Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com - Can you change plans monthly?
I'm looking to take some Study.com classes but I plan to take about a month to do each one because I am not in a hurry. Is it possible to change my plan each month to save a little money? For example, can I do the $59.99 plan month one to work on course A and then switch to the $199.99 plan for month two to take the exam for course A and then work on course B and take the exam for course B? This would allow me to write two exams every other month making each course cost about $130 instead of doing one exam per month which would cost $199 per course. Then I would either take a break for a month or two or start the two-month cycle again (depending on what else I have going on).
  • Degree in Progress: BA in Psychology and/or History (in planning)
  • Complete: University of New Brunswick (Canada)  |  BSc Marine Biology (Grad 1998)
Basically, I would do it differently, to get the best bang for the buck, is to do two courses each month, if you need a third course or more, a max of 5 courses/month can be done, each extra exam is $70. Right now, I would take advantage of a 30% off the first 3 months, making it $140 for a month, two courses each month. This will get you the "hang" of things, and if you have the time, take an extra course for $70/additional exam.

Note: For lower level, try to max your courses up to 5, for upper level, I usually recommend at most 3 in a month. The most I have ever done was 7 lower level courses in a month, as I was able to do two before my month lapsed, and 5 within 3 weeks. This loophole should still exist, but I don't recommend waiting to the last minute to do the final exams just to test this out.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • Pikachu, studyingfortests
(05-23-2022, 03:17 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, I would do it differently, to get the best bang for the buck, is to do two courses each month, if you need a third course or more, a max of 5 courses/month can be done, each extra exam is $70.  Right now, I would take advantage of a 30% off the first 3 months, making it $140 for a month, two courses each month.  This will get you the "hang" of things, and if you have the time, take an extra course for $70/additional exam.

Note: For lower level, try to max your courses up to 5, for upper level, I usually recommend at most 3 in a month.  The most I have ever done was 7 lower level courses in a month, as I was able to do two before my month lapsed, and 5 within 3 weeks.  This loophole should still exist, but I don't recommend waiting to the last minute to do the final exams just to test this out.
Hi, yes I realise I can do this but I don't want to do the courses that quickly. I only want to do about ONE course per month but was thinking if I am allowed to switch plans that could save me a little money. These courses are working towards a degree that is just for my own learning journey so I'm not in a rush to get as many done as quickly as possible, however, if I can find little ways to save some money here and there (while not sacrificing the time I want to spend on them) then that would be great! 
I am also planning to have months where I don't do any courses at all so would put my study.com account on hold until I'm ready to work on the next class or two.
  • Complete: University of New Brunswick (Canada)  |  BSc Marine Biology (Grad 1998)
Yes, you can switch plans every month. Most people do not, but this doesn't mean that you cannot.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(05-24-2022, 01:02 AM)rachel83az Wrote: Yes, you can switch plans every month. Most people do not, but this doesn't mean that you cannot.

Perfect! Thanks so much!
You might also think about using a different platform where you only do 1 course at a time - something like Coopersmith or Davar.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 2 users Like dfrecore's post:
  • StudiousTraveller, studyingfortests
(05-24-2022, 06:50 AM)dfrecore Wrote: You might also think about using a different platform where you only do 1 course at a time - something like Coopersmith or Davar.
Yes, that could work. I'll look into those options to see which classes they have that I'd like to take that will transfer to EC. Thanks!
(05-23-2022, 03:01 PM)StudiousTraveller Wrote: I'm looking to take some Study.com classes but I plan to take about a month to do each one because I am not in a hurry. Is it possible to change my plan each month to save a little money? For example, can I do the $59.99 plan month one to work on course A and then switch to the $199.99 plan for month two to take the exam for course A and then work on course B and take the exam for course B? This would allow me to write two exams every other month making each course cost about $130 instead of doing one exam per month which would cost $199 per course. Then I would either take a break for a month or two or start the two-month cycle again (depending on what else I have going on).

This pattern is exactly what my twins did. It allowed them to focus on one subject at a time without rushing too much.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(05-24-2022, 11:11 AM)TwinMom Wrote:
(05-23-2022, 03:01 PM)StudiousTraveller Wrote: I'm looking to take some Study.com classes but I plan to take about a month to do each one because I am not in a hurry. Is it possible to change my plan each month to save a little money? For example, can I do the $59.99 plan month one to work on course A and then switch to the $199.99 plan for month two to take the exam for course A and then work on course B and take the exam for course B? This would allow me to write two exams every other month making each course cost about $130 instead of doing one exam per month which would cost $199 per course. Then I would either take a break for a month or two or start the two-month cycle again (depending on what else I have going on).

This pattern is exactly what my twins did. It allowed them to focus on one subject at a time without rushing too much.
Sweet! I think this is going to be the best method for me too.
That strategy works great, or another lesser desired option is to take a course a month, second month take another course, then third month take a third course (and the finals for all 3), and if you wanted to do another month, for example, the fourth month take the finals for all 4. It really doesn't matter how you slice things as long as you're ready to take the exam... if the courses overlap in content, you can "ladder" them and take the final accordingly. You also want to look and see which courses have assignments...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,368 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,490 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,752 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 608 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,815 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 684 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM