Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Excelsior UL courses
Hi,

Does anyone have a list of UL courses that are accepted to Excelsior or you have completed and Excelsior accepted?  I have emailed study.com and Excelsior to see if they have a list that is appropriate for BS in Liberal Arts but my past emails from Excelsior are cryptic to say the least.  They just go back to send us a course and we will see if we approve it.  They should know what courses are or are not accepted already as they are listed as a partner with Study.com.  Just a waste of time to keep going back and forth with them when I could just pick from a pre approved list and then match to my remaining distributions. 

Thanks.

Just an update that study.com got back to me(quickly I might add) and here are a couple of links that show an Excelsior page for courses and all of there courses that are ACE and NCCRS approved that should be eligible for credit from Excelsior or whoever takes ACE and/or NCCRS credit which Excelsior is also listed as will accept NCCRS credits.  I also sent an email to Excelsior with some of those courses for approval and will see what they come back with.  History 306 and History 308. 

Between Ace and NCCRS courses listed on that page, there should be plenty of UL courses that I can take.  Of course the disclaimer is always recommended for credit but not guaranteed as your College must approve the course first.  

Hope this helps someone else as well.

https://study.com/directory/school/Excel...ransferTab

https://study.com/academy/college-accele...tters.html
The problem isn't which courses will EC accept, as they will take ANY ACE/NCCRS approved courses. It's more a question of where they will fit in your degree plan, which is a much more complex question.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • TwinMom
Yes that sure is the question. 

What I have been doing now is going through Excelsior MAP plan that shows what concentrations I have left(essentially Arts and Science courses for me) and you can click on the distribution and it takes you to their course lists that you can take through them.  I've been looking through those and trying to match up ones that are listed on Study.com and give them those courses to see if they can give me approval to take them. 

I have to take 2 more UL courses and then the capstone directly through Excelsior per my plan but I'd like to reserve those courses for ones I absolutely can not get elsewhere.  I'm trying to be done with everything at end of the second fall term that ends in December.

The two History courses on Study.com,306 and 308, do match up in theory to UL Civil War and Vietnam courses that Excelsior offers.

I guess I'll see in a few days if that theory holds true and they approve or not those course requests.
I just graduated from Excelsior with the BSLA. They won't provide you a list. I had to ask about specific courses. If 306 and 308 are Upper level per ACE, an advisor should be able to tell you exactly how they will transfer in and apply to your degree plan.
(06-24-2018, 02:28 PM)Tekky Wrote: Yes that sure is the question. 

What I have been doing now is going through Excelsior MAP plan that shows what concentrations I have left(essentially Arts and Science courses for me) and you can click on the distribution and it takes you to their course lists that you can take through them.  I've been looking through those and trying to match up ones that are listed on Study.com and give them those courses to see if they can give me approval to take them. 

I have to take 2 more UL courses and then the capstone directly through Excelsior per my plan but I'd like to reserve those courses for ones I absolutely can not get elsewhere.  I'm trying to be done with everything at end of the second fall term that ends in December.

The two History courses on Study.com,306 and 308, do match up in theory to UL Civil War and Vietnam courses that Excelsior offers.

I guess I'll see in a few days if that theory holds true and they approve or not those course requests.
Tekky,
I am looking at a degree plan for my wife for the BS- Bachelor of Liberal Arts and we are leaning more towards Excelsior due to awarding her the most credits and it seems to be about the least in co, but, I need to understand the Upper Level 2 depth requirements better so that it would fit into a degree plan for her.
For the BSL degree, 30 Upper Level credits are required (21 in Arts and Sciences and 9 Upper Level Credits in any subject). Additionally, 2 depths are needed for 6 credits (2 4 courses total).
 What courses are considered Arts and Sciences and which are not?  I would imagine any Upper Level Management course would *not* be considered A&S?  When I clicked on the link for UL Study.com that directly transfers to Excelsior https://study.com/directory/school/Excel...ransferTab, most of the classes listed are under the Business heading and it would seem like she can take only 3 possible credits in that area?  There are not a lot of UL courses that are direct transfer in this area.  The only other A&S classes listed under this link are:
Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology
(Social Science Requirement) 3 cr.

Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology

English 305 Advanced Technical Writing 3 cr

History 306 The American Civil War Era 3 cr.

History 308 Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War 3 cr

Although the logic that I have seen mentioned here is that Excelsior will honor any ACE/NCCRS recommendation which would mean I should be able to take another 2 courses @ 3 credits each, my wife is getting contradictory messages from her academic counselor. The counselor stated courses from Study.com even if they are recommended as Upper Level from ACE/NCCRS typically transfer in at Lower Level courses.  This seems very arbitrary and weird.

So I have the designed the following potential degree plan. Can you let me know your thoughts on if this would work?  Once I get feedback, I am going to email Excelsior and potentially a different academic counselor if necessary.  In the worst case scenario, she can do a UExcel exam which is just under $200 per course.

Suggested BSL degree plan for Upper Level Credits - 30 cr total with 21 A&S and 9 in any area.

21 UL credits U&L from A&S (Depth 1 Psychology)

Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology

Psychology 312: History and Systems of Psychology

English 305 Advanced Technical Writing 3 cr

History 306 The American Civil War Era 3 cr.

History 308 Causes and Effects of the Vietnam War 3 cr

Psych 310 Psychology of Personality 3 cr (Confirm if ECE will accept as UL ACE credit)

Sociology 305 Sociology of Work (Confirm if ECE will accept as UL ACE credit)

9 Non A&S UL credits (Depth 2 - Business)
BUS307 Leadership and Organizational Communication - 3 cr
BUS305 Leadership Communication - 3 cr
BUS302 Foundations of Leadership - 3 cr
At the end of the day, I need to get approval from ECE, but, I really want to avoid having to take unnecessary courses that will not be transferred.

EducationSeeker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Sophia Courses: Health, Fitness, and Wellness and Anatomy & Physiology II Lab LevelUP 7 390 03-23-2024, 03:16 AM
Last Post: Kab
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,383 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,493 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,783 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is there a list of which Sophia courses have touchstones? MaMichelle 7 6,807 03-16-2024, 06:45 PM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 614 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Information New Sophia Courses: College Math and Chemistry MNomadic 67 10,410 03-07-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Westslope Cutthroat
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 328 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat