Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Credits at TESU expire
(04-01-2021, 12:09 PM)Dumber Wrote: Study.com had this information for a while about TESU. It is time for SDC to update its site. My only criticism of Study.com is that it needs to work more on its transparency. A few too many gray areas such as this one that we now know about.
Hopefully there are improvements. It became too expensive and with nothing clear on UL from either study or TESU I decided there were cheaper, clearer paths. (I wrote to them but were not helpful with their answer)
I agree. It’s a bad deal to take a course only to find out it won’t work.
(04-01-2021, 11:11 AM)Pats20 Wrote: I’m sorry , I should’ve been more clear. Bacs

I have an associates in web programming and have spent the last decade as a developer, so for myself I'm not aiming at a BACS - mostly because of the effort and cost (I would have to take 5 additional courses), if I were to get a BSBA-CIS, sophia would cover part of the additional courses needed. I'm going for a BALS in NSM mostly because most CS courses count as a natural science and that's less effort but still take some math classes as a challenge, and I'll get an ASNSM in CS as a freebie.

Now back on topic since you're asking about BACS - Running a "what-if" evaluation, the UL that I listed does go in the AOS electives, however you are correct that both BACS & BALS CS require Computer Architecture. If I end up regretting having to take some UL math and decide to change to a BALS CS, then I'll have to try and take another stab at it then and hope it comes as UL.
In Progress:
TESU:
BA Computer Science (117/120)
SoonCapstone

Completed: AS in Mathematics, Certificate in Computer Information Systems

TESU: 6 Credits (SOS-110, CMP-3540) - 2023
Coursera: 24 Credits (IBM Data Analysis & Visualization Foundations, SAS Advanced Programmer, Google Data Analytics) 2022-2023
Study.com: 27 Credits (Management Information Systems, Systems Analysis & Design, Database Management, Computer Architecture, Discrete Mathematics, Geometry, Data Structures, Intro to Operating Systems, Calculus) 2020-2022
InstantCert.com: 3 Credits (American Government) - 2022
CSMLearn.com: 3 Credits - 2021
Sophia.org: 46 Credits - 2020
Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service 11 Credits - 2020
B&M College: 105.34 Credits - 2010
(04-01-2021, 06:44 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Gosh. Does anyone know if the Study.com computer science upper level Courses are still the same with tesu ?

Systems analysis and design
Computer architecture
Database management.
Network tech tecep
Bus management information systems.

I just checked with a TESU adviser today, and they confirmed that all 5 of these still come in as upper level for BACS, these are the same ones I am working through now too. But remember that systems analysis and design is only ACE approved until April 30th!
Thomas Edison State University:
BA in Computer Science - Currently Pursuing (114/120 Credits)
ASNSM in Computer Science - Graduated 6/5/2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes BadBradsBBQ's post:
  • AllThose299s
Thanks for checking. I hope they renew. I’m done with quizzes but still lack the assignment( 2000 words) and final.
(04-01-2021, 01:12 PM)Pats20 Wrote: I agree. It’s a bad deal to take a course only to find out it won’t work.

I think that TESU makes changes and doesn't tell the course providers.  So it's not Study.com's fault if TESU doesn't communicate (which we know they are TERRIBLE at).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Has anyone looked into whether or not sdc database management and systems analysis are going to be renewed at upper level ? Their set to expire at the end of the month. Usually they get renewed but has anyone confirmed ? I will reach out but not sure where to. The sdc app has a support contact but I assume that’s for technical issues.
(04-03-2021, 06:21 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Has anyone looked into whether or not sdc database management and systems analysis are going to be renewed at upper level ? Their set to expire at the end of the month. Usually they get renewed but has anyone confirmed ? I will reach out but not sure where to.  The sdc app has a support contact but I assume that’s for technical issues.

Were you able to reach out?  I do believe that SDC is mostly related to issues on their end as you stated.  This is the last course I need but I have a full course load so I am debating on whether to finish Database Management.
(04-13-2021, 08:38 PM)manmanthegr8 Wrote:
(04-03-2021, 06:21 AM)Pats20 Wrote: Has anyone looked into whether or not sdc database management and systems analysis are going to be renewed at upper level ? Their set to expire at the end of the month. Usually they get renewed but has anyone confirmed ? I will reach out but not sure where to.  The sdc app has a support contact but I assume that’s for technical issues.

Were you able to reach out?  I do believe that SDC is mostly related to issues on their end as you stated.  This is the last course I need but I have a full course load so I am debating on whether to finish Database Management.

Yes. I emailed sdc. Their response was that they Intend on renewing the courses and are currently in the process of the renewal review.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • manmanthegr8
(04-14-2021, 06:19 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 08:38 PM)manmanthegr8 Wrote:

Yes. I emailed sdc. Their response was that they Intend on renewing the courses and are currently in the process of the renewal review.

Okay, I guess I will risk it and hope that SDC (or TESU) doesn't make any changes before I complete my capstone.

Thank you.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Debate/speech competition transfer credits? Fave advisors? PLEX 4 163 03-20-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: PLEX
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Is an academic certificate a degree for the purposes of "new" credits? Am I screwed? ItsNeverTheLionsYear 3 237 03-13-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 1 205 03-03-2024, 12:20 PM
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch