Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Are You Still Working on Employment Law?
Any word on if/when Employment Law might be available as an ACE Recommended course? My son is looking at his option for taking this in the next few months, and I'm wondering if he should hold off in the hopes of taking it with you, or if he should take it elsewhere.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
Not to jack the thread, but any news on English Comp II also? I would love to take I and II through Study.com at the same time instead of having to use SL. It doesn't make much sense to me to take Comp I from Study.com and then use a different source for Comp II.
We are happy to say that both Employment Law and English Comp II will be available for credit on the site within a week! Employment Law will count for 2 credits.

Thank you,
Study.com
Study.com Wrote:We are happy to say that both Employment Law and English Comp II will be available for credit on the site within a week! Employment Law will count for 2 credits.

Thank you,
Study.com

Oh man - I went from elation to disappointment. Any way it will be upgraded to 3 credits in the future? 2 credits don't help my son - he needs a 3 credit course.
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
I don't think WGU is a stickler for the credit unit amounts, or did they tell you explicitly it needs to be 3cr?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
rowan555 Wrote:Oh man - I went from elation to disappointment. Any way it will be upgraded to 3 credits in the future? 2 credits don't help my son - he needs a 3 credit course.

We will work hard to get the course recommended for 3 credits moving forward. However we do not currently have a timeline for that, so stay tuned!
jsd Wrote:I don't think WGU is a stickler for the credit unit amounts, or did they tell you explicitly it needs to be 3cr?

The transfer guidelines state it must be worth 3 credits.

rowan555 Wrote:The transfer guidelines state it must be worth 3 credits.

Bummer. for the College of IT, the transfer guidelines just say "one course in," but mostly don't specify credits needed.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Study.com Wrote:We are happy to say that both Employment Law and English Comp II will be available for credit on the site within a week! Employment Law will count for 2 credits.

Thank you,
Study.com

This is great for the English Comp II - Could you tell us how many essays/assignments this course will have? Thanks
jsd Wrote:Bummer. for the College of IT, the transfer guidelines just say "one course in," but mostly don't specify credits needed.

I shot them an email, just in case. He really was dreading taking this course, so if he could get it out of the way it would be ideal.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,383 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,782 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 614 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 553 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 685 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM