Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com: ACE/NCCRS Arbitrage?
Given that many study.com courses are recommended by both ACE and NCCRS, is it possible to use this to any advantage?

Here's why I ask:

Finance 104 is recommended for 3 credit hours in finance by NCCRS.  It is only recommended as 2 credit hours under ACE.  Do you think that it would transfer into TESU as 3 credits under an NCCRS transcript rather than the 2 that is seems to transfer in at under ACE?

Also, there is a strange NCCRS recommendation for Business 209.  It reads as follows:

"In the lower division baccalaureate/associate degree category OR in the upper division baccalaureate degree category, 3 semester hours in Business, Communication. Management, Mentoring and Coaching in the Workplace, or Teaching/Educational Leadership (6/17)."

This is one of the classes that only has a recommendation via NCCRS.  I find the upper/lower recommendation strange.  Do you think that there is any way that I could get TESU to transfer this in as a graduate level Educational Leadership class?  I know that is lots of wishful thinking, but I could use it for an administrator certificate that I have on the long-range plan.

Cheers.
Why would they transfer it in as a graduate-level course when it's not recommended at the graduate level? I confidently say that the chance of this getting graduate credit is 0%.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
In doing the research, I have wondered about some of this myself, especially at a school other than TESU (like COSC or EC), where the NCCRS course comes in as UL while the same course through ACE is LL.

And there is no one who will give you graduate credit for a course recommended as LL or UL for an undergrad. The only available credit for grad-level is Coopersmith's Foundations of Education, which is given a course number that is grad-level (EDU-501) and says "Credit recommendation: In the graduate degree category, 3 semester hours in Education (9/16).:
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hi Everyone,

TESU will accept a course for the highest credit recommendation that the course has received, regardless if that recommendation is from ACE or NCCRS. So in the case of Finance 104 for example, TESU will accept it as the 3 credits recommended by NCCRS, even if you submit an ACE transcript. For more information on specific courses, please check out our transfer guide with TESU, which can be found here: https://study.com/directory/school/Thoma...ransferTab

Regarding the NCCRS credit recommendation for Business 209, we wanted to add a little clarity. This course (and courses with similar recommendations) are recommended for both upper level and lower level credit recommendation. The reason NCCRS does this is to give schools flexibility in how they want to accept that credit. Since each school's policies and programs are different, we advise reaching out to your school to see what option works best for you.

Best,
The Study.com Team
[-] The following 3 users Like Study.com's post:
  • eriehiker, hsfamfun, Toastmaster
Oooh, this is actually really good to know, because I needed something in Finance or Accounting to fill my AOS and I thought Study.com's Finance 104 wouldn't work because it's only 2 ACE credits. But if it's 3 with NCCRS, I'd rather take that than accounting. I guess I'll give TESU a call tomorrow and double check.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
(08-22-2017, 08:27 PM)Gymfan15 Wrote: Oooh, this is actually really good to know, because I needed something in Finance or Accounting to fill my AOS and I thought Study.com's Finance 104 wouldn't work because it's only 2 ACE credits. But if it's 3 with NCCRS, I'd rather take that than accounting. I guess I'll give TESU a call tomorrow and double check.

You should also check to make sure it will work in your AOS, I'd heard that it didn't - but I could certainly be mistaken about that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I sent them an email so we'll see. If I don't hear back by the end of the week I'll call them.
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gymfan15's post:
  • ECH90
what did you find out about fin104?
Oh, they said I couldn't use it in my AOS, as mentioned above. So I didn't bother checking about NCCRS credit.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,368 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,600 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,507 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 328 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM