Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline or Sophia??
And in regards to CSM Learn, it is a very good course for $39, if you sign up for the newsletter, it's just $35 as you get 10% off... here's a thread if you wanted to read more on it: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...INCREDIBLE
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • renzandjo
After some PMs with OP, it turns out that, in this instance, CSM Learn wouldn't be overly useful. It's a math elective and probably wouldn't help with their degree requirements. Fortunately, they can use Sophia to meet their needs.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-16-2021, 05:39 PM)rachel83az Wrote: After some PMs with OP, it turns out that, in this instance, CSM Learn wouldn't be overly useful. It's a math elective and probably wouldn't help with their degree requirements. Fortunately, they can use Sophia to meet their needs.

Thanks so much for your help!
I am taking Sophias Álgebra class right now and taking my time with it since Math Is not my thing and it Is really not bad at all . I would definiitely recommend it!
(04-15-2021, 06:27 PM)renzandjo Wrote: Hi all! I need to take a college algebra class and I struggle so much in math, it is hard for me.  Is anyone familiar with that class at SL or Sophia and which one would you suggest?  Thanks!

StraighterLine is super affordable and not super hard. I didn't take an algebra course at SL, I took statistics and finished it in 2 days, it was 32 modules. Hope this helps!
Hope it is alright to jump into this discussion because my question is math related also.  Working on putting together a BSBA - Marketing degree plan for TESU.  I am stumped at where to put the CSMLearn Quantitative Literacy course...after many, many hours of searching this site, see differing opinions (BUS-210, Math, Statistics, OR Quantitative Literacy).  Can anyone solve this puzzle for me?  2nd Question:  Already took the Sophia Algebra, but can’t tell if Statistics is a required course for the degree?  Thank you to anyone willing to throw a lifeline!  P.S. to OP, I am extremely math- and test-phobic.  I first took the CSMLearn course, then the Sophia Foundations Algebra course, followed by Sophia Algebra.  I loved CSMLearn and highly recommend Sophia.
[-] The following 1 user Likes k-k-k-katy's post:
  • rachel83az
CSMLearn comes in as BUS-210, which will fulfill Quantitative Literacy, but so would College Algebra from Sophia. If you have both, one will go to your Gen Ed Electives. For a BSBA from TESU, you must have statistics in your Mathematics slot.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
Math is not my favorite subject and I have struggled with it. I took College Algebra on Sophia and I actually enjoyed it. I solved every problem in the videos. I watched the videos and took notes because I am not a math person. I completed the course with a grade in the 90's. Still not sure how. Apparently watching videos over and over until I understood the logic behind why a problem was solved that way helped. I did every practice exam also before I completed the Milestones. The exams are open book which helps a lot. Good luck!
(04-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Flelm Wrote: CSMLearn comes in as BUS-210, which will fulfill Quantitative Literacy, but so would College Algebra from Sophia. If you have both, one will go to your Gen Ed Electives. For a BSBA from TESU, you must have statistics in your Mathematics slot.

Thank you!!  Was hoping I didn't have to take statistics but good to know.
(04-29-2021, 01:56 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Flelm Wrote: CSMLearn comes in as BUS-210, which will fulfill Quantitative Literacy, but so would College Algebra from Sophia. If you have both, one will go to your Gen Ed Electives. For a BSBA from TESU, you must have statistics in your Mathematics slot.

Thank you!!  Was hoping I didn't have to take statistics but good to know.

You don't actually have to take statistics. College Algebra will fill the quantitative literacy slot and CSM Lean will fill the other one at TESU.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is it possible to submit a blank page to Sophia histourism 12 424 9 hours ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Offer for StraighterLine Course hsufeng 0 76 Yesterday, 03:59 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 6 882 Yesterday, 03:22 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 118 62,023 Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology lab tdat314 1 112 04-22-2024, 06:31 PM
  Can sophia credit transfer to two different schools? GoBroncos95 11 501 04-18-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 9 7,434 04-17-2024, 06:22 AM
Last Post: mdn
  Does Sophia track what sites you've visited? Chickenfat2024 10 741 04-13-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 993 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Sophia.org while attending UMPI your pace - history major Atwygon 4 257 04-08-2024, 05:06 PM