
  ProctorU to Become Meazure Learning eriehiker 6 1,147 10-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Straighterline Pharmacology 103 tyson14136 16 3,651 07-09-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: eLearner