Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strictness of 100-credit policy at TESU?
I've been working on my remaining courses to meet the 100-credit policy to sign up for the Capstone (I'll be signing up during the late registration window). 98 credits have been received by TESU, and should be added to my Academic Evaluation this week. However, the final 3 credits (from Sophia) probably won't be transferred and evaluated on time.

If I can't sign up for the Capstone, it'll postpone my graduation date by 3 months, and will mean I won't be able to start working at the job I applied for. 
(I know I should have pushed myself even harder, but I've been working and studying 10-15 hours a day, 7 days a week for the past 3 months.)

How strict is TESU for their new 100-credit policy? I've completed all the 100 credits, it's just that one last course hasn't been formally evaluated.
I think there are some stories of members who have been able to get their evaluation expedited to allow them to register for the capstone. Maybe try emailing advising about your scenario?
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
If you are so close, you can definitely call up academic advising, and request for your evaluation to be expedited. They will cooperate. But if you cannot get the Sophia credits in, then they might try and talk you into taking the next Capstone. May be you can request them very earnestly.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(07-27-2019, 02:57 AM)pws Wrote: However, the final 3 credits (from Sophia) probably won't be transferred and evaluated on time.

May I ask why? Sophia.org courses don't usually take too long, can knock it out this weekend, if at all possible?
BALS (Social Sciences) + ASNSM in CS - Sept 2022 TESU graduate
(07-27-2019, 10:47 AM)CarpeDiem8 Wrote:
(07-27-2019, 02:57 AM)pws Wrote: However, the final 3 credits (from Sophia) probably won't be transferred and evaluated on time.

May I ask why? Sophia.org courses don't usually take too long, can knock it out this weekend, if at all possible?

I think pws is mostly concerned with the time it takes for TESU to receive the transcript and evaluate it, rather than actually completing the course. If he/she hasn't already completed it, then this is probably a lost cause.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • CarpeDiem8
pws, I would just recommend trucking onward and getting the rest of your needed credits done. You can ask/email advising to get in for August. If you don't make the August cutoff, I have had many people register for the next one Sept and still graduate in time as the Capstone is their last course. You just need to inform advising/auditing team beforehand. The Sept class ends in late Nov, just in time for the final week of auditing!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-27-2019, 11:23 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: pws, I would just recommend trucking onward and getting the rest of your needed credits done.  You can ask/email advising to get in for August.  If you don't make the August cutoff, I have had many people register for the next one Sept and still graduate in time as the Capstone is their last course.  You just need to inform advising/auditing team beforehand.  The Sept class ends in late Nov, just in time for the final week of auditing!

Oh, hadn't thought of that. The September Capstone is from Sept. 2-Nov. 24, and the audits for the December graduation start in October. It would be possible for my Capstone course/paper to be graded during the final week of November? Or is it that the Capstone grade could come in during the first week of the next month? 
(07-27-2019, 10:35 PM)pws Wrote: Oh, hadn't thought of that. The September Capstone is from Sept. 2-Nov. 24, and the audits for the December graduation start in October. It would be possible for my Capstone course/paper to be graded during the final week of November? Or is it that the Capstone grade could come in during the first week of the next month? 

If you find yourself in that predicament, there's no harm in trying. People have done it before. However, it's not something to rely on.  You really want to get into the August capstone if at all possible.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(07-27-2019, 02:57 AM)pws Wrote: I've been working on my remaining courses to meet the 100-credit policy to sign up for the Capstone (I'll be signing up during the late registration window). 98 credits have been received by TESU, and should be added to my Academic Evaluation this week. However, the final 3 credits (from Sophia) probably won't be transferred and evaluated on time.

If I can't sign up for the Capstone, it'll postpone my graduation date by 3 months, and will mean I won't be able to start working at the job I applied for. 
(I know I should have pushed myself even harder, but I've been working and studying 10-15 hours a day, 7 days a week for the past 3 months.)

How strict is TESU for their new 100-credit policy? I've completed all the 100 credits, it's just that one last course hasn't been formally evaluated.

I was in the same situation- with 'just' meeting/missing the 100 credits and asked my advisor if I could still get it. An hour later she had my transcripts evaluated and updated so I could register. I would at least ask. Good luck!
“Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy, therefore I'm not crazy, isn't that crazy?” 

― Captain Jack Sparrow
My Next Goal: Pondering Masters Program ??
Completed:  145+ Credits. Joined this forum October 2017 w/ 6 B&M Credits. Earned 117cr in 10 mo.! Graduated Sept 2019 TESU BSBA GM & ASNSM-CS
*SL 54 Cr *Shmoop 30 Cr +/- *Aleks 6 *Study.com 30+*TEEX 11 *CPCU 2 *B&M 6 
In Process:  Pondering  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes scout2family's post:
  • davewill

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,803 Yesterday, 10:02 AM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 240 Yesterday, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 212 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 254 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Credit Transfer Confusion legenwait4itdary 30 2,500 03-01-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: legenwait4itdary
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 251 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,069 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 361 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Transfer to TESU Questions homeschoolmom1 14 680 02-20-2024, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Remaining Classes for TESU Degree faptaincrunch 7 533 02-20-2024, 08:19 AM