Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Complaint - Beware of Business 308!
So I started Business 308: Globalization & International Management last month, already wary of the 4 case study assignments needed to pass the class. I was up for the challenge. After all, International Management was 1 of only 2 courses left for me to earn my BSBA.

I passed all 118 quizzes with 100, scored 65 on the proctored final, and completed all 4 case studies averaging around 1600 words each. Thats 6400 words worth of assignments! BUT... I failed the course with a 66 total!

I worked very hard on each one of those cases study assignments and feel that I should have given greater credit for them. I really shouldnt have wasted my money for BUS 308 at Study.com and went with a much easier alternative instead.

So, when calculating all of my known scores I should have:

(210 of 300 needed to pass)

Quizzes 100
Proctored Final 65
Case Studies 35
Total = 200

I have a really hard time believing that I scored an average of 8.75 for those 4 case assignments. I know they should have been worth a MINIMUM of 15 points each.

Just beware of this course, guys. Its a ton of work and the graders are merciless.
varJosh Wrote:So I started Business 308: Globalization & International Management last month, already wary of the 4 case study assignments needed to pass the class. I was up for the challenge. After all, International Management was 1 of only 2 courses left for me to earn my BSBA.

I passed all 118 quizzes with 100, scored 65 on the proctored final, and completed all 4 case studies averaging around 1600 words each. Thats 6400 words worth of assignments! BUT... I failed the course with a 66 total!

I worked very hard on each one of those cases study assignments and feel that I should have given greater credit for them. I really shouldnt have wasted my money for BUS 308 at Study.com and went with a much easier alternative instead.

So, when calculating all of my known scores I should have:

(210 of 300 needed to pass)

Quizzes 100
Proctored Final 65
Case Studies 35
Total = 200

I have a really hard time believing that I scored an average of 8.75 for those 4 case assignments. I know they should have been worth a MINIMUM of 15 points each.

Just beware of this course, guys. Its a ton of work and the graders are merciless.

Maybe you should resubmit. You might get a different grader and get enough to pass, even without edits. But maybe there is an edit you can do to get another 2 easy points each. They should have shown you where you lost the points for each.

There is a thread about the inconsistency of grading there.

What's considered an easier course
Ideas Wrote:Maybe you should resubmit. You might get a different grader and get enough to pass, even without edits. But maybe there is an edit you can do to get another 2 easy points each. They should have shown you where you lost the points for each.

There is a thread about the inconsistency of grading there.

My probably is I got my scores after my membership lapsed.

Collegelady2 Wrote:What's considered an easier course

Davar's International Management. $15 cheaper and much easier.
[-] The following 1 user Likes varJosh's post:
  • finish@50
varJosh Wrote:My probably is I got my scores after my membership lapsed.

Well, I would bring it up with them and try to get those re-graded anyway.

Ideas Wrote:There is a thread about the inconsistency of grading there.

This happens everywhere, including my fave provider Straighterline.
Each grader reviews things differently than the other.
I also recommend what Ideas mentioned, try to resubmit the details.

I had a fat 0 for my SL Business Comm as there was 7% similarity turnitin match.
They told me to redo it, and afterwards, that score was bumped up to 93% on that one assignment.
My final assignment had 13% match, but they gave me 92% without having to redo it!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks for the suggestions bjcheung and Ideas. I just sent an email to support. I'll post what happens.
varJosh Wrote:Thanks for the suggestions bjcheung and Ideas. I just sent an email to support. I'll post what happens.

I just got back BUS308 assignment rubrics for the 4 case studies, and wow as I am reading them I already see mistakes.

The first assignment, on hand, is Assignment 3.

1.The rubric states that "Does not identify the forms of [B]outsourcing" [/B]The subject of the assignment is on SOURCING. Some how I scored a 0 for that.

2. The Summary of Recommendations area of the rubric states that "Does not make recommendations." Score 0. But my paper DOES make recommendations.
- Graders notes: "Recommendations’ in the conclusions section are in general terms. Nothing that applies to this company." My recommendations are made specifically for the fictional company, based on research from other companies. And isn't a "general term" recommendation, a recommendation??

3. Graders notes state "Sources include one from 2004. Need to find more current sources."
So research from 2004 (13 years ago) does not apply today?

This is only one of the assignments so far, but I believe I should have been given more credit for this.
varJosh Wrote:I just got back BUS308 assignment rubrics for the 4 case studies, and wow as I am reading them I already see mistakes.

The first assignment, on hand, is Assignment 3.

1.The rubric states that "Does not identify the forms of [B]outsourcing" [/B]The subject of the assignment is on SOURCING. Some how I scored a 0 for that.

2. The Summary of Recommendations area of the rubric states that "Does not make recommendations." Score 0. But my paper DOES make recommendations.
- Graders notes: "Recommendations’ in the conclusions section are in general terms. Nothing that applies to this company." My recommendations are made specifically for the fictional company, based on research from other companies. And isn't a "general term" recommendation, a recommendation??

3. Graders notes state "Sources include one from 2004. Need to find more current sources."
So research from 2004 (13 years ago) does not apply today?

This is only one of the assignments so far, but I believe I should have been given more credit for this.

I would go to Study.com and ask that they have another grader look at your papers and change your scores accordingly.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I read somewhere on the site that you have two weeks to resubmit even after your subscription ends. Send them back in with a few changes and you should be able to get to 70%. That course really does suck - I sent in a lengthy review of that course after I took the final telling them how ridiculous those 4 projects are. There's absolutely no reason I should have to write more for a management course than for the two English Comp courses.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,279 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,471 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue