Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline chemistry and microbiology
I have just recently discovered about straighterline. My university will take the credits, but I am just curious about how long it will take to compete chemistry and microbiology with the labs. I am not enrolled in any courses and work about 72 hours every 2 weeks. I plan on working on them when I am off. I haven’t taken any courses in almost 11 years and I am trying to make a practical plan. Thank you!
Which university are you attending? If your institution takes ACE, you may want to take Chemistry I and Microbiology at Study.com instead. Study.com has virtual labs and it is cheaper, easier, faster to complete. Depending on the courses, Study.com is probably a better alternative...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Which school are you looking at? There are better options than SL for sure.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
It’s Rasmussen University. I was told about straighterline, but was not aware of other options.
(07-23-2021, 05:33 PM)cassyandra Wrote: It’s Rasmussen University. I was told about straighterline, but was not aware of other options.

It looks like they take other ACE credit as well as Straighterline, so I would look into that.

While you're doing so, you may want to take a look at other schools as well.  There may be cheaper options here that you don't know about.  All under $10k for a bachelor's degree start-to-finish (and maybe WAY less than that depending on the degree, how many credits you already have, and how you intend to get credits).

BTW - went to their website to try to find out if they take ACE - and I am so not a fan of colleges who don't make it VERY clear right up front what their tuition is.

It's roughly $300/cr for part-time students - BUT there's a catch! It's a quarter-based school, so it's $300/qcr, making it about $27k for a bachelor's degree there. That's QUITE expensive. I also couldn't figure out how many credits you can transfer in (I can see that you can transfer in an AA/AS, so at least 60, but can't figure out residency requirements). And I never could find the tuition for the Flex Choice CBE program (nor could I entirely figure out how it works).
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(07-23-2021, 11:53 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 05:33 PM)cassyandra Wrote: It’s Rasmussen University. I was told about straighterline, but was not aware of other options.

It looks like they take other ACE credit as well as Straighterline, so I would look into that.

While you're doing so, you may want to take a look at other schools as well.  There may be cheaper options here that you don't know about.  All under $10k for a bachelor's degree start-to-finish (and maybe WAY less than that depending on the degree, how many credits you already have, and how you intend to get credits).

BTW - went to their website to try to find out if they take ACE - and I am so not a fan of colleges who don't make it VERY clear right up front what their tuition is.

It's roughly $300/cr for part-time students - BUT there's a catch!  It's a quarter-based school, so it's $300/qcr, making it about $27k for a bachelor's degree there. That's QUITE expensive. I also couldn't figure out how many credits you can transfer in (I can see that you can transfer in an AA/AS, so at least 60, but can't figure out residency requirements).  And I never could find the tuition for the Flex Choice CBE program (nor could I entirely figure out how it works).
Thank you so much! I tried looking to see if they did accept ACE credit, but was unable to find it. I am getting a huge discount through work and getting reimbursement after I graduate so it is a little under $10,000. I am able to take some flex choice courses and don’t have to pay for it because of their partnership with my work. Have you taken courses through study.com or straighterline?
(07-23-2021, 03:36 PM)cassyandra Wrote: I have just recently discovered about straighterline. My university will take the credits, but I am just curious about how long it will take to compete chemistry and microbiology with the labs. I am not enrolled in any courses and work about 72 hours every 2 weeks. I plan on working on them when I am off. I haven’t taken any courses in almost 11 years and I am trying to make a practical plan. Thank you!

I just finished bio lab with SL (just the lab). It took me almost a month (due to a delay with my lab kit). Without the delay, I would have gotten the lab done in 1 week. As far as the class, how long it takes will depend on how ready you are for the proctored exam.
(07-25-2021, 08:47 AM)cannacollege Wrote:
(07-23-2021, 03:36 PM)cassyandra Wrote: I have just recently discovered about straighterline. My university will take the credits, but I am just curious about how long it will take to compete chemistry and microbiology with the labs. I am not enrolled in any courses and work about 72 hours every 2 weeks. I plan on working on them when I am off. I haven’t taken any courses in almost 11 years and I am trying to make a practical plan. Thank you!

I just finished bio lab with SL (just the lab). It took me almost a month (due to a delay with my lab kit). Without the delay, I would have gotten the lab done in 1 week. As far as the class, how long it takes will depend on how ready you are for the proctored exam.

We recommend buying the lab kit prior to signing up for the course, so that if there are any issues with shipping, you're not paying that monthly fee for the course until you're actually ready to start the lab.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,576 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,389 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 579 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,121 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore