Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline to receive CCAF - AS Logistics Mngt.
Hello,

Has anyone used Straighterline to receive credit towards a CCAF (Community College of the Air Force) degree? I emailed Straighterline, but have not gotten a response? Any assistance you can provide is greatly appreciated.
CCAF for some odd reason is very strict on non traditional credits they accept in (besides CLEP/DSST). I believe there is a thread somewhere where someone tried something similar with ALEKS to no avail. Also, I tried transferring credits from another DoD school (DAU) and CCAF wouldn't accept it (ironic).
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Thanks Prloko! I appreciate the response. Guess I have to take the course at AMU. Sad
Yes, Prloko is correct about the CCAF. I send you a PM. They are extremely strict about general courses and the method listed in my older thread does NOT work any longer. SL is no longer a viable method. I'd suggest taking AMU or a TESC lower level Math course for those credits.
You're welcome. That's what this forum is all about.

Your best bet for your Gen Eds are CLEP/DSSTs as they are free (the first try) for active duty and you can study for them for about a week each. An excellent alternative for Speech as has been mentioned before in this forum is BYU's TMA 150 Public Speaking course through independent study. it's about $470, no textbook is needed, you only need to do voice recordings (no video or audience) and the professor/instructor who admins it is great and she reviews the same or next day. I was able to finish in about two weeks, but you have a year to finish. They also have many more courses if needed with no minimum completion time (but there are required textbooks and proctor exams). After that I would utilize your on-base schools as they are very flexible. Also, look into GEM schools as some of them offer discounts and free textbooks. Someone in this forum also mentioned Kentucky community college module courses. I don't know how TA is done with that, but it seem you can complete courses in a format similar to SL/ALEKS.

ldub72 Wrote:Thanks Prloko! I appreciate the response. Guess I have to take the course at AMU. Sad

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Prloko Wrote:You're welcome. That's what this forum is all about.

Your best bet for your Gen Eds are CLEP/DSSTs as they are free (the first try) for active duty and you can study for them for about a week each. An excellent alternative for Speech as has been mentioned before in this forum is BYU's TMA 150 Public Speaking course through independent study. it's about $470, no textbook is needed, you only need to do voice recordings (no video or audience) and the professor/instructor who admins it is great and she reviews the same or next day. I was able to finish in about two weeks, but you have a year to finish. They also have many more courses if needed with no minimum completion time (but there are required textbooks and proctor exams). After that I would utilize your on-base schools as they are very flexible. Also, look into GEM schools as some of them offer discounts and free textbooks. Someone in this forum also mentioned Kentucky community college module courses. I don't know how TA is done with that, but it seem you can complete courses in a format similar to SL/ALEKS.

Thanks again Prloko!
ldub Wrote:Thanks again Prloko!

ldub, I see that you are working on a dgree in Logistics and Transporation with AMU. Have you looked into TESC? I am in Contracting (partially related to your field) and TESC took my CCAF Contracting credits as 400-level Operations Management credits, and they also accept DAU credits (the ones that are ACE evaluated), but I didn't transfer mine in. You may be a lot closer to a degree with TESC. The BSBA in Operations Management utilizes courses in manufacturing, supply, logistics, purchasing, transportation and you may be almost done. The only thing is they won't accept College Comp/English Comp without the essay. If you like, I'll share with you how TESC took my CCAF credits in transfer, I was pleasantly surprised.

PrLoko-isms

I know this thread is kind of old now, but if anyone else has a school they are curious about you can log into the Air Force Portal > Virtual Education Center > CCAF My Progress Report > click on the degree Title > then scroll down to Civilian Course Conversion Table. There you can pick any school, then any class and see if it is applicable to your CCAF degree. I used this when deciding where to take my last couple classes. I assumed you guys were right, but i looked anyways, I do not see Straighterline listed either.
The AF makes it very easy to go to school. To complete your CCAF, I would definitely recommend the GEM program if you are not good at CLEP/DSSTs.

PrLoko-isms

Prloko Wrote:ldub, I see that you are working on a dgree in Logistics and Transporation with AMU. Have you looked into TESC? I am in Contracting (partially related to your field) and TESC took my CCAF Contracting credits as 400-level Operations Management credits, and they also accept DAU credits (the ones that are ACE evaluated), but I didn't transfer mine in. You may be a lot closer to a degree with TESC. The BSBA in Operations Management utilizes courses in manufacturing, supply, logistics, purchasing, transportation and you may be almost done. The only thing is they won't accept College Comp/English Comp without the essay. If you like, I'll share with you how TESC took my CCAF credits in transfer, I was pleasantly surprised.

Hello Prloko,

Not sure if you are still on here, but if so, can you still share with me how TESC took your CCAF credits in transfer?? I am considering TUI for logistics, but I forgot about your thread. Please let me know. Also my personal email is ldub4455@yahoo.com. Thanks!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best options to finish my CCAF bthompson1638 8 10,132 08-04-2020, 10:36 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Straighterline 15 credits rayantanas 2 1,849 09-07-2019, 09:13 AM
Last Post: natshar
  CCAF is Ridiculous Sagan 3 3,096 03-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Sagan
  Another CCAF thread about alternative credits Tracker 9 4,798 02-19-2018, 05:31 PM
Last Post: retire2018
  HELP! Need CCAF in 19weeks blakedrinnen 4 2,793 02-19-2018, 08:30 AM
  Airforce ccaf - study.com retire2018 12 9,144 02-18-2018, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Sagan
  Picking college for IT after finishing CCAF riderofdirt 5 4,750 06-26-2017, 08:26 PM
  Suggested Cleps to Finish my CCAF. Nerdymcnerdface 2 4,192 09-22-2016, 09:10 AM
Last Post: Prloko
  Finished CCAF jethomasjr 9 3,713 09-13-2016, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jethomasjr
  CCAF vs JST rockbust 6 3,241 08-01-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: dcan