Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Spanish 1
Hello all! I desperately need help with these exams. Seeing how I graduate college in May and I have to complete both Spanish 1 & 2. I study a lot but Im honestly not grasping the language like I want to. I need to pass this class so I can move on to the next course by April month if not sooner. Am I the only one that has a hard time with the course? any help or suggestions? PLEASE & THANK YOU Confused
What school are you at?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-04-2019, 12:14 AM)Amyfaith Wrote: Hello all! I have to complete both Spanish 1 & 2. I study a lot but Im honestly not grasping the language like I want to. Any help or suggestions?

Any foreign language will require you to put major time into it to learn it.

DuoLingo would be a free option.
SpanishHour.com would be a subscription... not sure about their claim about learning Spanish in 50 days, or how much / what type (reading/speaking/writing/hearing) of Spanish that would equate to.

My son has been working on DuoLingo going on his 2nd year (as one of his high school subjects) and certainly doesn't have enough knowledge / ability in Spanish to pass the CLEP.
Our local community college has a semester long Spanish 101 course that is equivalent to two years of high school Spanish!
We are hopeful that our son will have enough knowledge by next fall to pass this crazy intense course... only time will tell.

Good Luck!
(03-04-2019, 12:14 AM)Amyfaith Wrote: Hello all! I desperately need help with these exams. Seeing how I graduate college in May and I have to complete both Spanish 1 & 2. I study a lot but Im honestly not grasping the language like I want to. I need to pass this class so I can move on to the next course by April month if not sooner. Am I the only one that has a hard time with the course? any help or suggestions? PLEASE & THANK YOU Confused

You need to learn 2 semesters of college Spanish in 3 months? From scratch? Yikes. Sorry, I don't know how to do it so fast. There was a thread here not too terribly long ago about learning a language quickly - or rather how quickly it was reasonable to. Maybe someone remembers it? I couldn't find it. It had ideas in it though.
You might want to consider hiring a tutor.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
Hi. Have you thought about taking the CLEP/MS option instead? StraighterLine uses Rosetta Stone, many people love it, but I don't... I have had issues learning on that platform, there are a few courses at StraighterLine that I usually don't recommend, their developmental courses and the language courses.

Otherwise, Straighterline is awesome for general education/business courses at the lower level. I recommend you study using the CLEP/MS resources and supplement that with the available cd/dvd options at the library. If you need the credits quickly, you may want to try the Study.com options instead...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,095 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Master Propio in Spanish Teaching 19 Euro elcastor21 11 1,019 09-27-2023, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Anyone complete any of these studies? (Mexican/Spanish Propios) bjcheung77 7 1,057 09-20-2023, 11:31 AM
Last Post: elcastor21
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 15 1,709 08-06-2023, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 827 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 663 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Spanish Degree?? splirow 19 1,416 01-17-2023, 10:21 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,071 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
  What have others used to write the Spanish letters/characters while taking ACTFL? Insert Name 3 618 06-16-2022, 10:05 PM
  StraighterLine - Success Stories bjcheung77 0 876 11-08-2021, 10:03 PM