Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strayer University - RA credit source
Inspired by the free term that Strayer is offering + the knowledge of Strayer challenge exams, I decided to do some calculations. If Strayer forces you to actually pay for one of their courses in order to be considered a student, doing this is worth serious consideration especially if any of the challenge exams that would apply to your degree are worth UL credits.

For instance, there are 6 challenge exams that can apply to a computer science degree. One of those is upper-level. Assuming you pass all the exams (you get ONE shot), 6 exams + 1 course = 21 semester credits for $1600. Take one TEL Learning course and you've got your 24 RA credits. Finish off your degree with Sophia and SDC.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Then transfer to tesu for computer science ? Cause don’t you have to be Accepted and enrolled in a degree program at strayer to Get the winter term. Am I correct ?

CAuse strayer doesn’t offer a computer science degree that in aware of. They offer information technology which is great if that’s what you going for.
That would be the idea, yes. I wrote up a page on the wiki about how it should work, in theory: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/St...University

Admittedly, there is guesswork involved. None of this is guaranteed. We know that there are challenge exams for $20 and courses at Strayer cost $1480 each. It's the rest that may or may not work.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Have you read this link ?

Looks like it may definitely be a challenge.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTBN...sp=sharing
(12-19-2020, 08:55 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Have you read this link ?

Looks like it may definitely be a challenge.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTBN...sp=sharing

Bad link, doesn't lead anywhere.

I'm definitely not saying that this would be easy. But, with the apparent loss of Linear Algebra as a viable UL course option, this could be a potential way to go.

Also possibly a good option for the handful of people who show up here with knowledge of business/finance and just need a degree to show it. Lots of business challenge exams.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Absolutely. I understand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTBN...obilebasic
(12-19-2020, 09:38 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Absolutely. I understand.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QTBN...obilebasic

Ah! Yes. That one. I did take that possibility into account when creating the plan and considering the math. A course at Strayer is 11 weeks and that is plenty of time to take 6 challenge exams as long as you've prepared ahead of time for this. It's not going to work for everyone, but it's a good possibility for students who can make it work for them.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Yes. I hope to hear from someone who Nailed it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of the People Experiences ashkir 61 10,161 04-08-2024, 04:18 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,442 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Lifestyle Prescriptions University ADC2305 2 320 03-18-2024, 10:35 PM
Last Post: ADC2305
  University of Wisconsin - Flexible Program (BSBA Degree) KanekiGirl99 2 392 03-16-2024, 02:45 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of Wisconsin has a self-paced, competency-based program MikeHez 28 5,953 02-25-2024, 01:54 PM
Last Post: ItsNeverTheLionsYear
  University of the People - Fee Price Hike bjcheung77 21 3,616 02-01-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Colorado State University GLOBAL? GoBroncos95 3 740 01-30-2024, 09:26 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  University of AZ: Are these 10-wk Business Analytics Cert Courses Worth the $? Claudia P 3 422 01-18-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Liberty University indigoshuffle 8 870 01-16-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Texas A&M University-Commerce competency based degree goldendoodle101 61 15,501 12-14-2023, 05:06 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77