Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straightliner Biology Lab?
TinHead Wrote:Best way to study for this course?

TinHead, I will be taking this course in March. Looks like I will have to buy the kit. When will you be taking it?
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

2018 WGU BA Mathematics Education (5-9 licensure)

Current Work: VIPKID ESL Teacher and Substitute Teacher

teacher2 Wrote:TinHead, I will be taking this course in March. Looks like I will have to buy the kit. When will you be taking it?

I've already paid for it and I plan to take it mid-March. The kit from eScience labs has yet to arrive, and I believe I ordered in 13 days ago. Might want to order it asap so you don't have to wait too long
Completed BSc in Business Administration (COSC) May 31st, 2017

(Study.com) Psychology 101 / Psychology 102 / US History 1 / Principles of Management / Western Civilization II / Environmental Science 101 / Psychology 103 / US History 2 / Geology 101 / Earth Science / Psychology 107 / Political Science 102 / Sociology 101 / Principles of Marketing / Financial Accounting / Managerial Accounting / Principles of Finance
(Saylor) Business Law and Ethics
(DSST) Vietnam War / World Religions / Business Ethics and Society / Technical Writing / Management Information Systems
(CLEP) Microeconomics / Macroeconomics / English Literature / American Literature / College Composition
(UExcel) Human Resource Management / Research Methods in Psychology / World Population / Labor Relations / Psychology of Adulthood & Aging / Social Psychology / BioEthics / Organizational Behavior
(COSC) Conerstone / Capstone
(Straighterline) Intro to Communications / Biology Lab / Business Statistics
teacher2 Wrote:I have to take this lab as well. I have searched other threads and have compiled this list for the lab supplies.

clear jello,
red and white beads,
vinegar,
baking soda,
some aqua plant seeds,
beakers
and some random safety equipment
graph paper and markers
sodium bicarb (baking soda)
phenol red solution (available pool supplies.
beakers with a stand,
3 petrie dishes,
radish seeds
baking soda solution,
and ph measuring sticks

Am I missing anything? I have taken CLEP Biology already, but do I need to purchase a book in accompaniment to this course? I have found in the other courses I have taken through SL that the quizzes were extremely textbook specific.

Did you ever find the answers to this post? I am curious if you can purchase the lab supplies without going with the kit.
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

No one got back with me on it so I had to buy the kit. I will try to post a list later. However they make you submit a picture of the access code with your name written beside it which is located inside the kit box. I wrote in pencil so I could erase it and possibly resell the kit. Also you must submit pictures of the kit supplies with their numbers in each lab. I will be starting and hopefully finishing up my lab within the next two weeks. After which I will probably sell it on here.
CLEP:College Comp. w/essay, A & I Lit. w/essay, College Algebra, US History 1 & 2, Biology, Human Growth & Development   DSST: Foundations of Edu.  TEEX: Cyber Security 101 & 301 Sophia: Developing Effective Teams The Institutes: Ethics & CPCU Prof. Code.

Straighterline: Intro to Religion, Intro to Com., Western Civ. 1& 2, American Gov, PreCalculus, Intro to Bio Lab

Study.com: Personal Finance, Edu. Psychology, Classroom Management, Special Edu. History & Law, Geology, Civil War & Reconstruction, History of the Vietnam War

Here is the list of supplies for information purposes. But you have to have the access code to open the course as well as list it in your labs. Don't be too disappointed as it is not worth its weight. But If you have to take the class you have to take the class.

Also note: I did not have enough Phosphate Buffer in my kit which you use in the fourth lab.

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">lab.jpg (Size: 94.49 KB / Downloads: 17)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">lab1.jpg (Size: 92.61 KB / Downloads: 14)

Thanks Teacher2. That is what I needed to know. Guess my sister will have to locate an online lab class.
Completed: 
TESU BA Social Sciences, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited)
WGU MBA in Healthcare Management (ACBSP Accredited)
In Progress: Creighton University PharmD

Bump this to say I have 2 sons that just started SL Bio lab this week.
(09-09-2018, 09:35 AM)cookderosa Wrote: Bump this to say I have 2 sons that just started SL Bio lab this week.

My kids finished bio (class with no lab) and were hoping to do the lab together this week (purchased a few months ago). We haven't unlocked the lab yet. Do you think they would refund the lab? Do you recommend another online class option for this lab? I ask because I've read a few comments from you on your sons dropping the lab. Why was the lab difficult? What do you recommend? Thanks in advance.
BA, Religion, AMU, 2019, Summa Cum Laude & Class Speaker
AA, General Ed., AMU, 2016

RA: Northern Virginia CC; St. Leo Univ.

Alt Credit:
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone; Cyber Security for IT Professionals
SL: Intro. to Religion (the class 1 transferred to AMU-wish I had known sooner)

Angel 
Unlisted USArmy and Fed govt prof credentials

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biology + Lab elenlushk 9 2,242 09-11-2023, 10:28 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia Human Biology Lab & Spanish I klone 7 1,894 06-06-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Sophia - Human Biology ashkir 12 3,981 04-23-2023, 11:47 AM
Last Post: gator1873
  Study.com question - Biology 101L: Intro to Biology with Lab Mr T 6 1,472 12-31-2022, 05:27 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Biology with Lab Digertwo 2 3,883 02-02-2022, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Digertwo
  SDC Biology Final Cole22 8 1,375 12-05-2021, 11:50 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  SDC Biology with Lab k-k-k-katy 7 1,233 08-22-2021, 01:04 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which Biology with lab should I take? ftlmom 8 1,029 08-11-2021, 11:21 AM
Last Post: ftlmom
  Sophia Human Biology Final Exam elledee2020 6 2,768 03-15-2021, 11:03 PM
Last Post: mcorye91
  SL Biology 101 final -- what's permitted? a2jc4life 3 1,029 01-29-2021, 12:22 PM
Last Post: rachel83az