Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strategic management tecep under review!
Toastmaster, you should ask about Study.com affiliate pricing for TESU. It waives the Cornerstone requirement and other nice things.
http://www.degreeforum.net/saylor-org-st...y-com.html
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
Thanks for letting us know about this, I've just signed up for Strategic Management TECEP. I really didn't want to take that one for a few months but I guess I'll have to prioritise it.

Does anyone know if the Saylor Strategic Management course closely matches the TECEP?
Achieved
BSBA - GM: TESU
BSc(Hons) Politics: University of Plymouth
GradCert in Computing: London Metropolitan University
Prince2 Certified
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt

In Progress
Certificate in Technology Leadership: Cornell University (free through employer)

Planned
Master of Business Administration: ENEB Isabel I 
Master in Public Administration: Marconi University
Certificate in Accounting: Cornell University (freebie)
Certificate in Corporate Sustainability: Cornell University (freebie)
Part of email exchange I had with Kerry.

Me
: When you said "You will still be allowed to register for BUS-421. The review does not impact that at all." are you referring to the TECEP exam. Because my concern is if I fail the first Tecep will I be able to register again for the SM TECEP and take another shot at the exam.

Repose
"Yes. This entire conversation has been only about the TECEP."
Thanks to the OP for posting this. I signed up earlier this morning.

Perhaps I missed it, but I looked for the TECEP pdf file for Strategic Mgt on their website, and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what book is recommended for this TECEP?
2017...Finished Bachelor's General Management at TESU. 
Jody7818 Wrote:Perhaps I missed it, but I looked for the TECEP pdf file for Strategic Mgt on their website, and I couldn't find it. Does anyone know what book is recommended for this TECEP?

OP posted this:
Quote:BUS-421-TE (Strategic Management) is currently under review. As a result, the test description has temporarily been removed from our website. This will not affect your ability to complete the exam.

A copy of the test description has been attached for your convenience. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Test Administration at testing@tesu.edu.

Could you perhaps post or PM the test description? I also wanted to confirm that we have up to 12 weeks to complete this tecep once registering for it, correct?
BSBA Accounting at TESU - 121/121
Graduated June 2018!
How long do I have to pay for the TECEP I just registered for the March Term, but don't have the money till Wednesday. I may just borrow the 114 for now if I have too.

Also does anyone know when they will let us know what's going on? If we will be taking the same version if we are registered to take during March Term or if there will be a new version for us. I plan on preparing for this Exam after my current BM school midterms. I'll probably start the full spring break week I have no other school stuff going on. This really destroyed my plan, I was going to take my 4 SL courses in April but I will prob be taking this in April.

Would 2-3 weeks of hard studying be enough to get that 60? Only asking if its possible I heard people on here saying they studying XX amount but didn't really specify if it was 1 hour a day or 6 hours a day for 1,2,3 months. Ill prob be able to study for this From the 2nd week in march for the next few weeks and then If I feel ready I'd like to take it. Hopefully it remains a 60% to pass.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
If you don't pay within a day or so, you will be automatically dropped.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:If you don't pay within a day or so, you will be automatically dropped.

Thanks I will be paying tonight after work. Still a bit worried that its going to be a completely revised test and the notes I got from bricabrac might be useless or at the least less effective. A lot of people said those notes were great for the multiple choice questions.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Ok so I just got off the phone with someone who deals with PLA's. He told me about testing out options. I mentioned that I am fully aware of the CLEP's and TECEP's.... and that I had just enrolled and will be taking the Strategic Management TECEP. He said that it's a good thing that I registered because they will be phasing it out[B][/B]. We got back on the subject of why I initially called. I totally forgot to inquire more about the Strategic Management change. So I emailed him...

Me: Since the Strategic Management TECEP is being phased out, will the actual course be the only business capstone option offered by TESU going forward?

Him: The name of BUS-421 will change to Business Capstone. If you pass the exam you won’t need the course – you’ll have that credit already!

That's the only info I was about to get from him. There were still 32 slots open out of 50 when I registered for the exam yesterday.
Hi folks, forgive my newbish questions (especially since I am at work and worried lol)

If I register and pay for the TECEP tonight....

This means I have up to 3 months to complete the exam? And I can take it anytime I feel ready? (Like how Study.com operates)

If registered and paid for tonight....does that lock me in to the current version of the exam? If not, does anyone know how long the current version will exist? (I don't think TESU announced any exact update time frame....but I figure I'd just ask)
Community College: College Success Skills | Gen. Psychology | Span 1 | Eng. 101 | Accounting 1 | Accounting 2 | Comp Skills

Study.com Scholarship: Per. Finance | Prin. of Marketing | Digi. Mark. & Advertising | HR Manage. | Prin. of Finance

The Institutes: Ethics

Sophia: Proj. Management

Straighterline:​ Survey of World History | Principles of Management | MacroEco. | MicroEco. | American Gov | US History 1 | US History 2 | Western Civ 1 | Western Civ 2 | Business Law | Intro to Religion | Cultural Anthropology | Intro to Environ. Science | Intro to Soc

ALEKS: Inter. Algebra | College Algebra | Intro to Stats

TEEX: Cyber 101 | Cyber 201 | Cyber 301

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study

Certified: Six Sigma Yellow Belt [8 PDU]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  booking tecep exams shendaddy 4 1,797 08-16-2018, 05:29 PM
Last Post: Kelly Green
  TECEP - do I have to wait until the start of a Term to take the exam? Kelly Green 4 2,028 08-16-2018, 09:04 AM
  TESU - apply as non-matriculating student, or TECEP only? Kelly Green 0 1,193 08-13-2018, 05:11 PM
  TECEP - Learning in the Digital Age - where does it fit? dfrecore 5 1,841 08-10-2018, 01:02 AM
Last Post: MNomadic
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,511 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Environmental Ethics ETH-210-TE Tecep jawbreakingrr 57 17,817 07-25-2018, 12:31 PM
Last Post: ashtonnewman
  Suggested TECEP's? High Pass Rate? omuneek 2 1,745 06-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  TESU - BSBA in Marketing - Plan Review chattenoire 2 1,263 06-22-2018, 01:59 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Failed Advertising TECEP nerd 12 3,264 06-18-2018, 04:01 PM
Last Post: nerd
  Error after submitting TECEP test nerd 4 1,925 06-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Last Post: Cheeseburrito