Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline or Sophia??
edit to erase.

I misread something. Smile
(04-29-2021, 02:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 01:56 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 01:29 PM)Flelm Wrote: CSMLearn comes in as BUS-210, which will fulfill Quantitative Literacy, but so would College Algebra from Sophia. If you have both, one will go to your Gen Ed Electives. For a BSBA from TESU, you must have statistics in your Mathematics slot.

Thank you!!  Was hoping I didn't have to take statistics but good to know.

You don't actually have to take statistics. College Algebra will fill the quantitative literacy slot and CSM Lean will fill the other one at TESU.

Thank you for clarifying re:  statistics, am very grateful for your input!  So, put College Algebra into the "Q.L." slot and CSM Learn into the "Math" slot?  That would be quite a relief to me!  Thank you!
In short: BALS requires a quantitative literacy course that can be any Math listed here
For the BSBA, it requires both the college algebra and statistics courses.
Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/courses/2019-and-after
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-29-2021, 06:50 PM)k-k-k-katy Wrote: Thank you for clarifying re:  statistics, am very grateful for your input!  So, put College Algebra into the "Q.L." slot and CSM Learn into the "Math" slot?  That would be quite a relief to me!  Thank you!

Yep. Here's my evaluation. It's for a BSBA CIS but the gen ed requirements are all the same for the BSBA degrees.

Attached Files
.pdf   TESU BSBA CIS Evaluation 04-29-21.pdf (Size: 511.85 KB / Downloads: 16)
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-29-2021, 08:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In short: BALS requires a quantitative literacy course that can be any Math listed here

yep.  and currently the CSM course can be used for the Statistics, or math, or gen ed.  that is what I misread earlier.
TESU: BALS June 2021 (comm college, clep, sdc sophia coopersmith, SOS110, and capstone)

(04-29-2021, 02:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You don't actually have to take statistics. College Algebra will fill the quantitative literacy slot and CSM Lean will fill the other one at TESU.

I should really stop giving advice. I just keep sticking my foot in my mouth.
In Progress: MBA - HAUniv, Anticipated 2024
Completed: BSBA OpMgmt - TESU June 2021

UG - AP Tests: 20 credits | APICS: 12 Credits | CLEP: 6 credits | Saylor Academy: 6 credits | Sophia.org: 27 credits | Study.com: 12 credits | Davar Academy: 3 credits | TESU: 15 credits | Other College: 99.5 credits
GR - HAUniv: 9 credits
(04-30-2021, 08:02 AM)Flelm Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 02:26 PM)rachel83az Wrote: You don't actually have to take statistics. College Algebra will fill the quantitative literacy slot and CSM Lean will fill the other one at TESU.

Nah, it's all good. IMO, it's better to tell someone that they might need statistics than to tell them that they don't need it and find out during degree audit that they do.

It's hard to keep track of all of the requirements everywhere, too.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-29-2021, 08:45 PM)P226mem Wrote:
(04-29-2021, 08:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: In short: BALS requires a quantitative literacy course that can be any Math listed here

yep.  and currently the CSM course can be used for the Statistics, or math, or gen ed.  that is what I misread earlier.

To each of you, thank you for explaining this step for me, I deeply appreciate it.  There have been a few times in my life when I felt like all the people around me were speaking a different language even though it was in English, and this experience sometimes feels like that.  Very grateful there are "interpreters" here to translate!
(04-30-2021, 08:02 AM)Flelm Wrote:

I wouldn't say you're sticking your foot in your mouth. I didn't attend TESU. I didn't need stats for my bachelor's degree. Turns out I need stats in order to get into the grad program I want. The certificate program I'm in now, we're using stats on a regular basis so I'm super happy I took stats on Sophia. I'd be sooooo lost without it.
I started the Straighterline Business Communications course 5 days ago. I've complete all of the 15 exams included in the course. My plan is to complete the 3 writing assignments this weekend. I need my Strayer transcript updated before the new term begins on 7/5/21. 

I have a few questions for anyone who has completed the course. Please help with any information you can provide.

1. Can you take the final before your writing assignments have been graded?
  2. How long does it take Straighterline to score your writing assignments?
  3. How many multiple choice questions are included in the final? (The final exam is half essay and half multiple choice.)
  4. The Straighterline site states the final exam for this course is closed book. Is that still true? I read comments on another blog that indicated you could use the ebook included with the course.
  5. How long does it take Straighterline to send your score for transcript updates?
I'm only 3 courses away from graduation, so I need to wrap this one up quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Data123's post:
  • tutorsclub

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 393 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Recent Sophia.org Membership Code bjcheung77 101 52,464 03-27-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: awildstudentappeared
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 100 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 385 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 278 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,801 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,873 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,400 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Sophia | US Government bradonomics 3 607 03-01-2024, 09:13 PM