Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Principles of Finance
Can anyone give feedback on this. Though I might go the PF route but this seems cheaper. It says the final is allowed to be taken three times. If you sign up for a month do all the videos and quizzes in a couple days then fail the final can you really wait 3 days to take it again or do you wait another month as it says active membership quizzes must be available to take again. Have never done a study.com course so no idea how they really work.
I just started with the course myself. Still on chapter one, like everybody mentioned in another thread, if you are
older or experienced on business. This course will be naturally easy to you.

I have almost finished chapter 1 (I am going slowly because I have the flu).
tsimmns Wrote:Can anyone give feedback on this. Though I might go the PF route but this seems cheaper. It says the final is allowed to be taken three times. If you sign up for a month do all the videos and quizzes in a couple days then fail the final can you really wait 3 days to take it again or do you wait another month as it says active membership quizzes must be available to take again. Have never done a study.com course so no idea how they really work.

You can retake in 3 days but it counts as your second exam for the month. So you wouldn't be able to take another course.
If you are a paid sub you get 2 exams per month and $70 per additional exam. I wouldn't worry to much about needing to retake these exams. I have broken down how these Finals generally go from my experience. Depending on you knowledge level of finance already its not to bad of a class. Take you time, do the lessons one by one. Jot down any information your not 100% on, go to next lesson. Doing it this way if you put in a few hours a day you can prob finish in about a week. The finals seems to be like this

50% - easyish questions (meaning they are simple questions that don't involve anything more then some decent recall)
25-30% - medium (requires you some more deep recall and maybe some math calcs/formulas)
rest - hard (could be questions are stuff you don't even remember going over during the class)

I tested my theory on Macroeconomics because I generally hate economics and wanted it done. So I went through each lesson, watched the video, jotted down a quick note if needed, moved on to next one. This class was pre quiz change but I always went for 100 anyways so that change didn't really affect me at all. Soon as I finished the lessons, I ran through any notes I had only came out to about a page front and back (I already took Micro at a BM school), then jumped right into the final. Got a 69/100 and took about 3-4days. About half maybe closer to the 40% mark was really easy type questions, then they had medium level questions, then there was question I just best guessed on. I finished the final in about 30-40minutes. On classes I tried more on I was hitting in the 80's for the final. I wouldn't plan out your plan assuming you will fail finals and have to retake them if you are half way decent in learning and retaining info for at least a few days you will do fine on these courses. The Globalization and International Management was by far the worse course I took from study.com and I say take Macro prior to that course, A whole chapter in Macro is in the lessons for Int Management or close to it. So that's less to do for a course that's had a ton of work to it.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
This was an easy class for me because I already have a lot of experience dealing with the material.

The lessons are very informative and provide all the necessary information needed to pass the exam. I completed the course in a day, but it took me hours working through the lessons. I should have reviewed the flashcards, but I still passed all quizzes with 100 and the final with just 79. 105 points out of 150 is needed to pass the course and receive credit, so if you do well on your quizzes, then you can relax about your final.

I really enjoyed the format. I like it better than Shmoop for learning the material, although Shmoop is interesting to read.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,369 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,601 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 468,512 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Non-course equivalency at TESU for Sophia Principles of Finance? Yenisei 7 363 03-18-2024, 11:51 AM
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 754 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 365 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,032 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 593 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 313 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue