Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Complaint - Beware of Business 308!
hmmm. got me thinking davar's course might be a better option.
TESU March 2020 Graduation
--ASNSM Mathematics
--BSBA Accounting 
--BA Computer Science

University of Alaska Fairbanks (December 2021 Graduation Goal)
--MBA (2/10 : 4.0)

I started this journey in the summer of 2016.  I hoped to be done sooner, but I am still proud of the rate at which I have gotten my schooling done with respect to the many months of military training and deployments I have undergone.  

Zachcleigh Wrote:hmmm. got me thinking davar's course might be a better option.

Yeah. I did Davar's.

I got a bad grade on a SL paper too. One bad grade and one good grade. The reasons I was given made sense, I guess, but I felt the assignment was too difficult. If it had been a different topic, it could have been much easier.

Zachcleigh Wrote:hmmm. got me thinking davar's course might be a better option.

If I had the option I would do Davar's. I had already paid for the subscription through Study.com or else I would have done another option. There's also a TECEP that works in the slot and I see you are good at taking tests so maybe consider that as well.
I actually took this course from study.com and had zero issues with it. I made sure I followed the rubics for each case study to the letter. I did the first two case studies and waited for the proper feedback to see if I was in fact doing them correctly. I scored 23/25 and 21/25. At this point I knew I only needed a 66 on the final and whatever extra points I managed from the third and fourth case study would just bring that down. I did the third case study and submitted it. Took the final right after and got an 82 so just flew through the 4th case study. My 3rd and 4th case studies got me 19/25 and 14/25. So anyone actually doing the assignments should be able to get at least 14/25 on each assignment unless they are way off the mark.

I would say you either has a terrible grader OR you wrote down the wrong assignment numbers/uploaded the wrong file for each case study. So they were reading the wrong paper for certain assignments.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
Yea, I didn't have an issue with the grades, although I did think one of the graders was a bit harsh. I just find it stupid to make this course have twice the amount of writing as the Comp II course.
Is the Davar course still accepted in TESU?
------------------

if you got a 65 on the final and then failed all 4 papers by a mile maybe your grasp of the material isn't as strong as you think it is.

rather than re-subbing the papers I might just take the final again and try to get a 75. problem solved
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(10-13-2019, 02:55 PM)jsh1138 Wrote: if you got a 65 on the final and then failed all 4 papers by a mile maybe your grasp of the material isn't as strong as you think it is.

rather than re-subbing the papers I might just take the final again and try to get a 75. problem solved

You are responding to an old thread with a new question: is the Davar alternative accepted by TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,321 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,477 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,673 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 300 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 968 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,811 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue