Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Student at formerly Patten University- now John F. Kennedy University
Hello everyone! I haven't posted in here in a while but I've maintained my lurker status for years now. I once posted under an old username some years ago that I had enrolled in Patten University. Unfortunately, due to financial reasons, I had to stop my attendance until the most recent few months. Patten University allows you to work through as many courses as you can as fast as you can but they did change the rules making it so that you had to take your courses in a certain order. At any rate, Patten University is now John F. Kennedy University. The previous platform has been shifted over to the new school, but any current (and maybe recently enrolling) students who went to Patten qualify for the Patten Legacy Scholarship and old tuition rate so long as they pay monthly and don't drop out. If anyone drops out, they would have to pay regular university fees, which are much more expensive, to re-enroll. The courses and layout are the same pre-acquisition for those who are curious. I am now re-enrolled and attempting to finish my degree as quickly as possible. This is my third attempt. I guess I just can't give up. I'll let everyone know how it goes. 

I just wanted to share for anyone who may be curious.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013
What degree are you pursing?

i wrapped up 27 credits toward my Psych degree there before transferring over to TESU. I was very thankful for the speed at which i was able to complete my credits and felt i learned a ton of very useful things and loved their learning platform, but I was extremely frustrated by their exam setup and how far off and completely unrelated the exam questions were it was to the actual learning material.

What has been your experience with your program? From what I've seen the more established business curriculum that they brought over from New Charter University (before they sold that off) was much better and my experience might have been due to their psych program being completely new at the time I was going through it (2015).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(10-02-2018, 10:33 PM)jsd Wrote: What degree are you pursing?

i wrapped up 27 credits toward my Psych degree there before transferring over to TESU. I was very thankful for the speed at which i was able to complete my credits and felt i learned a ton of very useful things and loved their learning platform, but I was extremely frustrated by their exam setup and how far off and completely unrelated the exam questions were it was to the actual learning material.

What has been your experience with your program? From what I've seen the more established business curriculum that they brought over from New Charter University (before they sold that off) was much better and my experience might have been due to their psych program being completely new at the time I was going through it (2015).

I am re-attempting their MBA. I had originally posted (under another screenname for an account long forgotten) when I first enrolled a long time ago. Basically I enrolled in 2012, finished three classes, had to drop out, tried again in 2017, had to drop out, and trying again now. When I first enrolled, you could submit assignments for any of the 12 courses and take unlimited courses at one time. That's no longer possible. Now you can take only one at a time in order, still as fast as you want, but you can't skip around.
Harvard Extension School- HESA President- 2024
O.P. Jindal Global University- MA in International Relations, Security, and Strategy- In Prog.
Harvard Uni-Ext. School- ALM in English- In Prog., Cert. in American Lit. and Culture- May 2024
Harvard Uni- Kennedy School of Gov.- PLC- Public Leadership Credential- 01/2023
Bottega Uni- MBA-Feb. 2022
Kennesaw State Uni- BA English-Dec. 2021
Charter Oak State College- BS/AS Psychology- 2013

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thomas Edison State University Transferring EdwardLong 13 1,693 09-29-2023, 12:50 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Linked University Questions for Sophia jdubley 8 1,259 09-28-2023, 10:21 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Transfer Credit to MBA (University of People) Lekhasri 13 2,772 12-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Cofffeee
  Can I be a bad student on study.com? qiaoyiren 19 2,041 03-03-2021, 12:47 AM
Last Post: qiaoyiren
  Examity student profiles not secure. Seagull 11 1,490 03-02-2021, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Seagull
  sophia.org student loans irs education credit harrit 9 3,416 01-22-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Florida International University accepts Striaghterline credits! nomaduser 1 980 10-06-2020, 03:59 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Columbia Southern University and StraighterLine - Saving on my degree Bpreli 6 2,303 04-22-2020, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Liberty University's Future Course Request Form hannah-joy 1 831 12-21-2019, 04:57 AM
Last Post: terryd5150
  Grand Canyon University (GCU) help? Cheeseburrito 2 1,985 10-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Last Post: suzycupcake