Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com College Comp II - Anyone no if TESU will begin excepting again?
Just curious if anyone has an update on whether or not TESU will begin excepting again? I could take through Sophia but would prefer not if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
I don't have an answer for you but they are accepting StraighterLine English Composition II.
(07-07-2020, 10:34 PM)ss20ts Wrote: I don't have an answer for you but they are accepting StraighterLine English Composition II.

Thank you! I will look at their course.

Sent from my iPhone using DegreeForum.net
If you got signed up right now, you could possibly take English Composition at ASU. It started yesterday but the course with that start date is still listed on the ea.asu.edu course page.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Cammilynn
SL English Comp II gets lots of complaints here, Sophia's has a lot of papers, ASU has a big research paper. So you're kind of stuck no matter what you do.

My advice: take the TECEP exam, it's pretty easy.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cammilynn
(07-08-2020, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: SL English Comp II gets lots of complaints here, Sophia's has a lot of papers, ASU has a big research paper.  So you're kind of stuck no matter what you do.

From the description, the TECEP looks like a monster to take. How much are you actually supposed to write vs. how much is multiple choice? I'm going to try to do Sophia because it's free, but it'd be nice to have a backup just in case that falls through. I'm still having issues with Sophia Eng. Comp I. Fingers crossed that I'll actually get a grade this time.
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Cammilynn, ss20ts
(07-08-2020, 02:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: SL English Comp II gets lots of complaints here, Sophia's has a lot of papers, ASU has a big research paper.  So you're kind of stuck no matter what you do.

From the description, the TECEP looks like a monster to take. How much are you actually supposed to write vs. how much is multiple choice? I'm going to try to do Sophia because it's free, but it'd be nice to have a backup just in case that falls through. I'm still having issues with Sophia Eng. Comp I. Fingers crossed that I'll actually get a grade this time.

I was wondering how you write all of that during an exam. I read through most of the syllabus and thought you have got to be kidding me. If it was multiple choice, that's one thing. But if it's writing a research paper, prose, bibliography during the exam, how do you do that? That's hours and hours if not days of work. Hopefully someone has some guidance on this TECEP.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Cammilynn
I'm not sure if your testing centers are open but I would recommend doing the CLEP exam when they're open.
Just take the course at ModernStates as prep and review any other resources you can get online free. 
TESU CLEP Link: https://www.tesu.edu/academics/catalog/c...am-program
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Cammilynn
(07-08-2020, 02:56 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:27 PM)rachel83az Wrote:
(07-08-2020, 02:06 PM)dfrecore Wrote: My advice: take the TECEP exam, it's pretty easy.

I was wondering how you write all of that during an exam. I read through most of the syllabus and thought you have got to be kidding me. If it was multiple choice, that's one thing. But if it's writing a research paper, prose, bibliography during the exam, how do you do that? That's hours and hours if not days of work. Hopefully someone has some guidance on this TECEP.

I honestly thought it was very easy, I took it cold and passed.  I think if you're not a proficient typist, it might be hard - but there is really not so much writing that it's overwhelming.  When they say "research paper" it's more like a very short 3-paragraph essay.  You need a thesis, a conclusion, and the "body."  But I got done with it and thought, wow, glad I did that instead of taking a full semester course.

Honestly, it was one of the easier tests I took (and I've taken 2 CLEP's, 2 DSST's, and 6 TECEP's).  It was one where I was certain I passed when I finished.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • Cammilynn
What about the citations? I'm still confused about how to properly cite stuff and I think it's been covered in no less than 3 different classes so far. There are websites where you can go to get your citations/bibliography made for you because it's so confusing. I can BS a paper pretty quickly. It's the citations that I'm concerned about.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sophia English Comp II vs CLEP College Composition davemodular 15 891 04-09-2024, 01:33 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,323 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,589 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,342 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 362 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 731 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,091 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,650 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 359 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,030 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat