Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Oral Communication visual aid
My twins are getting ready to take the Oral Communications course from SDC.  The first 2 speeches:  Informational and Persuasive are supposed to have visual aids.  Mine will be putting together slide shows with Google Slides.  I contacted Study and asked how they wanted to see it:  Both the slide show and the presenter at once?  Upload the video of the presenter then upload a separate file with the slide show?  They said either way would be fine but I'm curious how others have done this.
TIA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

You could record them doing a presentation with your phone and send the recording to them so they can submit to SDC.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • TwinMom
(07-01-2019, 04:52 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: You could record them doing a presentation with your phone and send the recording to them so they can submit to SDC.

Yes we'll do that but then what about the slide show?  Send it separately?

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security

(07-01-2019, 05:13 PM)TwinMom Wrote:
(07-01-2019, 04:52 PM)suzycupcake Wrote: You could record them doing a presentation with your phone and send the recording to them so they can submit to SDC.

Yes we'll do that but then what about the slide show?  Send it separately?

Yes, that's what I was thinking - they do the presentation as if they are presenting in a meeting (where they speak to the slides and the audience at the same time). This way SDC can see their presentation skills and then you can send the slides separately if SDC wants to see the content.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
[-] The following 1 user Likes suzycupcake's post:
  • TwinMom
When I did mine, I included a slide deck and just said "next slide" during the speech.
Up next:  WGU MSCSIA - Early 2023
Dropped:  WGU MSITM - Wasn't my cup of tea
Completed:  WGU BSCSIA (started 10/1/2018, finished 01/11/2019), Pierpont BOG AAS (5/2018)
Journey Thread (MSITM): https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...TM-Journey
Journey Thread (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ersecurity
Degree Spreadsheet (BS):  https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/attachm...p?aid=2602

[-] The following 2 users Like quigongene's post:
  • alab21, TwinMom
(07-01-2019, 07:30 PM)quigongene Wrote: When I did mine, I included a slide deck and just said "next slide" during the speech.

Great idea!  I was trying to figure out how to integrate the two.  Thanks!

CsmLearn

There is a software called Screen O Matic, they have a free version you can record your screen and do a head shot at the same time. The only thing is their watermark will be at the bottom.
[-] The following 2 users Like sofinel's post:
  • MSK9, TwinMom
(07-02-2019, 06:42 PM)sofinel Wrote: There is a software called Screen O Matic, they have a free version you can record your screen and do a head shot at the same time. The only thing is their watermark will be at the bottom.

I second Screencast-O-Matic. It's free, easy to use and records both the presenter and the presentation. I make my presentations in Powerpoint, open SOM, put the presentation in preview mode and start the recording.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 1 user Likes MSK9's post:
  • TwinMom
Thank you all! Haha, I haven't used that software before but now I know there is such a software out there for this! Woo hoo!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you all!
I have been researching Split Screen Presentation software for days!  lol

CsmLearn

[-] The following 1 user Likes TwinMom's post:
  • alab21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,326 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,484 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,692 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 603 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 969 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,814 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 279 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 683 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM