Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Public Speaking 101
Good news! I got a waiver for this 2 credit course and ALSO for the Ethics 2 credit course. I figured they would give me one or the other but I have written confirmation that I have both waivers. Also the waivers show in my degree plan. So this course is an option after all from Study.com.
How hard was the course? How long it took you to complete?
ndelcollo Wrote:Good news! I got a waiver for this 2 credit course and ALSO for the Ethics 2 credit course. I figured they would give me one or the other but I have written confirmation that I have both waivers. Also the waivers show in my degree plan. So this course is an option after all from Study.com.

thanks for the update, very good to know
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
timblackwell Wrote:How hard was the course? How long it took you to complete?

I will be starting it this week. I just received the go-ahead from TESU that it will fulfill the ORAL COM requirement. The course only has 80some quizzes so it shouldn't take more than a few days. There is only one assignment for this course which is a 5 minute speech. Hopefully it won't be too difficult.
ndelcollo Wrote:Good news! I got a waiver for this 2 credit course and ALSO for the Ethics 2 credit course. I figured they would give me one or the other but I have written confirmation that I have both waivers. Also the waivers show in my degree plan. So this course is an option after all from Study.com.

That's great, if I recall correctly, you also need to make up those two credits for something else, such as an elective course credit...
I would do a cheapo course from Shmoop or if you haven't done another alternative credit course from ALEKS (Precalc/Trigonometry).
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
So does TESU not grant credit for this course on study.com? I'd rather take this then the SL one for Comm credits.
strawberryxfuzz Wrote:So does TESU not grant credit for this course on study.com? I'd rather take this then the SL one for Comm credits.

TESU gives the 2 credits for this class and it fills the Oral Comm section. You still need to make up the extra credit in Gen Eds however.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
I would contact TESU to make sure they give the waiver before taking it. I was worried that they would not give a waiver since I already had a waiver for the Ethics course so I contacted them. Now I have it in writing and it shows in my evaluation as a planned course that will fulfill the ORAL COM slot. I need to make up 2 credits in the General Ed electives to cover for the two waivers I received. I'm hoping that the Business TEEX course still counts as General Ed. I am awaiting the evaluation of my first transcript which includes that TEEX course so I'll find out soon if I need another General Ed course or not. Either way I am happy that I am able to use this Study.com Public Speaking course because otherwise I would have needed to use SL just for this one course.
Synicaal Wrote:TESU gives the 2 credits for this class and it fills the Oral Comm section. You still need to make up the extra credit in Gen Eds however.

Ohhh I see, thanks for clearing that up. I've gotten so comfortable with study.com courses lately I'm hoping to finish my degree with that and Saylor. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 39,280 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,471 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 600 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 327 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 967 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,810 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 549 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 277 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue
  Study.com vs Sophia - Time to complete RachelB 2 680 01-05-2024, 01:20 PM