Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com
Hello all, I am new to study.com.  Are the quiz and/or practice chapter test questions verbatim to the questions on the final proctored exam?
I panic at test taking.  So I am extremely nervous for all of this.
No, they are not verbatim. My advice is to do the quizzes and then do the practice test. If you do well on the practice test, even though the final is different, you will be fine.

Remember it's pass/fail so there's no need to obsess about being perfect.
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • akr680
(06-23-2019, 06:05 PM)dblchills Wrote: Hello all, I am new to study.com.  Are the quiz and/or practice chapter test questions verbatim to the questions on the final proctored exam?

like jsh1138 said they are not verbatim.  But....the USHistory class,  for ex, has much more closely aligned questions and answers but other classes, like Ethics, require more critical thinking.  We have found the flash cards to be really helpful in grasping the big concepts and the practice exams (all 3) are extremely helpful in preparing for the final.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(06-23-2019, 06:05 PM)dblchills Wrote: Hello all, I am new to study.com.  Are the quiz and/or practice chapter test questions verbatim to the questions on the final proctored exam?

The questions on the practice chapter tests cover the same concepts as those on the final exam and in some cases may be similar to the practice tests (i.e., I've seen some questions that are the reverse of those in the practice tests).

The goal isn't to memorize the test questions. It is to use the information learned in the course materials to prove your competency in the subject.

I used to get nervous while taking proctored exams as well for multiple reasons. But I suspect tat once you knock out one or two you will probably lose at least some of that anxiety.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I highly recommend the flash cards, if they are available for the course. If you understand the concepts behind the flash cards this will assist in taking the final exam. Remember, if you finished with 100% on the quizzes, you will only need a 55% on the final exam to pass the entire course (pending no written assignments). 70% total.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HogwartsSchool's post:
  • TwinMom
(06-24-2019, 01:33 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I highly recommend the flash cards, if they are available for the course. If you understand the concepts behind the flash cards this will assist in taking the final exam. Remember, if you finished with 100% on the quizzes, you will only need a 55% on the final exam to pass the entire course (pending no written assignments). 70% total.
Is it realistic to think you could knock out 3 courses a month?
(06-25-2019, 09:15 PM)MINHAC Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 01:33 AM)HogwartsSchool Wrote: I highly recommend the flash cards, if they are available for the course. If you understand the concepts behind the flash cards this will assist in taking the final exam. Remember, if you finished with 100% on the quizzes, you will only need a 55% on the final exam to pass the entire course (pending no written assignments). 70% total.

Aside from the trillion disclaimers and variables that need to be mentioned (free time, learning style, prior knowledge etc..).  Yes, I think it is realistic.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Yes, 3 a month is entirely realistic. If you're familiar with the material you could probably do 2 a week
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(06-25-2019, 09:15 PM)MINHAC Wrote:

Definitely realistic, and if the courses had overlap, you could do more.  For instance, if you took College Math, College Algebra is mostly complete, and then Precalculus Algebra is halfway done.  If you take Marketing and International Business, Global Marketing has a lot completed.

They also have placement tests for many courses, which means you can get a lot done before you even officially start.  I took the Human Growth & Development placement tests and am 30% done already.  I took the College Math & College Algebra placement tests and am 42% complete with CM, 31% complete with CA, and 30% done with Quant Lit.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,322 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,589 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,341 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 730 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 358 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,900 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 581 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 309 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 730 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM