Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Final
Hello all, I am getting ready to take the final.
Will I know my "grade" before cheat review at the end of the test?
I know this isn't the final grade since they need time to review the video, but will I at least have some idea of how I did.

Now you have to do a 360 scan of the room you are sitting in correct?  I sit at my kitchen table....so I just need to make sure counters and table are cleared?

I am super nervous!
Thank you
(07-14-2019, 12:30 AM)dblchills Wrote: Hello all, I am getting ready to take the final.
Will I know my "grade" before cheat review at the end of the test?
I know this isn't the final grade since they need time to review the video, but will I at least have some idea of how I did.

Now you have to do a 360 scan of the room you are sitting in correct?  I sit at my kitchen table....so I just need to make sure counters and table are cleared?

I am super nervous!
Thank you

I was nervous too. After I went through a couple of exams it became no-big-deal. The key to reducing your stress is to do well with each Quiz. If you can do this (which is very possible) then you only need to score above a 55% on the final for most courses (courses with projects and assignments graded by a human will have a different weighting). How well you need to do on the final is not a mystery, it tells you right on the main SDC dashboard below the button that says "Take Proctored Exam". 

Okay, now to your questions:

Yes, you will be shown your score for the final exam on the very last screen when the test is complete. I believe this might also be the same window that tells you that you can now "close it". Take a moment to look at your score and then close the proctoring software completely, don't leave it open to admire your score. Just know that when you click the "submit" button at the end of the test that you want to take things slowly until you see your score. Once you see your score take a moment and then close everything (this is to prevent continued filming if the proctoring software has not already stopped filming and to ensure a proper exit from the software).

Yes, you will need to do a 360 scan of the room. You can review the video of the 360 scan before you submit it. Make sure to do it slowly and to also show the area below the table/desk. If you have any posters on the wall or pictures with a lot of writing then you might want to take those down. You said you will be doing it at a kitchen table, so don't have any family members walking by or making noise while you are taking your exam.

The only issues I ran into were because my webcam was not in-focus when I had to take a photo of my ID. SDC did not disqualify me, instead, they allowed me to scan a copy of my ID and email it to them. Test your webcam out before taking a test. I got a different webcam and had no issues after that.  

After taking a few final exams with SDC you will see that it is easy and it will become routine.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
How long does it take to get the official score posted? and long does it take to send to TESU?
you'll get your final score as soon as you complete the test. ought to get your course score a couple days after. TESU is very slow to add to your transcript, might take a couple of weeks there

last time i transferred courses from study.com to TESU, TESU wanted a Study.com transcript, not an ACE transcript, so be sure to make sure of that if you're in a hurry
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

(07-14-2019, 10:05 AM)timblackwell Wrote: How long does it take to get the official score posted? and long does it take to send to TESU?

I have only taken a few exams so far but the fastest for me was 2 days and the slowest was 8 days. If it takes longer than 3 days feel free to email SDC. In my case there was an issue with me not taking a good enough ID photo so it took them a little longer. My understanding is it takes about 3 business days on average assuming there are not issues.

For your question "how long does it take to send to TESU?":

Just getting a transcript sent from SDC to TESU takes about 3 business days, if it takes longer then email SDC. I have noticed that getting a class added to ACE can be fast, sometimes the same day.

Now, with TESU there are 2 steps, 1) Acknowledging they have received a transcript from you and 2) Getting credit/getting the class added to your TESU transcript.
#1 happens in a week or so, look on the student portal under "transcripts" and you will see the date they receive it. Maybe a few days later you will get an official email saying they got your transcript. For #2, well, that is more variable. If it is your first time it will happen much quicker. After that it might happen within 20 business days. I am not 100% sure on the time frames for this as it seems to vary.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
Hope you did well on your exam!
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,278 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,469 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,604 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 966 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue