Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP! StraighterLine Business Communications Downgraded
Hi.  Just looking to see if anyone emailed TESU in regards to StraighterLine Business Communications BEFORE they downgraded it from COM-300 to COM-202.  If you have an email showing that it should come in as TESU COM-300, can you copy/paste the email contents (without your personal details)? 

See below:  This is the email I sent TESU Academic Advising.

Hi Academic Advising,

Please investigate my course transfer from StraighterLine Business Communication coming into TESU as COM-202.

The course was completed in May of 2017.  The transfer should have come in as a COM-300 course instead.
I understand that in January 2018, TESU re-evaluated course transfers and that has changed to COM-202.

I completed the course prior to the re-evaluation but may have missed it on my transcript when I sent them to you.
Please see if you can change or correct that evaluation to "grant" me that UL credit, or accept this request as an appeal.
I am hoping to use that Business Communications COM-300 as one of my UL requirements for the BA Liberal Studies.

Thank you for your time.

This is the response I got from an advisor.

Thank you for your email.

For the StraighterLine Business Communication, I do not see anywhere in my records where the course would transfer in as upper level. Do you have an email stating it would?

As a member of the Office of Academic Advising, I look forward to working closely with you in order to ensure your continued success.  Should you need additional support, inquiries may be sent via email to academicadvising@tesu.edu (please note your degree program in the subject line). In addition to this service, I encourage you to schedule an advising appointment.  During these personalized meetings, you will receive comprehensive counseling which will enrich your academic experience.

Sincerely,

My spreadsheet shows that I am complete with the BALS no concentration - I am 1 UL course short if that course doesn't come into my BALS as a UL course.  Does anyone have some information or any suggestions to get this fixed properly?  Is there an equivalency chart on TESU side or StraighterLine side I can reference back to?  Got a link?   

Please help to look for any reference or "proof"! Thank you for your assistance DegreeForum gurus! Thank you!

PS: I am going for NSM concentration, this course is for the general no concentration BALS if I decide to "fall back" into a generic concentration degree.  I have completed the BALS, but working on the NSM concentration.  It is not necessary to get UL for it, but just in case I do go back to a non-concentration BALS, I will need it then.  See signature for details.
Goals: TESU BSBA GM (Added CIS) and BA Computer Science
BSBA GM - Added CIS AOS (CIS & GM completed)
BACS & Grad Plans (BACS instead of BALS w/NSM)

AAS ACS & ESST: Remaining - Associate Capstone
ASNSM CS: Completed, ASNSM Math: Remaining - Calculus I

Taking a majority of credits at Sophia.org, SL, and Study.com to finish these degrees
Updating my courses remaining by following forum advice, guide, spreadsheet & wiki
Hi, Just saw your post -- and wanted to make sure that you had the link to the course equivalency guide between StraighterLine and Thomas Edison State University:  https://www.straighterline.com/colleges/...uivalency/

I hope this resource helps! - SL
As far as the TESU BSBA degree goes it does not matter that it has been downgraded to LL COM-202 vs UL COM-300 because the course is a requirement in the CORE, not in the AOS.  However, if the plan was to use it as an UL COM course for the BALS it matters.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Here's part of an email I received from TESU StuSupport on May 24, 2018.

For the record, I ended up not being able to take it. Planning on taking an UL com CBE from CSU-Global soon. 
-------------
Dear [text removed],

[text removed]
As of right now- you still need one more Upper Level Communications course to fulfill the Upper Level Area of Study requirements.

[text removed]

I also checked and Straigherline offers Business Communication (SL0014) and this transfers in as TESU course COM-300 (Business Communication.) If you take this Straigherline course- it will transfer in as an Upper Level, however, the current End date is 06/30/18, which means you would have to take this course by 06/30/18 to transfer it in, otherwise if taken after 06/31/18- you would need to ask if the End date in this Straighterline course has been extended. 
[text removed]

Sincerely, 
[text removed]
[-] The following 1 user Likes peacel's post:
  • TacticalTechie

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 78 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 464,609 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 299 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 261 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 272 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 2 365 01-26-2024, 12:44 PM
  SDC or Sophia - Managerial Communications Dosada 2 419 11-21-2023, 01:09 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 664 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 414 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,968 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood