Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stuck - Need TESU plan help
@DezSez, I was just curious how it went with you from the previous post? Are you going for the second degree or the MBA as I recommended in the previous thread?

@SamCes, Samuel! LOL, haha, It's alright, things happen... You're on the 2018 catalog, when you use the What If, the requirements are almost identical, skip where it says the "cornerstone" as you have a waiver (you did the TES-100), the rest of the 2019A/2020 catalog requirements are the same as the 2018. Anyways, here are my recommendations - continue to use your template as you have it.

If you need example courses or a template, you can view this post I did yesterday and also review my spreadsheet. This individual is also on the 2018 catalog year, but they're going for a General Management option instead: Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ESU-degree

Now the CIS AOS you have is great as I mentioned in my previous post. However, you just need 4 UL and not 5 listed in your template, if you want it easier - you can opt to change one of the courses to Study.com 105 - Operating Systems and use Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising as well. It may be easier for you, that is because you have System Design & Analysis written twice.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(02-14-2020, 02:44 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @DezSez, I was just curious how it went with you from the previous post? Are you going for the second degree or the MBA as I recommended in the previous thread?

@SamCes, Samuel!  LOL, haha, It's alright, things happen... You're on the 2018 catalog, when you use the What If, the requirements are almost identical, skip where it says the "cornerstone" as you have a waiver (you did the TES-100), the rest of the 2019A/2020 catalog requirements are the same as the 2018.  Anyways, here are my recommendations - continue to use your template as you have it.

If you need example courses or a template, you can view this post I did yesterday and also review my spreadsheet.  This individual is also on the 2018 catalog year, but they're going for a General Management option instead:  Link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ESU-degree

Now the CIS AOS you have is great as I mentioned in my previous post.  However,  you just need 4 UL and not 5 listed in your template, if you want it easier - you can opt to change one of the courses to Study.com 105 - Operating Systems and use Study.com Digital Marketing & Advertising as well.  It may be easier for you, that is because you have System Design & Analysis written twice.

@DezCez - is on hold, she's exploring a work around that would allow her to go for the MBA

@SamCez (me) - bjcheung77 Thanks for the feedback!  Is this what you're suggesting? https://www.screencast.com/t/xoveCRl5jPvu  You were right about the cornerstone - I resubmitted and all is good.
Samuel, you caught me on at the same time! Yes and No. I am suggesting that option to you, but it seems you've selected the easier one to replace. I would get rid of the Computer Architecture course instead, it's harder than the Database Management. But, if you really want to get into CIS, I would just complete the course and not do the final or assignment for that course. If you want the extra credit/knowledge, then do both.
Done: TESU ASNSM Biology, ASBA/BSBA (ACBSP Accredited in 2017)
Business & IT Certs: Cisco, CompTIA, 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL, MTA, etc
Coursera Google IT Certs & Udacity Nanodegrees

Working on: TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Deferred: **Deciding on several Masters/PHD programs**

2019 BALS and BSBA Spreadsheet using mainly SL/Study.com (post#28,31)
The Basic Approach | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Review: Beginners Guide sticky for info on TESU BALS/BSBA in 4 months (post #16)
~Note: Read Wiki guide links for TESU equivalency - CLEP/DSST/SL/Study.com, etc
(02-17-2020, 01:38 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Samuel, you caught me on at the same time!  Yes and No.  I am suggesting that option to you, but it seems you've selected the easier one to replace.  I would get rid of the Computer Architecture course instead, it's harder than the Database Management.  But, if you really want to get into CIS, I would just complete the course and not do the final or assignment for that course.  If you want the extra credit/knowledge, then do both.

I already responded to this earlier but I'll do it again since we seem to be going around in circles on this. 

Computer Architecture is NOT CIS and won't go anywhere in your AOS for BSBA CIS

quote:
"No, Computer Architecture, is not an approved option for the CIS area of study.

Patricia C. Certo, MBA
Senior Academic Program Advisor
Thomas Edison State University"

Before you start doing any AOS courses, you really should be emailing the advising staff to approve all your courses before you begin.  Don't start assuming where things will go. 
Course Experience:
Modernstates.org/CLEP, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org,  Sophia.org, Csmlearn.com and Theinstitutes.org

Degree Plan:
Bachelors of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
Bachelors of Arts in Computer Science

90+ credits earned with expected graduation in 2020. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help/Guidance with degree plan in Data Analytics/Data Mgmt. beautifulpsalms 8 563 03-21-2020, 12:03 AM
Last Post: xicovu
  BS IT Management WGU degree plan/copy of transfer guidelines? Jwheels27 8 437 03-05-2020, 06:34 AM
Last Post: terryd5150
  NEW USER WGU DEGREE PLAN melissarenee 4 571 12-09-2019, 06:57 PM
Last Post: akr680
  NA to RA Degree Plan Assistance McManus 6 529 11-27-2019, 07:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with degree plan mlowry7 2 324 10-26-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  Please help me develop a degree plan NeverDone 6 492 10-26-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: allvia
  Computer Science Degree Plan oneyearcs 15 1,497 10-26-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: Pelican
  Please review my WGU BS-IT Management Degree Plan AwardTour 15 820 10-14-2019, 04:59 PM
Last Post: AwardTour
  BALS/BSLS Plan Help for a Newbie? HMohamed12 9 629 09-11-2019, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Tlm
  Fast BACS pre-plan degree or guidance help haxhaxhax 15 905 09-05-2019, 02:42 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77