Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Discount Inquiry
Hi.  Can someone who has info on this provide an update? Anyone at Study.com know?

Just wondering if anyone heard of any news about what is changing 7/1/2018 in regards to the Study.com discount. I am hoping it would remain as it is now (such an awesome discount) instead of going up in price.  Anyone know?

I am about to call/email TESU in order to get the discount and pay for my Capstone and Residency Waiver.  If the price remains the same, I can do so later as it's a huge chunk of change that I don't want to fork out.

The reason I am asking is that (I missed out on the previous ALPA discount, unfortunately) their comprehensive tuition pricing is identical as Study.com at $6,350.

Discount Post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid260370
ALPA: https://www.tesu.edu/alpa/costs-tuition
Study.com: https://www.tesu.edu/studycom/costs-tuition

Thank you!
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
There is no way to know, but I'm guessing the price is going to go up A LOT.

This is based on the fact that TESU put in writing on the website that they were going to give a Study.com discount, put the discounted AMOUNTS on there rather than the discount PERCENTAGES, and then kind of screwed themselves.
- The 10% on the RW, which was $2,000 at the time, was listed as $1800. On 7/1/17, they increased the RW, so the discounted amount should have changed to $2,250 at that point in time ($2,500 - $250).
- The 5% on the tuition, which was ~$385/cr for in-state per-credit tuition, was listed as $366. On 7/1/17, they increase the tuition to $396/cr, so the discounted amount should have become $376/cr.

On 7/1/18, they are due to increase their pricing again, and that means that as the discounted AMOUNTS go away due to the agreement expiring, the new amounts are going to be just the correct discount PERCENTAGE, and apply to the new increased (twice) prices. So at the minimum, if the prices didn't change, you'd see the above pricing. But considering that they're probably going to raise prices again, that means that they'll go up from there. I am going to throw out a guess that the new RW is going to be $2,600, and the new in-state tuition per credit is going to go to $409/cr. So discount from there. Just a guess, based on what they did last year (4% increase in tuition).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If you want it, I say get it done. Don't count on getting an actual answer before it's too late to get the current pricing.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
I called this morning, around 9AM (TESU local time), to have the Residency Waver Fee added; was on hold for about 15 minutes before talking with anyone.  They said I would be receiving an email later in the day providing a link where I could make the payment.  I just received that email around 11 AM and have made payment.  Since I am Study.com affiliate and put it on a Credit Card (fee 2.85% add on) the total came to $1851.30.  It feels good to have that part done; but I wouldn't recommend waiting until the last day to get it done - it was not a quick process, as it took a few hours, and you'll likely get even longer hold times as the month nears the end.  

You can call the Office of Student Financial Accounts at 609/984-4099 to pay (add) your residency waiver fee. You will need your Student ID; I had confirmed prior to the call that my account was coded as a Study.com affiliate. At the very least I'd recommend calling sooner than later to get it added, even if you wait a few days to use the link to pay the fee (just remember it still needs to be paid for prior to end of month)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Do I call that number to get the Study.com affiliate added to my account or do I call advising for that first? If my assumption is correct, I should call advising to get the affiliation and then call financial accounts to add the residency waiver. Can someone please confirm?
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
I believe you email admissions to get the affiliate added. At this point, though, just start calling them and asking them what to do next.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(06-12-2018, 12:02 PM)Lewis.Yim Wrote: Do I call that number to get the Study.com affiliate added to my account or do I call advising for that first?  If my assumption is correct, I should call advising to get the affiliation and then call financial accounts to add the residency waiver.  Can someone please confirm?

I emailed academicadvising@tesu.edu to make sure I was coded as a Study.com affiliate before calling to have the residency wavier added - be sure to include your Student ID in the email (I forgot to do that once - chaos ensued Smile )
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Discount Codes ashkir 19 8,180 04-15-2024, 07:13 AM
Last Post: MissRN
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,367 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,599 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,493 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue