Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strategic Management TECEP
lavagirl Wrote:1.Go to MyEdison. You will see "My college courses" and lower "MoodleRooms"

2. In Moodlerooms click on TECEP name.

3. When the window opens, look at a top. There are lots of icons on the top. The last one looks like notebook with an A on it. Click on this icon.

4. When it opens, click on "User's report"

( I just did it and it works).

Um. Still doesn't work for me. This is how it looks like on MyEdison. When I click "Expand All" under MoodleRooms, nothing happens.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1466[/ATTACH]

If I click on "TECEP" in the above screen it will direct me to the screen below.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1467[/ATTACH]

Is that what happens on your side, too?

Attached Files
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">A.jpg (Size: 23.34 KB / Downloads: 0)
.jpg   Less than 1 minute ago">B.jpg (Size: 22.19 KB / Downloads: 0)
I see that on your screenshot highlighted TECEPS. Try to click on MoodleRooms. In MoodleRooms your TECEP will be listed too. Click on TECEP link inside the MoodleRooms. And then proceed with steps 3 and 4. ( Few weeks ago I got the message from TESC that they made some changes and TECEPs are now in MoodleRooms. )
lavagirl Wrote:I see that on your screenshot highlighted TECEPS. Try to click on MoodleRooms. In MoodleRooms your TECEP will be listed too. Click on TECEP link inside the MoodleRooms. And then proceed with steps 3 and 4. ( Few weeks ago I got the message from TESC that they made some changes and TECEPs are now in MoodleRooms. )

Might be a phased rollout then; I have two distinct links between Moodlerooms and TECEPs, and only my actual online classes are listed in Moodlerooms despite my 8 TECEPs so far. I can't click Moodlerooms either other than to switch from the TECEP tab (the TECEP tab opening a new link to find your exam in, which is where I kept ending up in earlier).

Not a big deal for me either way; I just wanted to see if I at least scored 70% though, considering the way the TECEPs are being introduced/refreshed as of late. Thanks again.

Probably also helps that I signed up for my November TECEP a while back; I wonder if that might have affected it.
In my MoodleRooms are listed both : the courses and TECEPs. I signed up for two February TECEPs ( and already passed them). Sorry, it didn't help you.

P.S I just went and tried to click on TECEP button ( that one that is to the right of Moodlerooms) It is written that it is available only for TECEPs for January 2014 and beyond and Nursing Leadership test and nothing is listed there for me.)
Yeah, I'm getting the same thing as OfficerA. Might be the term difference - registered mine under the Oct 2014 term. I wonder if only those with TECEPs registered this year would have immediate access to their scores. Thanks anyway, lavagirl!
Hello, does anyone have study material for this tecep. This and business in society are my last two classes but i am nervous about this one because I am not the best test taker and many people said it was very difficult.

Thanks
I just finished this test this morning. Very confident in how I did on the multiple choice. Moderate on how I did on the essays/short answers. Passing score is only 60 so as long as I have most of the MC correct, partial credit on the essays will work.

The best study material is the Crafting and Executing Strategy book listed on the syllabus for the test. Test questions are right from the book. It's not so much that the test is difficult but they are choosing specific information for the essays that is a small part of 12 chapters chock full of information. I love strategy so this was an easy read for me but retaining the exact info as organized in specific lists to answer the questions was challenging.

IC flashcards are good to refresh knowledge while on the go for this test but they don't give info in the list format the TECEPs use - the book does that. I do not recommend a cram and take strategy for the Strategic Management exam (ha! I kill me). My study plan was 2 weeks: 1 week to intensively go through each of the 12 chapters, week 2 was a review of each chapter for 6 days and a quick review the night before the test. The morning of the exam I read over the financial formula chart one last time - there was one multiple choice question on one of the EASY formulas.

Some topics to know:
Corporate Culture
Diversification
International Competing
Strategic Groups

This is NOT everything on the test, just some things I can remember off the top of my head.

Relax, good luck. Go in thinking you will pass. Success is more than 50% mental.
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Whoo hoo! I passed. Last November when I enrolled I never thought seeing the letters C and R together would be such a big deal
-Dina
DBA - researching options currently (if you have any wisdom to share, please do!)
MBA - Management & Strategy, WGU, July 2016
BSBA - Operations Management, TESU, Sept. 2015
AAS - Dietetic Technology, Middlesex County College, May 1999
Why not just complete the course at Saylor and then use the completion certificate to earn credit at TESC through PLA? They already have this routine setup with their ASBA Open Course program.
ndnbboy Wrote:Why not just complete the course at Saylor and then use the completion certificate to earn credit at TESC through PLA? They already have this routine setup with their ASBA Open Course program.

Is that true? Does the Saylor course need to be proctored? Will they only accept towards the associates or will they also accept it towards the BSBA?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,797 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,027 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,193 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,841 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,510 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,810 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,745 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,264 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,925 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito
  TECEP to meet residency requirement Dowew 2 1,555 06-12-2018, 01:14 AM
Last Post: Dowew