Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline at TESC
Does anybody know if TESC will accept Straighterline's College Math class as the math requirement? I never even heard of straighterline until now and I need a math class to graduate. anybody taken this one? How hard is it? Can it be done quickly?

Thanks!
bsinsc Wrote:Does anybody know if TESC will accept Straighterline's College Math class as the math requirement? I never even heard of straighterline until now and I need a math class to graduate. anybody taken this one? How hard is it? Can it be done quickly?

Thanks!

Is that a new SL class? I didn't know they offered college math?

Also, college math will likely work for most degrees but not all- some degrees require pre-cal or higher, but pull up the degree you are working on and it'll say..
bsinsc Wrote:Does anybody know if TESC will accept Straighterline's College Math class as the math requirement? I never even heard of straighterline until now and I need a math class to graduate. anybody taken this one? How hard is it? Can it be done quickly?

Thanks!

Yes, TESC will accept SL's College Math class as the math requirement: Transfer College Credits To Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - StraighterLine

Yes, it can be done quickly. This lady completed it within a week: StraighterLine Student Talks About Online College Courses - YouTube

However, I would not recommend it, when the cheaper and less time intensive College Mathematics CLEP is available. After studying for only two days (and paying $77 + a testing fee), I passed with a scaled score of 64. When I studied for College Math, I studied using the REA practice tests and College-plus's Learning Network (the generic version is Speedy Prep, a competitor of IC) exclusively. However, I am sure that IC would serve you just as well. Make sure that you understand: functions, probability, and logic...I am good at math (and majoring in accounting, lol!) but those are the areas that I struggled with.
Yes, TESC will accept SL's College Math class as the math requirement: Transfer College Credits To Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - StraighterLine
>>

Ok, I'm seriously blind. I still don't see it!?
cookderosa Wrote:Yes, TESC will accept SL's College Math class as the math requirement: Transfer College Credits To Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - StraighterLine
>>

Ok, I'm seriously blind. I still don't see it!?

Jennifer,

StraighterLine's College Math class is at the top of the transfer list.

Hope this helps!

~Betty
Beppy04 Wrote:Jennifer,

StraighterLine's College Math class is at the top of the transfer list.

Hope this helps!

~Betty

Are you guys saying "college math" and meaning "college algebra?"
Thanks for the advice. I guess I will try the CLEP math. I considered it, but am not strong in math at all. Haven't had math since hs many years ago. I'll try it. What about Aleks? How does that work?
There is a difference between college math and college algebra. SL only has college algebra. The college math CLEP is different from the algebra CLEP or DSST. Depending on your degree program, you may need something higher than college math to fill the math requirement.
Thanks.....TESC said they would take the college math CLEP. I am just afraid to take it even though I've done well on most of the others. I haven't had math in a loooong time, but what have I got to lose? $100.....and if it doesn't work out, I'll do straighterline. Thanks for all the help!
How long does it take for straighterline to transfew to TESC?
AAS Environmental Safety and Securities Technologies Dec-2011
Working on BA Intellegence Studies Counterterrorism at AMU!
Aleks: Beginners Algebra 72%, College Algebra 83%, Intermediate Algebra 88%, Pre-Calculus 75%, Business Stats 73%
FEMA: 51 Completed
ACE Credits: 18
Military AARTS: 18
24 UoP Credits: GEN200, IT105, COM120, COMM215, HIS145, SCI100, MATH208, MATH209,
DSST-Here's to Your Health--423 (PASS) AUG 15, 2011
DSST Technical Writing--49 (PASS) SEP 01, 2011
StraighterLine: Economics I Macroeconomics 89.7% Economics II Microeconomics 90.2%, Intro to Biology with lab 90.6%, Western Civ I 77.5%,
US History I 82% All Done!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,590 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,419 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,161 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  COSC & Straighterline Transcripts MichiganMax 4 1,543 01-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Last Post: triforce828
  TESU not accepting straighterline email transcript dropout2PE2BSBA 2 1,291 01-23-2018, 02:50 PM
Last Post: dropout2PE2BSBA
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,958 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,298 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Are StraighterLine final exams made of questions asked in the previous exams? csyzarc 5 5,708 11-29-2017, 06:29 PM
Last Post: docmarvin
  Does StraighterLine credit transfer to TESU as Credit/No Credit or is it graded? csyzarc 2 2,544 11-27-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,744 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138