Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.Com Pretests
I’ve noticed posts mentioning Study.com has pretests. If you perform well on them, how does this help the process? Is it less questions and videos?
MTAW Certified Municipal Treasurer - Wisconsin 
IAAP Certified Administrative Professional
Administrative Professional Associate Degree - Madison College

Next up: Bachelor's Degree 

if you mean placement tests, then yes, it fills in parts of the courses for you and you dont have to take those parts

unfortunately they aren't available for all courses but for the ones that you can do them for, they save a ton of time, assuming you know the material. if you only sort of know it, then tbh they don't save that much time at all because the correct answers sort of chain together to clear sections of the course, so a right answer here or there won't help much.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

I believe the chapter tests and practice final exams will also clear related quiz questions, so even if the particular course doesn't have a placement test, you can sometimes use those as alternate means to get the same end result.

Either way, I always recommend that folks take the chapter tests after they complete lessons. Not only does it help reinforce what you learned in those chapters, but it is also a great way to prep for the final exam. The practice final exam pulls its questions from the chapter exams so to me, taking all the chapter exams is like an extended practice exam. However, you can also take the practice final exam if you like.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 2 users Like Merlin's post:
  • AMRH94, vpassenheim
I always wondered this, and maybe someone knows the definitive answer.

I remember completing 100% of the chapter quizzes and scoring 100% on all of them. Yet in the score box is said you scored 92/100 and because of this need 59% to pass the final.

If I scored 100% on all of the chapter quizzes, then how did I get a 92/100?

Only thing I can think of is I did a few pre-tests and did not score 100%, was I graded down for not bringing those up to 100%?

I'm done with study.com, but it is something I was curious about.

(01-11-2019, 04:58 PM)kodiak61 Wrote: I always wondered this, and maybe someone knows the definitive answer.

I remember completing 100% of the chapter quizzes and scoring 100% on all of them. Yet in the score box is said you scored 92/100 and because of this need 59% to pass the final.

If I scored 100% on all of the chapter quizzes, then how did I get a 92/100?

Only thing I can think of is I did a few pre-tests and did not score 100%, was I graded down for not bringing those up to 100%?

I'm done with study.com, but it is something I was curious about.

If you took more than three attempts to get to 100%, only your first three attempts can be considered in calculating your quiz grade. That could be why.
Completed:
BA History & Psychology, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020
ASNSM Mathematics, Thomas Edison State University, March 2020

Up Next:
JD, Cornell Law School, Class of 2024

Link to all credits earned: Link
[-] The following 1 user Likes mysonx3's post:
  • vpassenheim
Nice, that would make sense as some of them I did bounce back and forth like a big dumb dumb.

Did not know about the 3 tries, thanks for that.

(01-08-2019, 11:45 PM)Merlin Wrote: I believe the chapter tests and practice final exams will also clear related quiz questions, so even if the particular course doesn't have a placement test, you can sometimes use those as alternate means to get the same end result.

Either way, I always recommend that folks take the chapter tests after they complete lessons. Not only does it help reinforce what you learned in those chapters, but it is also a great way to prep for the final exam. The practice final exam pulls its questions from the chapter exams so to me, taking all the chapter exams is like an extended practice exam. However, you can also take the practice final exam if you like.

On my first two Study.com courses I completely skipped the chapter tests since many of the questions are simply repeated from the graded quizzes that I've already completed. What I didn't realize until today when I tested this is that completing the chapter tests can clear out quizzes in subsequent lessons. Thanks so much for this tip!
TESU BSBA Accounting 2019 (In progress)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,364 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,746 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 607 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM